It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curfew Laws

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by YoungGod88

what everybody needs to do is turn off their TVs for awhile and educate themselves and this country would be a better place

Now you are making some sense!

2nd line

Mod Edit: Adding "2nd line" doesn't make it any less of a 1-liner!

[edit on 6-10-2009 by Gemwolf]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Curfews have been used in the UK but I don't think it is common place. Personally I think 17 is a bit old for a curfew - but up to 16 - why not?
I used to work nights in a city suburb. Around midnight, you would see 14 and 15 yr olds out and about and up to no good. I guess it is easy to bleat about freedom - till your car has been vandalised by a young yob who thinks it's fun.

[edit on 6-10-2009 by unicorn1]

[edit on 6-10-2009 by unicorn1]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
So?
A 30 year old could to the same to your car.
Should everyone have a curfew because they can do damage to?

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

There are tons of bad humans out there - young and old. No one should be allowed out of the house for everyone's safety.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Its oppression plain and simple. When I was younger I always despised the attitudes that adults had toward young people. Young people tend to be far more sharp than their adult "superiors". But a lot of times young people and their beliefs or culture are frowned upon and suppressed because it doesn't coincide with what some dinosaurs were raised to believe in. An enforced curfew isn't a crime deterrent at all. As if their are no criminals who are of age. Give me a break. And that video with the cop. I just wanna drop kick his ass for the way he bullied and terrorized that poor kid.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Huey Adinasi

amen to that

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Huey Adinasi
Its oppression plain and simple. When I was younger I always despised the attitudes that adults had toward young people. Young people tend to be far more sharp than their adult "superiors". But a lot of times young people and their beliefs or culture are frowned upon and suppressed because it doesn't coincide with what some dinosaurs were raised to believe in. An enforced curfew isn't a crime deterrent at all. As if their are no criminals who are of age. Give me a break. And that video with the cop. I just wanna drop kick his ass for the way he bullied and terrorized that poor kid.

REAL TALK

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Its to keep children from causing trouble in the darkness of night. Crime would go up with out it. Its not like its a bad thing its just a form of discipline. Stop getting worked up about non-important crap.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
and how do you figure it would make the crime rate go up?

the kids who cause trouble at night do it regardless with or without a curfew

and most of the crimes being committed are not done by underage kids btw

edit: and of course it aint important to you cause you probably old and it dont effect you

[edit on 7-10-2009 by YoungGod88]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
How would crime rates go up?
If you are going to rob someone - you will do it regardless of the time.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I agree that curfew laws are oppressive.
It may not be a big deal.. but what if they start giving curfews for everyone....then what?

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
My last post here is a hypothetical scenario.

It is 2:00 a.m. The police receive a report of three "teenagers" having just thrown a rock off of a bridge, onto a passing car. The occupant of the car is a single mother of two young children, going home after working her second job. She is seriously injured in the resulting crash. The police were told the direction the "teenagers" fled.

While looking for the actual people that committed the crime, the police come across several groups of teenagers. Each group must be considered possible suspects and require time to investigate. One group even wastes more of the officer's time by arguing about their "rights" being violated.

As a result, the actual criminals evade capture and are never held accountable for their actions. Had the innocent groups of teens been safely in their homes, playing X-box or whatever, the odds would have been heavily in the favor of the police to apprehend the punks.

Before you begin poo-pooing the story, realize that, while being fictitious, each element is not. The rock thrown from the bridge happened and every night the police (in areas where there is no curfew) have to waste valuable time determining whether a "kid" is up to no good or not.

I can already predict the response to this, but hey, discussion is free!

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Adults can throw rocks off bridges too? Stupid behavior is not limited to the youth. I could write the same exact story and write adult where teenager is written.

[edit on 10/8/2009 by mnmcandiez]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
It certainly isnt just the youth who commit crimes sadly.. adults who should know better are also culprits in a lot of ways.. this is the first i have heard of the curfews, can anyone tell me where in the US this is being enforced and what given reason do the 'authorities' have for doing so? I completely agree that it is the parents place to make a standing curfew for their children, but then again with that said, more and more parents these days cant even be bothered to raise their kids properly let alone enforce such a rule as curfew times, so in those cases, as much as i hate given cops more power than they already have in society, it would have to fall to them.. but you cant paint everyone with the same brush..not everyone out past 11:30 is out looking for trouble..its just another freedom they want to stiffle out to heighten their already inflated egos and gain more control over the everyday people.. the cops power trips are a huge problem

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Full_Vision

In Ohio there are curfews on any city/suburbs that I know of. I'm pretty sure they are implemented in all states.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by mnmcandiez

kinda proved his point eh? you-"NO IM NOT!"

kids think they know it all. they will tell an expert how to do his job.

everything is "unfair!" without providing a decent argument to back it up.

at 17 YOU ARE A KID, you dont need to be out at midnight. you have no where to go. you only want to go out because you can't.

you are 100percent reliant on your parents, and yet you hate them..where is the logic here? they buy you laptops, games console, your clothes, your food,they will cook for you, clean your room/the house. let you live under the roof for free.. buy you presents several times of the year. and YOUR LIFE IS UNFAIR!! brats.

[edit on 10-10-2009 by MR BOB]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

lol at the irony

your not even bringing up a decent argument

what are you talking bout?

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
So?
A 30 year old could to the same to your car.
Should everyone have a curfew because they can do damage to?

He's right, and it's highly unlikely that a 30 year old will wander through neighborhoods at night keying cars for fun. Teenagers now are senseless, I live in a relatively peaceful neighborhood and have had to run outside at night with a shotgun to keep the little hellians away from my vehicle. It's been broken into 3 times in the past year. Maybe if our current generation of teenagers didn't think it was a cool past-time to go out and act like thug gangsters then a curfew wouldn't be necessary. In my opinion it's because they don't understand consequences, likely caused by helicopter parents and the politically correct way our society is now ran.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join