It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Angels and Women

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   
In the early ages of the world angelic beings became incarnate, assumed the likeness of men, left the service of God, visited the earth, mingled in its affairs, formed the most intimate connection with women, and became the fathers of a progeny physically magnificent and spiritually corrupt. These powerful and depraved beings subverted the government of the earth and filled it with intolerable crime. The Almighty put an end to this unnatural condition by sending a great Deluge to destroy the kingdom of the Devas with their giant offspring, and by imprisoning in chains and darkness the angels who had been guilty of the offence.

Child of the Hermitage

West Bank of the Euphrates. After Adam. Four Cycles. First Moon. Evening.

This day completes another year of my life; its events have made me unusually thoughtful.
Immediately after the morning sacrifice Aleemon called me to the garden. his countenance, always serious, was even sad as we sat down under our favorite cypress-tree.
"Seola, my daughter," he said, "you are no longer a child; maturing in years and experience will bring to you, as to every human being, care, perplexity, and sorrow. Your brother, who would have been a companion and protector, is dead; I buried him at Sippara. You are alone."

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   
How did he die??

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by William One Sac
How did he die??

Aleemon said later to Seola,
"I was married to Lebuda, and was happy in her love, but I did not fly (out of the city of Sippara as warned by his brother Noah.) I lingered near Sippara, where, in the great repositories, I could so conveniently continue my favorite pursuits. Here your brother was born and died; his infant form reposes in a cave of the mountain."
"A few years I remained unmolested (from the Devas and Darvands), for I passed in and out of the city by the most unfrequented streets, and never interfered in its affairs. I completed the copy of many valuable works, particularly those of Seth, and hopefully drifted along the stream of time."
"But upon a certain evening, when Lebuda came near the environs of the city to accompany me in the homeward walk, a crowd of Darvands (offspring of angels) and men followed us, discussing her beauty in a way which aroused my quiet nature to furious wrath."

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Well, its a nice piece of writing at any rate.

As a side note, have a friend who believes many of the "giants" survived the great flood by going underground. And continue to live there to this day. Do you have an opinion on this? And by all means, continue with the story, it's very well written.

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 11:26 PM
link   
After some time, Seola is forced to the City of the Sun(Sippara)with her mother Lebuda. Seola meets a young lady residing in an apartment adjacent to hers. Seola inquires of the woman named, Simourga what was the low building in the distance was for. Simourga replys by saying, "That is Tebah, intended to float upon the great waters." After they converse about who is building this great vessel away from any sea or river, Simourga begins to tell much about herself and experiences.

"My name," said the woman, "is Simourga; I was born a thousand measures from Sippara, on the shores of the great inland sea, a land of perpetual spring, of beauty and delight. My father was a powerful prince, who governed a happy people by just and equal laws, for he was a worshipper of God. He refused the fealty and tribute exacted by Zamiel, a fierce Deva, who precipitated himself upon the earth after the descent of Lord Lucifer, and established his kingdom on the borders of the land in which for ages the dynasty of Napethos had born sway. The monarchs of our line, who were warlike and wise; remained undisturbed after the other princes of the world succumbed to the Deva powers.
"O happy days, when in my father's royal bark, with Angeros my betrothed for a companion, we sailed across the midland sea and passed the narrow gates of rocks which Giant Atlas tore asunder when he would reach the Atlantine shore! To the far west, upon the bosom of the deep, lay the Amber Isles(Bermuda), raised by the dwarfs of ocean in distant ages when Wandu and Wejas(Scandinavian giants, Wind and Water) strove.
"Thither the light winds wafted us, and many months we remained in the land of unclouded skies and never-failing verdure, gathering gold and purple fruit, breathing health and delight from the air of ocean, till my father was summoned to defend his kingdom from an attack of the Devas. Vain struggle! Zamiel made alliance with Lord Lucifer. They united their armies of Darvands, strong, crafty, cruel warriors, and swept over our kingdom like fire across the stubble. Our city and palace were burned, the army slaughtered, my father, his generals and priests, were tortured. Angeros was slain; my mother died of a broken heart; but I was taken to the court of Zamiel, and spared on account of my beauty."

