It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad revealed to have Jewish past

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   

A photograph of the Iranian president holding up his identity card during elections in March 2008 clearly shows his family has Jewish roots.

"He has changed his name for religious reasons, or at least his parents had," said the Iranian-born Jew living in London. "Sabourjian is well known Jewish name in Iran."

www.telegraph.co.uk...
Those are interesting times indeed. If this is correct - i do not know what to say, actually.
It would explain why he attacks Israel much more then his predecessors ever did. Also Jews in Iran are discriminated minority, but no violent actions against them are taken despite tough rethorics. However i know that there are "analysts" who claim that person is a Jew only because one is rich and with strange family name.
Anyway - i think it is certainly worth a discussion, with all the cries of war and tension in the area.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

Starred and flagged. How very interesting... I hope I can find out more about this. Why hasn't the MSM thought to mention or investigate this? If it was Michael Jackson they'd be all over it. Seems noteworthy at the very least.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
So he was four when his last name was changed....it would be interesting to learn the dynamics of his household at the time. Was there a lot of family turmoil going on in the home at that time? Could this have been a traumatic and embarrasing experience for little Mahmoud? I'd love to hear a psychologists take on this.
[edit on 10/3/2009 by MissSmartypants]

[edit on 10/3/2009 by MissSmartypants]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Why do they say he's anti Jewish when he's really anti-Zionist, anti Israel?

The statements he's made in the past were overblown or modified 'in translation' to make it seem like he's anti Jewish when he's simply against the state of Israel which he thinks is racist.

Interesting note from the article:

A spokesman for the Israeli embassy in London said it would not be drawn on Mr Ahmadinejad's background. "It's not something we'd talk about," said Ron Gidor, a spokesman.

Of course it's something they wouldn't want to talk about- it conflicts with their message that Ahmadinejad is rabidly anti-Jewish when it's obvious he had an Jewish history that Ahmadinejad even went so far to display it in full view in a photo.

I feel sorry for Iran, they're struggling to survive with three religious lunatics- the Radical Muslims, Jews and Christians.

[edit on 3-10-2009 by star in a jar]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by MissSmartypants
Why hasn't the MSM thought to mention or investigate this?

Is that a legitimate question?

Because the mainstream media is not your friend. It's propaganda that's beamed to the flashing box in your house and is designed to make you an obedient little sheep, predictable and docile in every way.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar
Why do they say he's anti Jewish when he's really anti-Zionist, anti Israel?

Because for many people here and elsewhere it is really difficult to tell the difference. Some people really do hate Israel, but have no issues with the Jewish religion. Others (many?) simply hide behind those comments to mask a prejudice they don't have the cojones to admit.

Really, isn't this exactly the same argument used by those that say anyone that criticizes obama is a racist? If the answer is NO, NO, NO on the Jewish question, perhaps it is the same answer on obama.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
He's obviously being very secretive about it, what with proudly displaying that document to the Iranian media and all, with all those people around.

He's crafty like that.

Just like telling the IAEA about his new nuclear facility a week before Obama called him out on it. He KNEW Obama was going to call that press conference, so he did it so that he would look like he had nothing to hide.

Crafty, I tells ya.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Yeah it's like Hitler not having blue eyes and blonde hair etc. But anyway, Ahmadi is not in charge over there, he's just a puppet. And they are having a hard time staying in control, so I doubt any real and meaningful discussions can happen with the west.

So is anyone really surprised that another nutjob is a hypocrite? I'm not.... most of them, if not all, are hypocrites & stupid.

We're all descended from the same original human genome anyway on Earth. So we're all probably part Jewish, part Muslim etc, maybe not 1 or 2 generations back, but if the family tree goes back several gens then it's surprising at what you find!

[edit on 3-10-2009 by john124]

top topics

join