It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nanotechnology-Human Augmentation.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Now before we start i would like you to forget ideas like The Borg.
Or even Seven of Nine, lovely as she is.
I would like to know what you think of ideas such as,
Titanium bone strengthening,
Polymer Elastic muscle enhancement,
Digitally Enhanced Vision.
Keep in mind that we are talking about building structures from the atom up.
Your external appearance need not be changed at all.
The three examples i have given are those that i would like myself.
Stronger muscles and bones for obvious reasons.
And Digital Enhanced Vision because i like the idea of a HUD being displayed on the retina.
But there are many other possibilities to contemplate such as those in the medical field.
Could this, together with stem cells, be the end of Frankenstien Transplantation.
And the beginning of the new man?
Your opinions and ideas warmly welcomed.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic4life

I'm all for it.
The eyes of a hawk, as they say.
The skeletal strength of Wolverine and the Fast-Twitch muscle response 5X better than the best olympic sprinter.

I would kick peoples' asses just for the fun of it.

Oh, a rework of my hearing would be cool too.

[edit on 4-10-2009 by JayinAR]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Hi, Cosmic4life.

Originally posted by Cosmic4life

OK. You asked for it. . . B-)

How about raising the intelligence/cleverness of the stupid
human race, until it STOPs making wars ???? B-)

Sooooooo, the FIRST "thing" that should be worked on, is the ***brain*** ! !
If we don't do that, the nice enhancements proposed here,
would be used militarily ! ! !

Blue skies.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Self replicating nano-bots in the bloodstream to repair tissue damage, rebuild severed limbs, and to destroy bacteria, viruses and other pathogens.

Internal communications device. Connect both to the internet as well as others with similar devices. Technological telepathy.

Solar cells replacing the need to eat.

Redesign the respirtory system to be able to extract oxygen equally well from water as from air. Be fully amphibious.

Internal digital memory storage, so that you can take pictures with your enhanced eyes, record audio with your enhanced ears, record tactile input from your enhanced skin. And with the internal communications device mentioned above, you would be able to transmit all of this to others in real time.

Imagine sex between two people transmitting full bodily awareness to one another.

Could this, together with stem cells, be the end of Frankenstien Transplantation.

Yes, it could. It could be both the end and the beginning of many things. I propose we let engineers decide where technology shall take us. Not politicians, religious leaders or corporate management.

[edit on 4-10-2009 by LordBucket]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Is there a ancient mythology that mentions Nanotechnology-human Augmentations?.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordBucket

Self replicating nano-bots in the bloodstream to repair tissue damage, rebuild severed limbs, and to destroy bacteria, viruses and other pathogens.

Internal communications device. Connect both to the internet as well as others with similar devices. Technological telepathy.

Solar cells replacing the need to eat.

Redesign the respirtory system to be able to extract oxygen equally well from water as from air. Be fully amphibious.

Internal digital memory storage, so that you can take pictures with your enhanced eyes, record audio with your enhanced ears, record tactile input from your enhanced skin. And with the internal communications device mentioned above, you would be able to transmit all of this to others in real time.

Imagine sex between two people transmitting full bodily awareness to one another.

Yes, it could. It could be both the end and the beginning of many things. I propose we let engineers decide where technology shall take us. Not politicians, religious leaders or corporate management.

[edit on 4-10-2009 by LordBucket]

I say we get used to it.

Your post describes the future in an oh, so Poetic way........

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
This underestimates everything that human and organic.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by masonicon

This underestimates everything that human and organic.

I think you mean 'undermines.'

Why so? What's the problem? There are already people running around with artificial limbs, replacement hearts, hips, voiceboxes...

Where do you draw the line? There isn't any obvious place. Current social convention appears to draw the line between "replacement" and "enhancement." It's "ok" to insert repalcement parts to restore function that has been lost. But not ok to improve on the basic form.

I ask why?

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Maybe the advent of the computer and our steady acceleration into the melting of man and machine is a submissive invasion of silicone based life from another dimension. They could be using the amalgamation of carbon and silicone to cross the dimensional bridge. The supposed CRASH at Roswell was actually a staged event to accelerate our computing capacity so we would develop faster chips.

OR NOT

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

I'm shocked JayinAR.

posted on 5-10-2009 at 03:21 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm all for it.
The skeletal strength of Wolverine and the Fast-Twitch muscle response 5X better than the best olympic sprinter.

