It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could this be the WebBot Trigger!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Sept. 30 (Bloomberg) -- The Federal Reserve filed a notice it will appeal a judge’s order requiring the central bank to identify the companies that benefited from its emergency loans.
The filing with the U.S. Court of Appeals in New York today was authorized by Solicitor General Elena Kagan, the Obama administration’s top courtroom lawyer, according to Charles Miller, a spokesman for Kagan.

www.bloomberg.com...

Can anyone tell me how long a process like this would now take. Months or weeks?

ATS: www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 4-10-2009 by SharkBait]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Here's a question....what gives the Fed a legal right to exist? Was there an amendment in the constitution? Or Federal laws? do they have a legal right to exist, and if so, which laws allow them to exist and work for us?

They are sort of like a "contract" government agency, right? They're not actually federal government, but quasi-government. Therefore, if they are not willing to give up information that WE request from them, then I think we have the right to "dissolve the contract" with them. Plain and simple.

What I don't understand is why we created central banks anyway. Granted, I wasn't an economics major, but why can't the treasury just do what the central banks do. Did we create the fed because we didn't think that the US government was capable of doing it? If we dissolved the Fed, who could take over the job? Would our government be able to take over their duties tomorrow?

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Dude our government sold us out to the reserve almost 100 years ago.

THEY call the shots make no mistake about it.

I will crap you out gold and diamonds if anything on the "audit the fed" or this case actually comes to fruition.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by nikiano
Here's a question....what gives the Fed a legal right to exist? Was there an amendment in the constitution? Or Federal laws? do they have a legal right to exist, and if so, which laws allow them to exist and work for us?

en.wikipedia.org...
The twelve regional Federal Reserve Banks were established by the United States Congress as the operating arms of the nation's central banking system. These banks were the idea of Alexander Hamilton, the first Secretary of Treasury, who started a movement advocating the creation of a central bank. Following this movement the First Bank of the United States was established in 1791. The First Bank of the United States was headquartered in Philadelphia, but had branches in other major cities. The Bank performed the basic banking functions of accepting deposits, issuing bank notes, making loans and purchasing securities. These twelve regional banks are organized much like private corporations—possibly leading to some confusion about “ownership.” [1]

The Federal Reserve System was created by the Federal Reserve Act of 1913 which "established a new central bank designed to add both flexibility and strength to the nation's financial system. The legislation provided for a system that included a number of regional Federal Reserve Banks and a seven-member governing board. All national banks were required to join the system and other banks could join. The Federal Reserve Banks opened for business in November 1914. Congress created Federal Reserve notes to provide the nation with an elastic supply of currency. The notes were to be issued to Federal Reserve Banks for subsequent transmittal to banking institutions in accordance with the needs of the public.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
If they were transparent i don't think many people would have a big problem with them. But that's not the case!

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I may be wrong, but I think from what I've read that due to all this audit the fed stuff, the fed is passing their powers over to the IMF, and they will act global with basically the same powers. It slight of hand central banking at it's finest. A few might go to jail over the feds misdealings, but with the transfer of power it wont matter, it will be more of the same.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by eightonefive

They are probably planning to kill anyone who is in the know, and is a weak link.

Note all the financial deaths in the recent weeks.

new topics

top topics

join