It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those Stinking Homeless Should Go Get Jobs!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
By the way, the whole "with hat in hand, ask for a bit of food" you see in the movies .. never happens. The vast majority of homeless people are addicted to some type of drug. Have you EVER been asked by a panhandler for a bit of food? The last time I offered a panhandler some food he looked at me like I was from Mars. The only real solution is to get them off drugs .. good luck, and don't even think about spending my money on it.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Without knowing the true cause no one can find a permanent remedy

Unfortunately, this was Bush's doing, you can't blame Obama for this. You can blame him when he fails to act though, which is the case. The government can afford to give billions to banks and businesses in the pathetic "hope" that it'll trickle down, but they cant afford to do anything about this? Sorry, just not buying it.

Wrong it goes back a lot further than that. Actually you can not blame a single President See: Feudalism aka American Capitalism

Remember the roaring twenties lead to the great depression of the 1930's??? Well we have just had an instant replay. It worked so well for the bankers the first time that they did it again!

SECRETS OF THE FEDERAL RESERVE gives a detailed account of how the bankers pulled it off the first time.
quote]
[The Set-up]
The modern bank with the credit facilities it affords, gives an opportunity which had not previously existed for such operators as Kreuger to make an appearance of abundant capital by the aid of borrowed capital. This enables the speculator to buy securities with securities. The only limit to the amount he can corner is the amount to which the banks will back him, and, if a speculator is being promoted by a reputable banking house, as Kreuger was promoted by Lee Higginson Company, the only way he could be stopped would be by an investigation of his actual financial resources, which in Kreuger’s case would have proved to be nil.

[Bankers pull the rug out]
Curtis B. Dall, who was a broker on Wall Street at that time, writes of the Crash, "Actually it was the calculated ‘shearing’ of the public by the World Money-Powers, triggered by the planned sudden shortage of the supply of call money in the New York money market."90 Overnight, the Federal Reserve System had raised the call rate to twenty percent. Unable to meet this rate, the speculators’ only alternative was to jump out of windows.

The New York Federal Reserve Bank rate, which dictated the national interest rate, went to six percent on November 1, 1929. After the investors had been bankrupted, it dropped to one and one-half percent on May 8, 1931. Congressman Wright Patman in "A Primer On Money", says that the money supply decreased by eight billion dollars from 1929 to 1933, causing 11,630 banks of the total of 26,401 in the United States to go bankrupt and close their doors.

The Federal Reserve Board had already warned the stockholders of the Federal Reserve Banks to get out of the Market, on February 6, 1929, but it had not bothered to say anything to the rest of the people. Nobody knew what was going on except the Wall Street bankers who were running the show.

[the Bankers come out the winners]
During this depression, the trust operators achieved further control by their backing of three international swindlers, The Van Sweringen brothers, Samuel Insull, and Ivar Kreuger. These men pyramided billions of dollars worth of securities to fantastic heights. The bankers who promoted them and floated their stock issue could have stopped them at any time, by calling loans of less than a million dollars, but they let these men go on until they had incorporated many industrial and financial properties into holding companies, which the banks then took over for nothing
SECRETS OF THE FEDERAL RESERVE

The eighties saw three regulatory factors combine to cause the Hostile takeover craze in the eighties.

* the Reagan administration's laissez-faire policies on antitrust and securities laws, allowing mergers the government would have challenged in earlier years
* the 1982 Supreme Court decision striking down state antitakeover laws
* deregulation of many industries, which prompted restructurings and mergers

"The main economic factor was the development of the original-issue high-yield debt instrument. The so-called "junk bond" innovation, pioneered by Michael Milken of Drexel Burnham, provided many hostile bidders and LBO firms with the enormous amounts of capital needed to finance multi-billion-dollar deals." Link

Decent well funded, well run American companies were the target of the "leveraged - buyout" feeding frenzy in the eighties and nineties. Many were torn apart and shipped over seas because they were worth more in pieces than as a whole. Others after a hostile takeover went from no debt to such high debt the companies were forced to become "lean and mean" More changes in the laws allowed companies to import foreigners to replace Americans. To add insult to injury the Americans have to TRAIN their foreign replacements.

