It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Four-Winged Dino Clinches the Case for Bird Evolution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
blogs.discovermagazine.com...

I'm not a believer in evolution, per se, but you may want to look at this new discovery in China.

I believe that there were a lot more animals here at one time. I believe they were eliminated, either by man or by some other means. I believe in the process of extinction, not evolution.

Science shows over 70 phyla on Earth in the past. Today we have 30. That smacks of extinction, not evolution. There may have been a lot of "transitional forms" around, like salamanders and frogs, or chimps and gorillas. They're dead and gone, bones to be dug up, not necessarily having any descendants, therefore no evolution.

We just happen to be around when the leftovers are here, and all those "transitional forms" are gone, like holes in Swiss cheese. We think we know, but do we really? Aren't we just guessing they had descendants and those descendants were slightly different due to processes of adaptation/elimination? Why not extinction?

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I think this has already been posted www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
What the hell are you thinking Jim ?? I can see it now.

First the creationists stumble upon this thread bewildered, saying to themselves " what, this isn't in the bible" whats going on here ?

Then they begin to multiply, and their confusion turns to rage, ... as they think that you are an agent of lucifer himself sent to deceive the masses.

Then they come back, .... for blood.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

What, a chance for both Evolution, and Creation at play in our ancient past, oh my, sure does make God a bigger player than the bible lets us see.

How long was that first day again?

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Anyone got a picture of the bones of this thing?

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by All Seeing Eye

What, a chance for both Evolution, and Creation at play in our ancient past, oh my, sure does make God a bigger player than the bible lets us see. How long was that first day again?

The evening and the morning were the first day. I don't think He used the whole day, probably just some of the daytime working hours.

Also, in the Inherit the Wind movie, they reversed the court decision. Actually, the evolutionists lost.

[edit on 4-10-2009 by Jim Scott]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Yes, the evolutionist lost, and rightly so. It was the state law that was broken, along with the ability to think freely. He broke the law knowing the consequences, and it appears it was a joint effort because I believe the ACLU supplied the lawyer.

Evolution was not on trial and that is why the Judge disallowed expert testimony. The point of the trial was to show how bad the law was that disallowed people from using their minds and thinking for themselves.

Even today it amazes me how people want to put God in one book, and say that's the complete story. One book could never hold the complete story of our Divine God. One book, one religion, can never have a copy right on the Divine.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I understand your feelings about one book holding one God. When you think about it, though, don't people have enough trouble with one book? Another one would just be more trouble. Maybe that's one area where God is merciful.

And, by the way, it's 66 books. They just happen to fit into one, perfectly.

Good planning on His part, no?

new topics

top topics

join