It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need someone with Medical Knowledge

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I have had extremely severe headaches on left side and entire face on left side hurts, for the past seven months now, went to the hospital because when I called a local clinic they refused to see me saying I needed Emergancy care that I was either having a heart attack or I was in jeopardy of having a stroke. Well the hospital said it was a sinus infection and they prescribed antibiotics, I took them all the way up to the time they were gone like you're supposed to, but the symptoms did not go away, they just got a little better not as much pain, now it's again very severe and I went to a different hospital who referred me to the clinic who again will not see me because "You need emergancy care". WTF??????? I have no medical insurance so seeing a regular physician is waaaaaaaaaaayyy out of the question as they won't even think Of setting me up with an appointment. I am no expert but Wouldn't a seven month infection have caused Sepsis by now???? :shk: I think with an infection for that long, I should've already been dead!

[edit on 5-10-2009 by ldyserenity]

[edit on 5-10-2009 by ldyserenity]

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I'm not in the medical field but it sounds like you need more antibiotics. For a really bad sinus infection one round may not do it.

Maybe find a clinic that will go by your income if you are low on funds. Or you could try your local health department.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Here is a great website that discusses different remedies for sinus headaches. You ultimately want to improve your immune system so you don't get these anymore, being on antibiotics is just treating the symptoms, not preventing the cause.

www.healthandage.org...

Try avoiding dairy and sugar for at least a month. Sugar suppresses the immune system, making it hard to fight off infection and dairy products just thicken mucus. Drink hot liquids as often as possible. Avoid diet soda, they're toxic to your immune system. You want to get your immune system amped up to fight off infections in the first place. Get enough vitamin C, D and zinc. Try quercertin (a strong antioxidant and anti-inflammatory) and olive leaf extract (a potent immunostimulator). Steam treatment is helpful, as is nasal irrigation (a lot of ENTs are recommending this).

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

I'm no doctor either but it seems like some further investigation would be wise. Sorry, I can't tell you how to swing it but an x-ray of you sinuses would be in order.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   

I'm NOT A doctor !!!!

TMJ takes on many symptoms.
You can look that up
www.toothtime.ca...
Plus if you still have your wisdom teeth that could be another cause.
You maybe on the verge on a wisdom tooth impacting.
Check out the TMJ link.

In conjunction with what you have been diagnosed with...
Did they check your ears as well for ear infection.
vit c vit d beta carotene might help follow the instructions.

So a doctor or a dentist is your best bet.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I am not a doctor (but I play one at modeling agencies.)

It may not be a sinus infection at all. If the pain is that severe, I think you might need to get a cat scan or CT scan.

The hypochondriac in me is thinking something very bad.

It could be just a sinus infection, but I would think that your natural defenses would have done away with any infection.

How are your teeth doing? Been to a dentist in a while?

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Hello my friend

I will offer you my story which may or may not help your condition.

Last spring I suffered a severe headache for over 3 months that I thought was a sinus infection, went to the doctor who prescribed a series of tests including EEG, MRI, MRA, bloodwork and head x-rays as he didn't believe the sinuses were the problem at all. The restults of all of the tests were negative. No diagnosis was made yet the headache persisted.

Coincidentally, I kept a previously made dental appointment (cleaning) after all the medical tests had been conducted.

The dentist took one look inside my mouth and asked me if I suffered from sinus pain. I was shocked and asked how he knew. He said it was obvious and that his father had the same swelling and redness inside his mouth (back of the throat) as mine. But he also asked me if I was aware that I grind my teeth. I told him I didn't think so, to which he informed me that from the "wear" on my molars it was clear to him that I do grind my teeth, alot.

So, he chiseled down a couple of spots on a few molars and trimmed back the bridge I have on my front upper teeth to allow my lower jaw to rest normally.

The headache disappeared within an hour and hasn't been back.

Go to your dentist. He will more than likely find out what is wrong and fix it.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

That's what I am thinking too. If it's not a sinus infection, and there are no other medical reasons for the pain, it might be a dental problem. I had an abscessed tooth going for a while. It would cause me great pain and a headache like no other.

Once the tooth was removed. The pain was gone.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I would go to the dentist. It could be that you do grind your teeth. Happened to me a few years ago.

good luck.

top topics

join