The final blow was the World Trade Organization (Clinton) and China's membership. The result is America has been quietly sold off piece by piece. A sampling of the industries with over 50% foreign ownership, according to Source Watch www.sourcewatch.org...

* Sound recording industries - 97%
* Commodity contracts dealing and brokerage - 79%
* Motion picture and sound recording industries - 75%
* Metal ore mining - 65%
* Wineries and distilleries - 64%
* Database, directory, Book and other publishers - 63%
* Cement, concrete, lime, and gypsum product - 62%
* Engine, turbine and power transmission equipment - 57%
* Rubber product - 53%
* Nonmetallic mineral product manufacturing - 53%
* Plastics and rubber products manufacturing - 52%
* Other insurance related activities - 51%
* Boiler, tank, and shipping container - 50%
* Glass and glass product - 48%
* Coal mining – 48%

A real eye opener isn't it. But it gets worse. The Department of Homeland Security says 80% of our ports are operated by Foreigners and they are buying and running US bridges and toll roads. www.alabamaeagle.org...

Statistics (courtesy of Bridgewater) showed in 1990,before WTO was ratified, Foreign ownership of U.S. assets amounted to 33% of U.S. GDP. By 2002 this had increased to over 70% of U.S. GDP. www.fame.org...

An analysis of the 2007 financial markets of 48 countries shows the world's finances are in the hands of a few mutual funds, banks, and corporations. This is the first report of global concentration of financial power ..www.insidescience.org...

The “harmonization” www.fda.gov...
of first world agriculture laws with WTO wishes resulted in a massive transfer of land ownership from private to corporate worldwide. But the greedy cartels running the World Trade Organization are not satisfied with part of the cake they want it ALL.

Up for grabs at the negotiating table is worldwide privatization and deregulation of public energy and water utilities, postal services, higher education and state alcohol distribution controls; a new right for foreign firms to obtain U.S. Small Business Administration loans; elimination of a list of specific U.S. state laws about land use, professional licensing and consumer protections, and extreme deregulation of private-sector service industries such as insurance, banking, mutual funds and securities. www.commondreams.org...

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Guidance.Is.Internal

By the way, the whole "with hat in hand, ask for a bit of food" you see in the movies .. never happens.

I'm sorry to have to correct you, Guidance, but it does. I've been on the street for years and have seen it happen countless times. Perhaps your statement was unnecessarily broad?

The vast majority of homeless people are addicted to some type of drug.

In my own experience that's been close to accurate. The majority of the homeless people I know are habitual users. Pot isn't physically addictive, and meth ruins lives but is only habituating. There's a lot of tobacco and booze addicts of all ages in my area, but I don't think that's where you intended to go with that - the same happens with people who are housed. There are a few hard drug addicts on the street in my area, but they're in the minority. Here, the most you usually get is habitual use - usually of various things but seldom an addiction to any one of them. Given the circumstances, that kind of self-medication is generally the only kind of respite or recreation people on the street have. After all, we don't have the option of vegging out in the evenings with prime-time television.

The only real solution is to get them off drugs .. good luck, and don't even think about spending my money on it.

Getting people on the street working again has a definite tendency to re-focus them on goals beyond "finding something to do tonight" (which is a huge symptom of homelessness - psychologically people have a tendency to have their goals shrink to their immediate situation) but getting hired at a traditional job while you're on the street almost never happens, though I've known a few people who've managed it.

I agree that your money shouldn't be spent (against your will, that is) to pull other people out of their social problems. Unfortunately I'm in the distinct minority there, as America run as a democracy means that your money (well, your legal tender actually) will be spent on whatever the majority of people either vote for, or acquiesce to. (And lately they've been acquiescing to practically everything.)

By the same token, I don't think your money should be spent subsidizing a system that creates these very social problems. But if you're like most Americans in this, you acquiesce to it regardless. I don't think you should, but my opinion on what you should or shouldn't do shouldn't encroach upon your freedom to make your own choices. I certainly think that your choices - even to subsidize the system - shouldn't encroach upon my life or anyone else's by creating or exacerbating problems like homelessness, but the system in this country is so enforced by people with superior firepower that my opinion, even if lawful and fair, is disregarded anyway.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
It amuses me how people in this thread have brought up the fact that 'rich people' are squandering their money instead of spending it to help the homeless, and that supposedly means that they are heartless.

