It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Las Vegas airport to hold mass emergency exercise

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
On Wednesday a Emergency exercise will be held at the Las Vegas airport and will involve hundreds of people,
The will start on Wednesday morning with a re enactment of an air disaster which will include up to 200 people acting as injured passengers, A simulation will be that multiply aircraft had crashed,

A MD-80 and a helicopter will be taking part to make it more realistic!
Police and ambulance will also be taking part to taxi those "simulated" injuries to the local hospitals,

Local schools will be taking part with 200 of the children posing as victims of the air disaster,

There will also be a mock media conferance after, But it a rare setting real media will be allowed to film some of the event and reporters allowed to ask questions as if it was really happening,

This should certainly be something worth watching so i wanted to just alert those who may not know this was about to happen to it,
If your in the area and happen to snap any piccys it would be great to also see,

[edit on 5-10-2009 by asala]

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I have a friend who works out at the airport as a construction inspector. I will ask him about this and report back.

[edit on 5-10-2009 by brainwreck]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Well todays the day, So i would be interested to see how this goes,

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I am not sure if this would be classed as a current event that shouldn't be on BTS . Still such exercises are important as something like a plane crash is bound to happen sooner or later . Still there is no substitute for the real thing an amusing side note that proves this is an amusing incident that a friend told me about . At one stage a group of Civil Defence personal were on there way to Christchurch airport for a similiar exercise only to encounter a real life accident at a level crossing . Apparently some of the trained medical people didn't handle the situation so good .

new topics

top topics

join