It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran vs Israel: What The Media Wants You To Forget

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I don't know what I'll do when the US invades Iran, or Israel pulls a "Shock and Awe".

I'm too bitter now, and so too are many people across the globe. I won't sit idly by as the US-UK-Israel Empire rapes and pillages another sovereign nation in the name of freedom. I won't just sit here and take it, neither will many other people.

Be prepared for an uprising soon.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I think the OP is forgetting something important. Israel has never threatened to wipe out any country or group of people.

Unfortunately, Iran - specifically Ahmedinejad - has threatened to wipe Israel off the face of the earth. Aside from threatening this, he has also stated on numerous occasions that doing this would be a good thing.

I don't care what else is going on. A country that threatens the existence of another is not a good candidate for nuclear capabilities, regardless of how "peaceful" they claim to be.

Iran is not only developing nuclear weapons, it is also developing the missiles to deliver them. Right now Iran has the capability of sending a missile to Israel. If they manage to get a nuclear weapon small enough (not a simple task, BTW), they could nuke Israel. Iran has frequently expressed a desire to do that exact thing, so really you'll asking for trouble if you stand by and let Iran continue its aggression.

Aside from all that, Iran has gladly shared its military resources with known terror groups. This, too, is not such a good idea. True, most of that winds up being used against Israel and not the US, but that could easily change.

If Iran winds up with plutonium, they will no doubt gladly share it with some mujihaddin who will seek to go to Allah by blowing himself up with the nuclear material, using conventional explosives. A little plutonium goes a long, long way and could render a city uninhabitable for hundreds of years. You don't need to make an atom bomb, to make a nuclear weapon. All you need is some radioactive material and a way of dispersing it throughout the air. Instant Chernobyl.

So yeah, maybe Israel has a bomb and maybe it's against International Law. But they haven't done anything to hurt anyone with it, if they even have it. They haven't threatened to annihilate a country or a people. They haven't sold it to terrorists. I'd trust them way before I'd trust Iran.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   
A two-state solution seems like the only realistic way to achieve peace in the ME. The problem is how Jerusalem will be divided.

Those of you advocating for Israel to give up all its land are being unreasonable. There are many holy Islamic sites throughout the ME that are exclusively theirs and are not contested. The number of countries surrounding the State of Israel that COULD provide refuge and support for the Palestinians is mind boggling. I still find it fascinating that people ignore these facts and just want Israel to make all the sacrifices and concessions.

This does not justify Israeli ignoring UN resolutions and demanding other countries cannot have nukes when they do themselves.

If you truly care about the plight faced by Palestinians, you should be voicing your opinion not only towards Israel's mistreatment of them, but the INACTION of other countries nearby that could help them. Take a look at a map of the size of Israel and the size of the countries around it. Not one showing the size of land within the country, but the staggeringly large size of countries around the very small country that is today Israel.

It comes down to this: do you care more for the welfare of Palestinians and peace and stability in the ME, or more for the punishment of Israel and its eventual extinction? Until compassion for one type of people prevails over the hate you feel for another, there will be many more lives lost fighting over this tiny piece of land.

[edit on 3/10/2009 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Curio
If we had a UN Security Council that actually worked, we might get somewhere. As it is; the US will always veto anything that is aimed at Israel, and Russia will usually come down on the side of Iran. There should not be permanent, veto-wielding, members of the Security Council at all. How is anything supposed to be resolved when the veto-wielders are the big power players? It would be like having a trial where the judge is friends with the accused and the jury are buddies with the defense.

Although I agree with the points in the OP, Iran are not blameless. They clearly know how to work the IAEA and they did lie for nearly 20 years before being busted. I can pretty much guarantee they're not being 100% transparent about their nuclear work. I'm convinced they're trying to emulate North Korea - and who can blame them, really?

So yeah, we're probably on the way to more hostilities in the Middle East - with the UN being played by both sides as usual.
i think their trying to emulate Israel,i am shore anyone would try and protect their family from someone who keeps saying they want to attack you because you started building defenses against them,Israel should be made to play the game as well.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
reply to post by Phedreus

I knew it wouldn't take long.

I'm not the only one who sees it right? I'm not alone in thinking the Israeli government have an entire army of propaganda merchants on the internet?

It looks like many of them are volunteers.

They call themselves the 'jewish internet defense force'

Oh Man.... Desperation on the cusp of madness.

I wonder if this thread has been posted on their site...

[edit on 3-10-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

It certainly won't be surprising if they have, I have come across many people here who share similar views to them and are quick to point anyone anti-semite or anti-jew if you criticise Israeli's policy/govt. It's a personal example, only yesterday I said Israely lobby(in D.C) is wrong and behind anti-Obama propoganda for eg. Orly Taitz and the conservate who is opposing Health Care Reform and I was quickly termed an anti-jew.

