It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those Stinking Homeless Should Go Get Jobs!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
In the words of Tupac Amaru Shakur "They got money for wars but can't feed the poor.". Says it all. Nobody in this country in this day and age should be homeless unless it is their choice.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
the ever growing number of homeless will be between a rock & a hard place when the Obama healthcare option takes effect...

it's like this.... persons, including families not having healthcare
or not joining into the healthcare option proposed by Obama
will face a $1,500. fine for not having either a company sponsered
health care--- a medicaid card --- or have opted for the public option.

just where are they going to house or fine all these homeless/indigents

? throw them in what ammounts to a 'debtors prison'
because they broke the law by not being covered with health insurance ?

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TIndalos

Spiritual eyes, my friend. Some things don't change no matter how skewed this world gets. Take Cheney for a second, do you really think Somebody sat down and went, "Today, I think I'll make a total jerk!" and started rubbing human clay together between His hands? Umm, try No!

Cheney still is what he is, except that by now he's a lo-o-ong way from home and has made himself forget it. He's defending a position that's not really his. But he's been defending it so long anyway that now he's convinced of it regardless.

so if he defends it, and is convinced of it, and lives his life believing whatever his position is, does that not define it as his position? I suppose since it's not your position then it must not be a true position at all. Look I'm sure cheney was a sweet lil baby laying in his crib, but back then he thought it was ok to crap him self and suckle his mamas teat too, he grew out of it, he changed.

Did you ever notice that your conscience and your intuition are the same thing? We call it by two different names in our society. But deafen yourself to one, and you've managed to deafen yourself to the other. Call it a word to the wiseguy.

did you ever notice that consciousness is everything?

you're really gonna rawk when your balls finally drop.

way past puberty chief. don't assume so much.

-clicks Ignore-

If you can't take heat...get outta the kitchen.

Say goodnight, flamebait.

You bring the flames

I douse with Liquid

Nothing left but

Smoke

Goodnight.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Nichiren

You have fired the bullet and it will hit you dead center. Maybe not in this life, but you will experience what you so despise. Karma is physics.

Karma was addressed pages ago, and what exactly are the karmic repercussions for posting opinions of homeless people and how they got be so on a web forum?

I will give you a quarter when I see you on the street next time. Empathy

and I'll say.."WTF man, only a quarter? I can't get anything with this, gimme some real cash. For love." It's true I'll totally say that...it's the standard response.

It's also true that I was walking downtown yesterday and a homeless guy was asking everyone who walked past him to "spare a dollar for love?"

Yeah love.....

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Huey Adinasi

Nobody in this country in this day and age should be homeless unless it is their choice.

exactly and in most cases, it is their choice.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by liquidsmoke206

Seems like every time I hit the Big City for my weekly provision run,I run into or hear about another old friend down on his/her luck.Latest was kicked out from his apt. when he split up with his cheating GF. Somewhat incoherent,he told his tale of woe.The best I could gather was it was his place and she screwed him out of a lot more than just that.After wrecking his car.Not sure what he did,but he was looking prosperous enough before.Now he has no idea how to survive,so he's drinking and begging change.He's lost it,does this make him a loser?Winter is well nigh upon us.How'd he chose this?Hint:he didn't.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by trueforger

I don't know the dude you're referring to. Can't say if it's a case of bad luck or poor judgment, or something else on his part.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Poor judgement=he trusted the GF,let her move in.paid the bills for them.Shoulda listened to her ex.'Love' is blind.Terrible economy.Access to alcohol.He drinks.Now.