Kicking peoples asses with wilful abandon is not the proper use of this technology! (Military personnel only)

Did you hear me soldier?

I said did you hear me soldier?

Nevermind.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by C-JEAN

Sadly C-JEAN no amount of high tech wizardry is going to solve the problem of human stupidity.

Some would even argue that war is our natural state.

This technology will of course be researched by the military and then rejected.
Why would the military reject it you may ask.
Well, soldiers that live long tend to reject their masters.
They also draw expensive pensions.
And robots are cheaper and obey commands.(Usually)

Nothing more terrifying to TPTB than a disenfranchised superman.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

LordBucket, we are most definately on the same frequency.

Some excellent ideas there my friend.

And yes i agree, things would be a lot more advanced if Engineers were free from the dubious moral elite. Politic. Religion. Corporate.
Sadly this technology has financial consequences, and where there is money one often finds the dubious moral elite.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Well it looks like this thread is pretty much toast.

What can we learn from this?

It seems ATS these days is all about Prophecy, Prediction and Conspiracy.

I feel the wind and it is drifting away from science towards superstition.

Without science and futurology this site would never have existed, and yet here we are with the science subjects relegated to the backwash of the current topic selection.

I hope sometime that we will get over this Paranoid/Superstitious hump and that the ATS herd will wake up and witness the technological transformations that are taking place.

I could go on and on about the amount of threads devoted to unprovable nonsense that has no baring on anybody's life.

Yet when a relevant thread is posted about technology that very definately will transform our existance, only a few are interested.

LordBucket your comment about Engineers having to struggle with Politicians, Religeos and Corporates is precisely reflected in the current ATS forums.

The most highly posted topics fall into those categories and the majority of posters all seem to be suprised by the corruption!

Science seems to be taking a back seat while the nutters are driving.

Apologies for my rant, maybe my next thread.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Dude, are you telling me that if you could sprint at a speed of 100mph and hit a baseball a mile, you wouldn't bumrush people and rough 'em up a bit just for kicks?

I wouldn't either really. However, I would definately like to have the fullservice upgrade.
Actually, we need to get to work on this sort of stuff.
Can you imagine a world where everyone was telepathic? Even if it was electronic telepathy?
There would be no lying to one another.
It would be awkward at first, but after getting adjusted, you would have just created a utopia...overnight.

Of course, these applications would be reserved for military only. Not to communicate, but to read.
We ARE a war driven people.
But one can dream.
What makes it frustrating is the fact that we can see this to an end, but we lack the resolve to actually push for it.
We are a dumbed down lot.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

yeah that would be awesome till some idiot released a virus that effected your borg implants and played hell with your senses.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
warning! this will makes people very life and death completely ruled by technology.

[edit on 8-10-2009 by masonicon]

[edit on 8-10-2009 by masonicon]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR

I'm all for it.

[edit on 4-10-2009 by JayinAR]

What's happen if Sylar of Heroes get this?

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Honestly, with the technological singularity expected to hit this mid century, our world will change in a revolutionary way, some for the good, some for the bad. AI will exceed that of mans intelligence when this happens. In order for us to be able to cohabitate with AI, we ourselves will have to become cybernetic. So it is very possible that all this will be possible from anywhere around 2030-2050.

Acturial escape velocity could also be a very real concept in the not so distant future. This is where human life extends by a year, every year, or beyond that.

Really cool stuff though. Someday, things will change, the world will be a very different place from what we are accustomed to today. Hopefully we dont blow ourselves up beforehand!

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   
This kind of power will never be released to the masses. Some of us are not ready to handle the responsibility as clearly stated by some posters. imagine a million super powered humans fighting each other. they would destroy half of civilization. So even if we achieve this level of tech it will only be available to the super rich and elite.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd
This kind of power will never be released to the masses. Some of us are not ready to handle the responsibility as clearly stated by some posters. imagine a million super powered humans fighting each other. they would destroy half of civilization. So even if we achieve this level of tech it will only be available to the super rich and elite.

There is no gaurantee that we will make it. Im sure civilizations in the past and present have destroyed themselves with technological leaps. The type of revolutionary leaps we are talking about. Dr. Michio kaku explains this in the discovery channels 2057 documentary. Type I, Type II, and Type III civilizations, could, and probably do exist somewhere out there in deep space. It is likely that the less fortunate ones trying to make the leap to a Type status destroyed themselves in the process. It is speculation, but Im sure it has happened.

One thing is for sure, we do live in interesting times!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join