This was my post - www.abovetopsecret.com...

and here is the reply to it calling me anti-jew: www.abovetopsecret.com...

and here another one spewing the same false acclaims: www.abovetopsecret.com...

So, it is definnately not a surprise if U.N & Red Cross, IAEA and International Criminal Court is termed as biased and anti-semite. It has become a joke now and noone cares.

[edit on 3-10-2009 by December_Rain]

[edit on 3-10-2009 by December_Rain]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by fraterormus

What many people don't realize is that Israel has a larger nuclear arsenal than the United States, the Russian Commonwealth of States, and China combined!

Whaaaat???

Where the hell did this come from??

Are you trying to tell me that Israel has over 50,000 nukes??

Where did they get the infrastructure for this? Where is it housed?

What delivery methods?

I am sorry man. I have to disagree. The evidence (what little there is) clearly shows Israel has more like 25 to 250 nukes TOPS!

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sundancer

Israel wants to send your kids off to die in Iran, and YOU are the only one that can stop them.

Sadly it appears that Israel will send our children off to war because the government we sign the pay checks for jump to their every whine er, I mean whim.

Great post, star and flag.
I vote you no longer get to use stupid language like "WILL SEND OUR CHILDREN" after the fifth anniversary of that not happening. Since I have heard this crap for at LEAST the past 8 years let it go.... let it go..

[edit on 3-10-2009 by shug7272]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Ahmadinejad: Western media 'weapon of subterfuge'

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad says corporate media has turned into a weapon of subterfuge, with the sole aim of advancing the West's political agenda.

In a Saturday address to the Islamic Radio and TV Union Assembly, Ahmadinejad cited random examples of political bias in US and European media outlets.

As a first example of biased reporting in the West, Ahmadinejad pointed to the scant media coverage of Israel's three-week attack on Gaza, which killed over 1500 Palestinians mostly women and children, earlier in the year.

“Israelis easily used thousands of bombs against the defenseless population of Gaza Strip, who were stripped of medicine and their most essential needs. Now, eight months have passed and we see that the event has been already sunk into oblivion.”

Ahmadinejad said criticism of Israel and its actions has become 'off limits' in American and European media.

Then, Ahmadinejad turned to the sheer lack of media attention to the brutal murder of Marwa el-Sherbini, a pregnant Egyptian woman who was stabbed to death in a German courtroom while the whole jury and court officials stood by and watched.

Last but not least, Ahmadinejad pointed to the recent media hype over Iran's second nuclear enrichment plant. “In the past few days, we saw Western media outlets repeating false accusations against Iran's nuclear issue.”

“This is how the Western media works. First they
>distort facts and fabricate news. Then they incessantly repeat their false allegations, just to make sure that it is forever etched on the minds of people,” he said.

“[US President Barack Obama] made a huge mistake when he accused Iran of secrecy and gave rise to the recent torrent of false reports,” said President Ahmadinejad.

Referring to the sudden commotion over the newly-revealed Fordu nuclear facility in southern Tehran, President Ahmadinejad said Iran has always kept the IAEA posted on its enrichment work in line with its policy of transparency.

“Our activities are entirely based on honesty and transparency. There are no secrets between us and the IAEA whatsoever,” he noted.

Ahmadinejad warned that the mainstream media in the West has grown to become more dangerous and more threatening than any chemical or nuclear weapons.

“The media campaign has turned into a full-fledged war. I believe the West's abundant arsenals of chemical and nuclear weapons are there to deceive and intimidate,” he said.

According to President Ahmadinejad, unbiased media does not exist in the West. “Claims of freedom of press are all lies, each and every one of the western media outlets serve the interests and policies of their states,” he said.

“When I was in New York for the General Assembly, I was interviewed by several news networks, all of which asked the exact same set of questions,” he said.

“I asked them how can you call yourself an independent media, when all the questions you are asking me have been clearly dictated by your governments. Which one of these questions are posed in the interest of your people?” he noted.

President Ahmadinejad said Iran's mission today is not limited to spreading information. Our main responsibility today is to defend humanity and to create a global culture in support of the oppressed people, he explained.

www.presstv.ir...

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phedreus
As far as I am concerned, the US should be standing shoulder to shoulder with Israel and see to it that Israel's borders expand to their original biblical geography.

As far as " I " am concerned the U.S. should let Israel and Iran and every other nation fight it out themselves.
Why Should We ( The U.S. ) send our Children to die for Israel? And you can take your Bible and shove it where the sun don't shine.
You want to take back a Country that your Think belongs to you, go for it leave the U.S. out of it!!!!!!!!

[edit on 3-10-2009 by Iseekthetruth!!!!!!!!]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

Well said Dark Ghost!