He was ground swiped and has little coping skills.He was depending on the 'system' and when his comp ran out she gave him the boot.He claims his name is still on the lease,in her mother's house.But he's devastated,can't stand to see her.She put all his stuff on the kerb and in the morning it was all gone.Someone scored.Ya he's weak,I can hear you think,but not worthy of survival?Winter is about on us,eh?You ever starve?Froze?I have.Been hearing of deaths among my old circle,his chances are not good.There's no way he,or most people I know,could cope with my living situation.I'd offer,but he'd have to carry his weight,not mope around and whine about having to go back to the city,etc.Been there,done that.Out here there are no safety nets.If I were to suffer a major injury with the chainsaw,I'd be found not rescued.I am choosing to live way out on this edge,I have to have distance to practice my noisy dirty trade away from the yup's who have infested the area and complain about the farmers and all that stinky poo.It might dirty their bikes and ex-pandex.PS what is liquid smoke anyway?

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   

sounds like you're friend has it pretty rough, but it sounds like he's made some stupid mistakes too, and hasn't tried to hard better his situation.

I'm sure it's a crime for her to leave all his stuff on the curb, and if his name is still on the lease I'm sure he should have access to his house. But even you admit that you wouldn't help him, he'd just mope around drinking all day. It seems to me that it's not the events of his life that have made him homeless, it's his complete inability to avoid/handle those events. Sorry bro, yer buddy seems like a total loser, and I'm with you, I can't help somebody who can't help themselves...

Liquidsmoke is just my handle for this site.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Ya talk about bad ideas,he nursed a diabetic cat along for years,giving her shots and eating HUGE vet bills.It's dead of course.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   

a lot of people would say thats very compassionate, and commend him. I'll just say.....you can't fix stupid.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Yup I just hadda give an old dog a couple ''Love taps",Walther PPK .380,sez," Bye Bye."Still itsa hard lesson to learn with no slack.Luck of the draw perhaps.I'm looking into Chinese astrology myself and it is illuminating relationships for me for sure.Especially the problem ones.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
There's enough abandoned buildings, and its not over hard to get basic utilities up and running , ower, water, or rig them up.

went 'homeless' for a year right after high school, squatted in an old abandoned highschool, got the power running enough for lights, water was still on, and clean, got the toilets going even, survived a new york winter fairly comfortable, eventually went back home, and went to college, my goal was pretty much a year of this, but main point, it doesn't take too much effort

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Gren

Ya well when yer young and dumb and got a safety net,maybe.How's about old and sick and been screwed out of all you worked for all your life.Apples to oranges,mate.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Tesla
I think homeless people are just lazy or stupid. in either case it is their own fault. No one forced them to become homeless. They chose it.

My friend fell upon some hard times and is currently living with friends or occasionally with me. So if your homeless what kind of piece of dirt must you have been that not even friends or family are willing to take care of you?

Like jd said. if they want jobs they can get them

The community, I am originally from,it's main employer is the auto
industry.They have had serious cutbacks and layoffs.In summer 2008,
three levees broke and flooded a large portion of the town.A lot of the
businesses went belly up after this.A lot of homes were flood damaged,
including my own house.I rented my house out and was glad it was empty
when the levees broke.With the loss of jobs and a housing shortage,more people will become homeless.
FEMA IS A JOKE.I had to fill out paperwork,but I knew I was wasting my time.I remember what happened after Katrina,no help from FEMA.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Some posters are forgetting a simple but crucial fact - there are people who can rely on family and friends to tide them over.

Adults whose parents own their own home and would let them move back in until they could get over the bad financial circumstances that saw them go from bad to worse. Friends who can supply information and connections. These don't have to be the connections of the upper middle and wealthy etc. Just someone who can give you a paycheck doing a job that you might not want to do permanently but which will get you over the rough times.

Not all but many people who end up doing it really rough don't have social capital. They don't have the networks to gain info about employment opps etc. When I was in college I envied classmates who were doing part time mail sorting jobs. Easy job, easy money. The jobs weren't ever advertised. You knew somebody, you got in.

By contrast I was working crap jobs like burger chains, and one of em was just dangerous. I got that job because very few people wanted to work those hours in that part of town. I didn't have alternatives then.

In times like this what chance do a lot of people have if they don't have that social capital? The route from down on your luck to homeless is much shorter now. Yeah, bad life decisions can be made but sometimes bad luck hits you like a torrent and it happens at once. In these times when thousands are lining up for crap jobs that once few wanted to do or when college graduates are trying for jobs that they are way over qualified for, that's a warning sign right there.

