It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nostradamus, the Mayan Calendar and the End of the World in 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
There are countless sites stating Nostradamus "predicted" the End of the World in 2012. This is nonsense, written down by people who are simply copy-pasting what others have said, without even reading the prophecies of Nostradamus. This is what Nostradamus wrote in the preface to his prophecies (that was, in fact, a letter to his son Ceasar): "I have composed books of prophecies, containing each one hundred astronomic quatrains of forecasts, which I have tried to polish through obscurely, and which are perpetual vaticinations, from now to the year 3797. It is possible that this figure will make some lift up their forehead, at such a vast extent of time, and variety of things to take place under the concave journey of the moon; and this universal treatment of causes, my son, throughout the earth, which, if you reach the natural age of man, you will see in your climate, under the heaven of your proper nativity, as things that have been foreseen."

Full story here!

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
For some reason the link wouldn't load for me, so I'll restrict my post the message.

I always get a chuckle whenever people claim Nostradamus predicted 2012, as you said he had visions until around 3700. When I was a youngster my mother was into Nostradamus, and it used to scare the # out of me, so naturally I looked into it. He in no way predicted 2012. I suppose that leaves us with the why, why are people (and the History Channel) trying to propagate this misconception? While I do not subscribe to the 2012 end of the world theories, clearly someone wants us to. I had assumed that everyone knew of the mayan calender and theories surrounding it (guess I spend too much time on ats). I had been wrong, until a few months ago, now with the movies, tv programming, etc. many people are starting to believe that something horrible is going to happen. My elementary school daughter even came home asking me about it?! I can't shake the feeling of a false flag during this time period and that there will be mass casualties, but it will not a natural (or divine) in causes, although that is how it will be explained.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

Well, the same thing was done during the 90's, on the approach to the millennium.

Following the millennium there were a fair few doomsday dates, some of which involving Nibiru, that ended up with people fleeing their homes and moving onto state parks.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
The Mayan calendar doesn't predict the end of the world, either. The Calender Era simply ends on the winter solstice of 2012 and begins anew. No one freaks out when DEC31 hits, because it hits every year.

Timewave Zero also does not predict the end of the world in 2012. There are other factors that come into play in TWZ 30 and 60 years after the Zero Point.

Webbot does not predict the end of the world in 2012, either. The date is pre-programmed into the code.

The Bible EXPRESSLY denies that date.

(Matthew 24:36-39) 36 “Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father.

I'm am very entertained how everyone lumped every end-of-the-world scenario into one day. EVERYTHING is there! Granted, some took massive stretches of the imagination,but still, they are there.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Let me opine;

The ancients had a very different understanding of the cosmos. For some reason, they had very advanced knowledge of a very complex subject, for cultures that were basically "stone age +"...

The movement of the cosmos and tracking it, was what they based their culture on. We don't!

Seer's and prognosticators, in general, were one of two things; charlatans, or pseudo-science/religious practitioners. A lot of hokus-pokus, mumbo jumbo, zimm-bamm alakazam...behold the miracle crap!

Oracles, and soothsayers had hit and miss accuracy records...with some of their more notable predictions coming true. Why? I don't know.

When it comes to Nostradamus, or the Mayans 2012 predictions...I will go about my daily business without trepidations. Should some rogue comet or planet come screaming though our solar system, destroying the Earth, all I can say is: "Que' Sara' Sara'!" There isn't anything any of us can do about it.

So why worry, fret, or get your intestinal juices stewing?

Go about living, loving, and trying to make the world a better place.

The only thing you really have to worry about, is the rotten, scheming rats that call themselves our elected misrepresenting Representative...they are the one's who'll destroy everything, if you let them.

top topics

join