The dirty little secret of the Middle East is that the ongoing "war" between the Israeli and the Palestinian people is very good for business (the merchants of death are laughing their asses off) and it helps to disguise the fact that many ME regimes/dynasties are otherwise totally incompetent. If people woke up to that reality we'd have a civil war in Saudi Arabia by tomorrow afternoon.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Phedreus

Just curious, do you also think that Israel is the God chosen nation?

[edit on 3-10-2009 by Nichiren]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

Are you telling me he never meant to say that? Are you protecting that lying SOB? Here is another quote of his about the killings of innocent protesters in Tehran:

“The government has no role in these events … Undoubtedly, some foreign governments had a role to play in it … It is all very regrettable … Some European and American politicians took a wrong position and basically helped that happen.”

source: blog.taragana.com...

That's from an interview with AP. But it's probably just a bad translation (in your world).

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Some of you need to stop lying and promoting things that aren't true. Ahmadinejad and/or Iran NEVER said or called for Israel to be "wiped off the map."

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by EMPIRE
Some of you need to stop lying and promoting things that aren't true. Ahmadinejad and/or Iran NEVER said or called for Israel to be "wiped off the map."

Don't waste your energy Empire. Their handlers already put it into motion and once the propaganda train reaches full speed, it absolutely cannot be stopped.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

Could you please tell me what is his attitude/statement regarding the state of Israel? I'm happy to stand corrected and learn.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nichiren
reply to post by EMPIRE

Could you please tell me what is his attitude/statement regarding the state of Israel? I'm happy to stand corrected and learn.

Go to the following link and read it.

www.mohammadmossadegh.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I often hear the argument that it's about: "Israel's struggle for survival."

If this is the case, and hypothetically speaking.. "All Muslims and all nations of Islam want to destroy Israel.. etc, blah blah." Why haven't they done so? Only the "Gaza conflict" persists, and the Palestinians are not a force, they are a people. Just like Iraq isn't a force, but the US continues to "fight" (and I use the term 'fight' loosely..) the insurgency. The insurgency is mostly comprised of individuals and groups of individuals whose families have been killed, their homes destroyed and their lives as they know it halted, with no progress in sight. You also have your random "foreign agent insurgent", but this is true of all wars and is not symbolic of a "Unified Islam". Please look into any war in all of history and witness how war just becomes a "conflict of interest" and opportunity for any interested, by any means. Not all combatants against Rome were literally against Rome, or unified with Rome's common enemy, as an example.

So.. As the years pass with Iraq's "Shock and Awe" campaign in clear memory, we are starting to engage into another campaign against Iran. It is virtually identical to propaganda we saw with Iraq, how the Iraqi regime was "a shadowy government" and they were hiding weapons of mass destruction everywhere. This is the reason we went to war, because we "believed Iraq to be dangerous", so we attacked them to halt their supposed war-interests to protect the peace and prosperity of the western world.

Where did that get us? Peace-wise? ... Didn't get us very far did it? Pretty much made it unbelievably worse I would think. Israel bearing some brunt to this backlash, and rightfully so, considering they fostered such "support" of the action.

How exactly will a preemptive strike against Iran make Israel any safer? How in the world... ? This is backwards logic and will never make sense. Engaging in a war or economic war with Iran, like we did with North Korea, will effectively let the WW3 train depart the station. The middle-east will watch in horror as one of their bastions of prosperity and progress gets raped, pillaged and burned to the ground. These people will undoubtedly not take it in stride. The middle-east didn't like the attack on Iraq very much, but Iraq wasn't very liked by the region to begin with. This is not the case with Iran, at all.

The entire western world will suffer extreme consequences, especially Israel. Frankly, the entire world will suffer, especially the middle-east.

So, I don't see how this is anything other than a blood-lust crusade. Any rational being would see this as such. The entire world will be plunged into terror, in the name of peace and freedom.... again.

Woe is the world as we know it.

All those in support of a strike on Iran are quite despicable and you blacken your hearts and souls forever. If you don't believe in a soul, then you are just a despicable human-being, and deserve no such comfort or safety when you wish such destruction on the world. You reap what you sow.

(Edit: For clarification, I'm not calling anyone a despicable person for "not believing in souls". Sorry if that makes it seem as if I'm criticizing those who don't believe in such a thing. War-mongers are despicable. .. There.)

[edit on 4-10-2009 by SyphonX]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

Thank you Empire. I didn't know the verbatim statement. But, here is the problem with it. The Israeli government was officially elected. You may feel one way or another about that, but it was legitimately voted in. So Ahmadinejad's statement still boils down to the same thing. How can you remove the government without removing all the people that voted for it?

[edit on 4-10-2009 by Nichiren]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join