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 11:51 PM
link   
It is also said in the story that great subterranean vaults exsist. One of the caverns is mentioned as housing the angels' steeds of flame.

The problem with surviving unground during that time is that the waters covered the earth for more than a year. The sealing of the entrance of their cavern would have to be perfect for that amount of time. Enough food supplies would be required as well. Another problem for survival would be the fact that great volcanic activity is mentioned by Seola once the Deluge begins. The caverns would colapse. For the giants, or Darvands were flesh and would suffer as any human would.
So it is my oppinion that the giants all perished at the Deluge, but the Devas, or fallen angels continued, but unable to materialize.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Aleemon's story.

Second moon. First Day.

A month has past since I began my journal; nothing has happened worth recording until today, when I found an opportunity to question my father.

Aleemon said to Seola, "Perhaps the time has now come, my daughter, when it is proper to tell you what sooner or later certainly be brought to your knowledge. It is a strange and mournful story, in which there is but one light to relieve the deep shadows of sin and sorrow.
"Know then, Seola, that after our first parents admitted the Deceiver to their counsels, and had been driven from their happy home, sin and death became the unnavoidable and dread attendants of every human life. But more fatal than all other miseries of the fall was the power of interference in human affairs which the Tempter had acquired. He constantly used, and from his evil nature abused, this power, slowly gaining possession of the hearts of men, till, grown bold by success, he enticed other Star-Spirits from their allegiance to the Almighty, promising to establish them as great princes in the world which he had conquered. They came and took possession of Mount Hermon in the sides of the North. By some subtle process, of which our most learned sages are ignorant, the seraphim changed themselves from the winged serpent-form into the likeness of men, grand, strong, and beautiful. These majestic beings became enamoured with the beauty of women, and took to themselves many wives. A race of magnificent but frightfully depraved creatures, giants in intellect and stature, were the products of these unnatural marriages, and they, with despotic cruelty, aided their sires in the subversion of the world. The story of the crimes and abominations which prevailed would be too shocking to your ears."

[Edited on 17-5-2004 by lostinspace]

[Edited on 17-5-2004 by lostinspace]

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   
"I have before remarked in speaking of the allotments of the gods, that they distributed the whole earth into portions differing in extent, and made for themselves temples and instituted sacrifices. And Poseidon, receiving for his lot the island of Atlantis, begat children by a mortal woman, and settled them in a part of the island...

In this mountain there dwelt one of the earth born primeval men of that country, whose name was Evenor, and he had a wife named Leucippe, and they only had one daughter who was called Cleito. The maiden had already reached womanhood, when her father and mother died; Poseidon fell in love with her and had intercourse with her, and breaking the ground, inclosed the hill in which she dwelth all round, making alternate zones of sea and land larger and smaller, encircling one another; there were two of land and three of water...He also beget and brought up five pairs of twin male(offspring of angels are only male.) children; and divided the island of Atlantis into ten portions.

The names of the ten sons are as follows:
(In the native tongue of the Greeks)

1. Atlas (Atlantic)
2. Eumelus (Gadeirus)
3. Ampheres
4. Evaemon
5. Mneseus
6. Autochthon
7. Elasippus
8. Mestor
9. Azaes
10. Diaprepes

...All these an their descendants for many generations were the inhabitants and rulers of divers islands in the open sea; and also, as has been already said, they held sway in our direction over the country within the Pillars as far as Egypt and Tyrrhenia.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Hey, thats really cool. I am going to Bermuda very soon. We are taking a glass bottom boat ride that goes over 350 ship wrecks. Sorry to go off topic, I just thought I would share.

To the far west, upon the bosom of the deep, lay the Amber Isles(Bermuda), raised by the dwarfs of ocean in distant ages when Wandu and Wejas(Scandinavian giants, Wind and Water) strove.

[Edited on 5-17-2004 by William One Sac]

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 11:22 PM
link   
How shall I recover the broken thread of my story? How make up the calendar of sorrow marked by the dial as ten suns only, but weighted with the woes of years? Yet this journal, lightly begun at the suggestion of my beloved father, must be continued as a sacred duty.