If some rich celebrity spends $15M on a flight to the space station, what do you think happens to that money? It doesn't simply vanish so that the homeless will never see it, the money goes to somebody else, who could choose to spend that money on the homeless. That $15M would probably go to several hundred employees of the company, who all have to pay tax on that income.
Now that 10% of this imaginary $15M has been given to the government, what do you think they should do with it? Should they give it all to the homeless, or should they support the 'evil war' with it?

If the tax money gets reallocated to the soldiers instead of the homeless people, what do you think they'll do with that money? Spend it in businesses, who then give some of the money to the government in taxes.

You see, all money in circulation gets recycled through the government at one stage or another.

Despite all the claims of 'tyranny' and 'opression', governments only exist because people give them their power. Economies only exist because people choose to participate in them. If the government gave the money to the bottom of the barrel, to the people least likely to spend the money on something to benefit the society, what would be the ultimate point? A few more houses would be built (maybe), some more wal marts would be opened, and more alcohol would be sold.

It's much easier for the governments (representing our collective consumerist desires) to allocate their funding to protecting themselves, and let the money filter it's way down the economic food chain to the bottom end of society.

The harsh truth of reality is that the current economic system only exists because we don't trust eachother, and we vote in governments who are going to ensure that we feel safe (because we don't trust eachother!).

I feel like Karl Marx here, providing a criticism of the system and no actual solution, meh!

Oh, and here's a lil quote I picked up a while ago, source unknown:
There are three classes of people: The rich who own everything, the working and middle class who work for a living, and the poor, whose sole existence is to keep the middle class working in fear of poverty.

[edit on 5/10/2009 by nrky]

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Guidance.Is.Internal

Why an able-bodied homeless person would live in an urban setting is beyond me. Everything is way too expensive and city dwellers are downright rotten people for the mostpart.

They choose urban settings because they are so populated and there's lots of money around that they can sit and ask for. Stuff being expensive isn't an issue when you're making good money on a street corner. I don't see how city dwellers are anymore rotten than anyone else, but whatever you're entitled to your own hollow opinion with no back up.

Hitch a ride to a small town and get a job as a laborer, work in a gas station, taco bell, whatever. Somebody is always hiring.

I would think small towns would be the last place to look for a job in this economy, but thats not even the issue. You're assuming that the homeless actually want to work. They don't they're perfectly content being scum bags...

If you smell like a bum, hit a public restroom and do a toilet shower. It isn't glamorous but it works.

Or contact any of the numerous programs that CITIES provide that will lend a hand to help you back on you're feet.

If you're absolutely starving, walk up to a farmer's house and respectfully ask if he's in need of work and that you'll work for food.

I don't think any homeless are absolutely starving. People in this thread have this misconception about the homeless. And if you are the rare exception who's homeless and starving, DO NOT go to anyone's house asking for handouts. That's horrible advice. I don't know how I'd react if bums starting knocking on my door, but I bet it wouldn't be pretty.

You can get 5 cans of beans for $3 for f*cks sake.

hey thats three less dollars to spend on drugs and booze, who on the streets settles for canned beans?

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Oh god, I have to laugh at stuff like this.

How is a homeless person going to get a job? Can you imagine showing up to a job interview? Without anything, without even a resume or anything? LOL! Unemployment is so high nowadays that for ALL jobs there is competition and who in their right mind is going to pick a homeless man/woman who doesn't even have a resume or good presentation at the interview when you can pick somebody else?

Even if they DO get a job, what do you expect them to do next? Get a home loan so they can buy a house? They're homeless, they can't get credit, and certainly not in the midst of a credit and real estate crisis. What then? Save up for the house? Apply to rent an apartment or something? LOL, what landlord would EVER approve somebody like that as a tenant?

I think most of you people have no idea what the reality of being homeless is like.

[edit on 5/10/09 by Yazman]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by liquidsmoke206

You're assuming that the homeless actually want to work. They don't they're perfectly content being scum bags...