Some people lost their jobs because their company just can't afford all their employees. Are these people irresponsible because they were told they had job security and went out and got themselves a mortgage because they wanted the security of eventually owning? Credit's a fact of life and cars are one thing that most people need credit to buy.

As for the comment about there's something wrong with you if you don't have family or friends you can move in with etc - you're making a lot of assumptions about people's financial ability and living conditions to have another person or two or more in your home. Some people don't want to impose especially if the family or friends themselves are struggling.

Re the lady who posted above me - Katrina showed just what priorities are when govts set the agenda. Katrina didn't have to happen, bulwarks against the problematic weather around there should have been in place, proper use of resources for maximum protection etc. Instead what we got in the aftermath was spin about how people shouldn't have lived there, how they should have just got in their cars (great if you own one) and driven away.

All about shifting the blame on to the people and absolving the powers responsible.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by dontbelievehype]

[edit on 15-10-2009 by dontbelievehype]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by dontbelievehype

They don't have the networks to gain info about employment opps etc.

There are organizations that will help you if you want it. and the bums I'm talking about have great social networks, they know where to find drugs, or where someone is who owes them something, or who just got arrested and who they are likely to come after next.

In these times when thousands are lining up for crap jobs that once few wanted to do or when college graduates are trying for jobs that they are way over qualified for, that's a warning sign right there.

The bums around here are def not lining up for jobs.

Are these people irresponsible because they were told they had job security and went out and got themselves a mortgage because they wanted the security of eventually owning? Credit's a fact of life and cars are one thing that most people need credit to buy.

I saw a lot of people buying houses back in 2001 2002 2003 and I thought, how is this person able to afford this? Common sense told this wasn't gonna work. I certainly wasn't an expert economics or real estate sales, but when I saw everyone buying houses I knew something had to give. It's the same thing with cars...you should buy what you can afford, live within your means. So yeah i think their was a lot of irresponsibility on the buyers part. Obviously that doesn't mean everyone who's lost a home.

Katrina showed just what priorities are when govts set the agenda. Katrina didn't have to happen, bulwarks against the problematic weather around there should have been in place, proper use of resources for maximum protection etc. Instead what we got in the aftermath was spin about how people shouldn't have lived there, how they should have just got in their cars (great if you own one) and driven away.

I don't remember a lot of that kind of spin...it was more about how much of a complete failure bush and brownie were. People were pissed at the government and FEMA more than anything. On that topic, there was a huge landslide in washington state recently that covered a road or two and even rerouted a river. Residents have been very impressed with the response of the government to get out there and clear roads, and clean up.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
One day I was happily married and employed. Savings kept at home by myself and dear wife.Two weeks later I was single, jobless, vehicle less and homeless. I don't have any family and have never really had many friends. My new roomates on the streets had a few different varieties to enjoy.
I will be the first to tell you that many are just scumbags. 99% of those are the asswipes you see begging. Some simply have medical issues and have fallen through the cracks. A few live that way by choice. And a few of us just ended up there by just bad luck. Without and address and a phone you do not exist to employment agencies. The gestapo generally make a #ty existance even more stressfull. I will assure you that once you are at that wonderful level that the system makes it very difficult to get above it. In this #ty economy I can't even imagine. It took me 8 months of living like and animal and being a virtual rent a slave to get out of it. I never begged and I never took a handout. Trust me... That poor bastard on the corner could be you.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by KSPigpen

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3ca2c7fc3226.jpg[/atsimg]

Especially Ironic with the Obama 'Hope' poster - the picture title should be HOPE FAILED due to electing an incompetent. To survive this, a competent manager needs to replace him.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

Well atleast in their society they look out for eachother and do not steal from eachother.

Saying that, they rarely steal unless it is for attention to get help. They therefor have the moral high ground of not having greed.

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join