The day was fair and the omens auspicious as we stepped upon the boat made ready to receive us. Father and Charmos, with long poles, pushed from the shore, and aided the wide-spread sail that propelled us slowly along. The great branch of the Euphrates which we were ascending, though now deserted and lonely, in far-gone ages was lively with the boats of pilgrims to Eden, and heavy vessels bearing the productions of other lands to the great cities on its shore; but the Wicked Ones, who control the affairs of the world, have desolated this plain, striving to obliterate from the memory of mankind every reminiscence of the lost Paradise!

Before our boat was unmoored in the morning we went ashore to view the ruins of an ancient city, once famous for its magnificence and learning, now only a mound of ashes overgrown with a straggling forest. Seth, the founder of this city, was a great sage, the inventor of the characters used in writing. He caused two wonderful pillars to be erected, upon which was inscribed the history of the world. These precious memorials of better days were destroyed by order of the Devas, but not until scribes of our family had copied some portions of the writing.

The scene grew wilder and more drear after we resumed our journey. The banks were tangled with luxuriant shrubs and vines; birds of brilliant plumage flitted among the trees; bright lizards and spotted serpents darted in and out or lay coiled around their trunks. When night came on and the journey drew to a close, the river became narrower, and tall trees, arching over our heads, made the way solemn and gloomy; our spirits grew heavy and conversation died. As the red sun, like a blazing fire, sank out of sight, behind the great forest, we approached a rock which rose in the middle of the river.

"Here," said my father, "our journey terminates." Upon this rock, which parts the stream as it issues out of the garden, once stood the vigilant guard with sword of flame. Alas! the transplanted tree of life perished in the ungenial soil of the wicked world; it renews its life-giving leaves in the garden of heaven. But the cherub, though no longer visible, still continues on earth to fulfill the high behests of the Eternal! Just beyond this frowning warder lies the gateway of a ruined Paradise: none care now to force an entrance, or seek in its pure air the lost joys of innocence...

(more?)

posted on May, 22 2004 @ 12:05 AM
link   
(By the way this story was published 126 years ago.)

After the family left the entrance of the Garden of Eden, they drifted back down the river and took to sleep sometime after sundown. Earlier that day a strange occurance took place upon the small Island in front of the Garden of Eden. This sacred sacrificial island was alarmingly consumed by a volcanic fissure beneith the river, after Aleemon offered up his sacrifice. No generation forward was to place a sacrifice at the entrance of Eden again.

That evening everyone went to sleep except Seola. She lay on a mat at the feet of her parents and look into the evening sky. This is what she says,

"The air was serene and the sky still clear; the moon was in the full, and I discovered what I could not remember to have seen before, the awful ruin of its scarred surface, the deep chasms, where rest motion less seas of fog, the flickering light and occasional fires which shoot from its expiring volcanoes."

That evening Aleemon is put to death by Lucifer because he desires Lebuda to be his wife because he deems her more beautiful than Eve. Nobody realizes that Aleemon was killed by the hand of the Devas except for Seola. Later Seola, Lebuda and Elbeth are forced to reside in Sippara by order of Lucifer because Lebuda is to be wed to him. Lebuda gives in to his advances but Seola is resistive to him and the other angel.

Since Lucifer is Lord of the Star-Spirits on earth he expects them to come to this great momentous occassion- his wedding. A day before the wedding ceremony, Seola secretly overhears a conversation between a Deva and a Darvand about the release of Simourga. When they leave a group of many Devas begin to assemble in a coucil chamber close by. Seola freezes against the pillar she is already against, but they do not notice her presence. She is compelled to stay and listen to what they have to say. this is what happens,