Why work, when there are class-action lawsuits against slander and defamation of character? With the stuff you're spewing, I bet you could keep me housed and fed for a winter or two at the least.

Honestly, Liquid. If the homeless are scum and nearly everybody in this thread is crazy, according to you - then what are you doing here? Surely there's somewhere where people, in your estimation, aren't insane.

It's not my town, that's for sure. If you pulled this kind of stunt locally the housies would have you arrested for hate crimes, and the kids on the street would put the word out about you and mob your punk a$$.

If you smell like a bum, hit a public restroom and do a toilet shower. It isn't glamorous but it works.

Bathrooms here have gone customers-only.

Or contact any of the numerous programs that CITIES provide that will lend a hand to help you back on you're feet.

Better yet, ask Officer Friendly to direct you to them right? And you complain that it's the homeless who are on drugs?

As cushy as it would be to be homeless in 1950's suburbia, that hasn't been on the map since they blew away JFK. But if you're as ahead of the curve as you seem to be, I don't have to tell you that - you'll find out when they find someone better to serve up those burgers and fries.

And if you are the rare exception who's homeless and starving, DO NOT go to anyone's house asking for handouts. That's horrible advice. I don't know how I'd react if bums starting knocking on my door, but I bet it wouldn't be pretty.

Ya think? We'll see how well you do at making friends when you hit the street. They're gonna love you, boy.

It's great to see that when the country's doing so terribly badly, there's always someone on the next-to-lowest rung on the social ladder willing to extend himself to kick the guy right below him. Not only are you just oozing charisma, winning friends and influencing people, the crowd right below you are just waiting for you to make that one slip that sends you our way. You'll have about as much chance as Dustin Diamond's virginity in a maximum-security prison shower room.

You can get 5 cans of beans for $3 for f*cks sake.

hey thats three less dollars to spend on drugs and booze, who on the streets settles for canned beans?

Particularly when internet trolls are so plentiful. When you're on the street your immune system toughens right up, so I could probably eat something like a troll and the worst all the contaminants in it would do to me is make me see trails.

[edit on 6-10-2009 by TIndalos]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
i get your point and have only come into this thread after seeing the title day after day after day and had gotten sick of seeing it

good thread to get the point across but just hearing the words

"those stinking homeless should go get jobs"

really angers me

im not even homeless or as bad off as them and i understand how hard it is in this world to find a job

especially now that companies do financial background checks

even bowling alleys wont hire you as a cook if you are in too much debt

this world is beginning to suck for those who arent the elite

and even in jest to make a point the words "they should just go get jobs" are asinine and are severely understating and underestimating the graveness of the problem

in my opinion it is also a serious insult to the millions out of work

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by TIndalos

Why work, when there are class-action lawsuits against slander and defamation of character? With the stuff you're spewing, I bet you could keep me housed and fed for a winter or two at the least.

get real. Liquidsmoke tells it like it is. Good luck with your frivolous lawsuit.

Honestly, Liquid. If the homeless are scum and nearly everybody in this thread is crazy, according to you - then what are you doing here? Surely there's somewhere where people, in your estimation, aren't insane.

I'm here stating my position, and defending it. There's no where in my estimation without some level of insanity.

It's not my town, that's for sure. If you pulled this kind of stunt locally the housies would have you arrested for hate crimes, and the kids on the street would put the word out about you and mob your punk a$$.

Right, as I've stated repeatedly, I am speaking for my own environment. It's not surprising that the housies(homeless?) would have me arrested for hate crimes. That's exactly what I'd expect out of people who live and breathe the victim mentality. And these kids on the street that would be mobbing me, are these the people and behavior you're defending? Becuz that's exactly what i have been speaking against this entire thread.......come bro, use yer head, did you really think you could just come in here and dis liquidsmoke?

Better yet, ask Officer Friendly to direct you to them right? And you complain that it's the homeless who are on drugs?

don't know what you mean by officer friendly, but we've already addressed specific programs that help people who need it. And i don't complain that they do drugs, I complain that they want me to pay for them. Just pay attention dude, so i don't have to address posts like yours, which i have been doing for page after page ad nauseam.

