It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arson in South Korea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2003 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Just watching the news and Breaking News thingy came up stating that a fire in the Subway in S.Korea has been caused by an Arsonist!!!

More than two hundred people are feared dead and another 100 people are feared still trapped further in the tunnel.

The arsonist has been captured by the authorities and is being questioned in the police station.

For some really bad reason, i think this could be related to the N.Koreans?

Here is the link for more information:

www.sky.com/news

posted on Feb, 18 2003 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I think that's an assumption we'll all jump to but hopefully we'll take a step back and wait for more info before coming to any conclusions.

This incident as well as being tragic and horrific is just a bit too close to the bone at this moment in time.

posted on Feb, 18 2003 @ 08:38 AM
link   
True!

I'm just a bit on the jumpy side the now with all these preparations that my work is doing and me liasoning with the army and navy in rosyth doesn't help!

Lets just pray that it was just some sick act of someone who is mentally unstable!

posted on Feb, 18 2003 @ 03:10 PM
link   
This belongs in chit chat, not PA. But yea, stupid terrorists. But it bothers me, can't call em towelheads since they ain't arabs. Ok, how bout rice bags? Doesn't really matter, this hurts SK, and I believe if not NK at fault than a NK sympathiser(sp is wrong, I know, but I can't spell right now, don't knw why though)

posted on Feb, 18 2003 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Hey Raven!!

The last I heard, they were talking over 160 dead so far, with scores hurt and wounded... apparently when this guy lit the train up, it disabled the electrical system and trapped a lot of people inside... being in an enclosed area, I think most of them died from asphyxiation.

Yes, given the current situation with North Korea, it is easy to jump to that conclusion, esp if this turns out to be a crazy guy.... however, remember in the 80s when North Koreans intelligence blew up a KAL flight in mid air???? This is very much within thier means and within thier reasoning to attempt something like this, if nothing else, to goad South Korea and the US into doing something they can claim is agression.

posted on Feb, 19 2003 @ 12:19 AM
link   
the n. koreans are probably responsible if not someone who wants s. korea to have hammer and sickle over a hamburger. chances are the person was insane, probably an anti-gov person of a part of a rebel group or something. it's really sad that innocents should die in the conflicts of the powerful. my prayers go out to the victims or something. i hope that dude is castrated vatican style

top topics

join