"They came, a band of celestial forms, clad in angelic livery, princely and resplendent, with words and voices of heavenly sweetness; their eyes flashed immortal fire; their airy footsteps gave no echo. Upon each royal brow blazed its own peculiar star, set with the color of its nativity, but in the features could be seen lines traced by ages of unrestrained passion and despotic power. Princes of the East and of the West, of the North and of the South, warders of the Upper Spheres, King of the Centre, Guardian of the Outer Circle, and others of unknown name.
But where is the Monarch of Waters?
Where the Prince of the Power of Air?
No answer; but from afar a sound like the booming of the sea in a rising storm.
The warrior sons retired, and the proud Devas bowed before the throne.
And now a change,-each form looms indistinct, each voice grows terrible. I had come to this place to speak to Aurenion, I must witness a council of Devas.
I hear, -every nerve is strained, I tremble and falter, -the friendly column supports me. Remember, repeat, if thou canst, Seola!
Ah, no, -I cannot, words unearthly,- yet must I catch the meaning, and before oblivion seals every sense; it is the voice of Lucifer.
In some distant, awful hour he dared to penetrate the secret chamber of the Creator and seize the mystery of life and incarnation. Who but the Light-Bearer could soar so high? Swelling with pride, he revolted and drew after him a third part of the host of heaven and did cast them to the earth. Thy subjugated the human race, won the love of woman, and established a sovereignty; for many cycles their kingdom has remained undisturbed, bu now the enemy is roused and sternest danger threatens.
He calls upon Agni, and the God of Fire, swift, subtle, uncertain, moves forward, his step marked by a scorched footprint.
He bids the Great Master look to the stars that draw upon the central fires; they struggle to be free; they heave the bed of ocean; they strive to burst the ribs of the earth; the demons cannot restrain their fury.
Agni vanishes, and the aerial voice is heard of Obora, Prince of the Upper Spheres. In his circle is a great planet between the Red World and the Green; uninhabited, cracked, and fissured, deep-seamed and rent by volcanic fire. Deep, jarring, splitting sounds now issue from the centre of this desolate orb; its about to fall to pieces. Its disruption will endanger the earth.
And Hesperus is called. He. ranging in the twilight hour along the bounds of day and darkness, beholds with alarm strange mustering of the heavenly host. The balance of the worlds is unsettled, the Wan Planet is threatened with disruption...
Then follow words vague and awful, like rushing meteors and roaring winds, not to be written, not to be recalled, whose import I could scarce comprehend. I only knew that by a desperate plot the Wan Plantet could be shattered, the Green World and the Red shaken, that Earth might be saved..."

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 01:52 AM
link   
"Soon after midnight I was wakened by a sound in the air, like a shriek or wail passing over the valley; afterward came short sudden gusts, succeeded by hollow intervals of calm. Breathless I listened; all was confused, inharmonious, dissonant. The Spirits of Air seemed to be in revolt; high in the heavens the light wind and hoarse tempest strove; there were voices in complaint-moaning, angry vociferation. Beneath, a sullen, far-off roar caused the earth to tremble. I covered my head to shut out all sense and compel oblivion. In vain! As faint dawn glimmered in the east, a heavy blast swirled down from the north with a force that shook our building and chilled us to the bone. In a few moments came a hot wind from the opposite direction; the air was filled with dust and at the same time an unusual dampness and a saline odor.

We approached the broad window; one glance upward, and we shrank aghast from the appalling sky. Around the cramped, distorted horizon a lurid haze had settled; over this crawled a rack of tawny vapor, and high above was a dome of black clouds, like great rocks rolling in the sky. Yet no wind now stirred the leaves, a painful stillness filled the air.

Suddenly the bed of the river filled with water; whence it came none could discover. The people rushed to the shore, anxious to welcome the element of which they had so long been deprived; they dipped their vessels in the stream and applied them to their lips, but started back in dismay, crying,-
"The water is salt! Whence comes it? There is no sea near!"
One moment of fearful speculation, and by a common impulse all eyes turned to the north, whence had come the chill blast and terrene shudder.

O site of terror, before which even the heart of a Deva must quail! Entirely across the entrance of the valley, crowding the very mountain-tops, appeared a mighty wall, tottering, crashing, falling, pressed forward by some invisible power.

Upon its awful front, in confusion which dazed the site, were borne trees and timber, fragments of buildings, earth, rocks, and mutilated bodies of animals and creatures of the sea; but most dreadful of all, tossed in uncertain motion, were the ghastly corpsed of dead men and women. Beyond and above, heaped against the lowering sky, were seen on-coming, cold, angry seas, raging breakers, monster water-spouts clutching the clouds and roaring as if all the waters of the world were dashed together in the frenzy of destruction. With piercing skrieks the crowd turned to flee, but lo! another horror, -another flood hung above the city, borne onward from the south,-the Oceans of Death were closing above the valley."

top topics

join