As cushy as it would be to be homeless in 1950's suburbia, that hasn't been on the map since they blew away JFK. But if you're as ahead of the curve as you seem to be, I don't have to tell you that - you'll find out when they find someone better to serve up those burgers and fries.

again bro, I think you need to clarify yer thoughts. i don't know what you are trying to say with the 1950's/JFK reference. and the burgers and fries thing is weird too. I feel I've been pretty clear with all my posts, I expect the same if you wanna criticize me.

Ya think? We'll see how well you do at making friends when you hit the street. They're gonna love you, boy.

your thoughts are as generic as everyone else's in this thread. You have this crazy idea that have to do my time on the street. Look chief, I'm not gonna end up homeless because i simply don't share the same effed up disposition that most homeless have. It's been explained in post after post of mine, pay attention.

It's great to see that when the country's doing so terribly badly, there's always someone on the next-to-lowest rung on the social ladder willing to extend himself to kick the guy right below him.

I've been very specific about the people I'm kicking. I may not be rich but these people are far below me in almost any measure.

Not only are you just oozing charisma, winning friends and influencing people, the crowd right below you are just waiting for you to make that one slip that sends you our way. You'll have about as much chance as Dustin Diamond's virginity in a maximum-security prison shower room.

thats a really cute virginity crack at a guy who has released a porno, but it just goes to show how much you don't know. Do you really think the homeless just sit around waiting for guys like me to slip up? get real man.

Particularly when internet trolls are so plentiful. When you're on the street your immune system toughens right up, so I could probably eat something like a troll and the worst all the contaminants in it would do to me is make me see trails.

I guess i should post a response to this just to be thorough, but what?
yer suggesting that people on the street eat me instead of canned beans because why?? make point bro, it'll be a lot more fun next time.

I'll say it yet again....this site has completely lost it's mind.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Dramey

im not even homeless or as bad off as them and i understand how hard it is in this world to find a job

speak for yerself and you're location dude, you aren't the world. there's work if yer willing.

especially now that companies do financial background checks

even bowling alleys wont hire you as a cook if you are in too much debt

why would they? if you're that irresponsible with your own life, as an employer do i really wanna hire you to have any responsibility at my bowling alley?

this world is beginning to suck for those who arent the elite

such a cop out, there are still plenty of people who work normal jobs who are doing ok. I'm proof. It's this kind of victim mentality that land people in homeless situations in the first place. I bet if you ask ten homeless people(in downtown seattle) how they end up on the streets 9 of em would blame someone else for something ridiculous. They do it to themselves for the most part.

and even in jest to make a point the words "they should just go get jobs" are asinine and are severely understating and underestimating the graveness of the problem

thats not even the issue. these people dont want jobs, not the majority that have been referring to. To not get that point is a severe misunderstanding on your part, are you new here?

in my opinion it is also a serious insult to the millions out of work

the millions out of work are not necessarily the ones I'm referring to. That's to broad. Most of those millions are not yet homeless and of the ones that are well, they've already been addressed. read up. I have stated over and over and over again specifically who I'm disgusted with, if you dont wanna take the time to read it all that fine.....but dont jump in now with all yer crazy talk.

i just addressed every sentence you said to me, can you do the same?

nope. you cant. ciao.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

In the city of St.Pete here in Florida,we don't get many days below freezing so when we do the homeless are a big concern.This past winter the mercury was going to drop so two churches (one Catholic one Methodist) decided to help out.The Catholic church purchased pup tents and blankets,the Methodist supplied a piece of property and was fixing a hot breakfast and the homeless were invited to a night out of the elements.

Sounds like a compassionate thing and it was,until the police showed up at dawn with box cutters.They cut up the tents,sprayed the homeless and the food service with a fire hose (my thermometer at home read 22 degrees that morning) and hauled a very disgruntled priest,a minister and several church workers to jail.

It seems that government wants to make compassion a crime

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by knuckle

yeah thats way more effed up than anything i've said and done in this thread but you wont see any of the people that have tried to slam me go after floridian cops.

then again, it's cops in florida,what did you expect? having lived there you must know their rep.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   

get real. Liquidsmoke tells it like it is.

