It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joining the Australian Military!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Well,

basically I want some of you guys opinions...Australian, and American / British alike..

I am joining the Australian army soon, and seeing as I myself am somewhat of a conspiracy theorist,,i kinda wanted to know what some of you guys thought about that...

I mean someone who doesn't trust the government/politicians etc..
as myself..

I feel somewhat that by me joining I will secure my own future were something really big to go down, IE people being sent to detention camps, martial law etc etc...

I know some of you would say that this is a bad idea and what not..

But for people actually in the military..what is it like, is it worth it /

Is it all it's cracked up to be ??

Let me know your thoughts!

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Nothing wrong with being in the military while not trusting your government or politicans. MOF I would say the military is one of the best places to to affect positive change. Good luck to you.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Hey man, there's nothing wrong with joining our Army as long as you plan to do the right things as a Soldier.

About it being a secure life decision in the event of the SHTF.. that may be true but don't forget that you would have to order citizens to do what it is you joined the military to avoid.

edit: There's an Aussie army forum somewhere I believe, you should sign up there and read some posts to see what it is like in the military. As far as I'm aware, our military is mostly sent to places to help with rebuilding after disasters - not shooting people. Peace-keeping missions are the usual priority. You'll be a Bible missionary with an automatic rifle pretty much.

[edit on 3/10/09 by Nventual]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Put yourself in position to do right, not wrong.

top topics

join