And in the third person, no less. I guess there's only one cure for youth, ad that's if someone's lucky. I can't come up with a kinder way to say this man, but being cool is no substitute for having a soul and some grey matter above the brain stem. I'm worried for you dude, which is why I took the time to post.

Good luck with your frivolous lawsuit.

Pfft. This is the internet. We both know there's no accountability here beyond the karmic. But real life - so-called - is different.

I'm here stating my position, and defending it. There's no where in my estimation without some level of insanity.

It's been said that a lot of people think they're thinking, when they're actually just rearranging their prejudices. I don't think "your" position is actually your position - but I'm concerned that you might. It's funny how far people can get from themselves in this world. I don't see the joy in living a shallow lie and spending the rest of your life defending it - nobody's actually a jerk at core, but some can kid themselves about it for years - but I'm not your daddy. Whatever blows your skirt up I guess, but I wanted to make sure you've mulled it over first.

Right, as I've stated repeatedly, I am speaking for my own environment.

Yeah, you have said that repeatedly. Then you bust out with

You're assuming that the homeless actually want to work. They don't they're perfectly content being scum bags...

and I'm calling you on your sh!t the same as I'd do if you were right here.

It's not surprising that the housies(homeless?) would have me arrested for hate crimes. That's exactly what I'd expect out of people who live and breathe the victim mentality.

Housies have houses. The kids on the street, we don't call cops - we handle it ourselves in the back alleys. Sure it's trading one f-cked-up system for another, and it would be better just to fix the official one, but this is what we've got.

And these kids on the street that would be mobbing me, are these the people and behavior you're defending?

You've got me wrong. I'm not defending our behavior, because you haven't got what it takes to seriously challenge it. I posted back to call you on your sh!t, not defend ours, and to let you know what happens when you try it in real life.

The system we've got on the street actually comes the closest to the common law system the Union was designed to have - a localized jural society - than cops and courts have ever come. We handle it ourselves, and we don't burden society tryin'a put people in jails for decades like you guys do.

don't know what you mean by officer friendly, but we've already addressed specific programs that help people who need it.

Sure, for those who opt-in to a federal system built on treason as a prerequisite. Sorry, but I'm on the street because I care more about my country than that, and refuse to contribute to the problem.

i don't know what you are trying to say with the 1950's/JFK reference.

I meant that it's not exactly Help the Homeless time for our federal government if you haven't noticed. They're creating the problem, making it worse, and housies are subsidizing it. Then people bitch about the homeless, like they don't have the blood for it on their hands themselves. Blind faith in the government isn't going to fix homelessness or any of our other problems - we all need the gumption to handle our government before it handles us.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by liquidsmoke206

and the burgers and fries thing is weird too. ... You have this crazy idea that have to do my time on the street.

No, I'm telling you that your attitude is heading you right for it. If you can't play nice even with other housies, you're gonna be ass-out in this economy before you know it. And once it lands you out here, it's gonna get you smashed. A word to the wise, that's all. Figured maybe I could spare you a few years of grief.

Look chief, I'm not gonna end up homeless because i simply don't share the same effed up disposition that most homeless have.

-gives you a good hard look for a second-

In your area, you probably meant to add.

Think you don't have one, huh? Well, if you can't see it it's not my job to show you.

I've been very specific about the people I'm kicking. I may not be rich but these people are far below me in almost any measure.

Then I'm certainly f-cking-A glad you're not God, that's all I'm saying. Listen to yourself man.

Do you really think the homeless just sit around waiting for guys like me to slip up? get real man.

Trying to give you some idea of what you're in for when you do land out here. For all that, we may as well be sharpening the knives already - I'm saying your attitude will make it seem then like we've been prepping for it all this time. I've got like 15 years heavy into metaphysics man, and karma's a harsh mistress. May want to cushion that landing, because we both know what usually cometh before a fall.

I guess i should post a response to this just to be thorough, but what?
yer suggesting that people on the street eat me instead of canned beans because why?? make point bro, it'll be a lot more fun next time.

What, you saw yourself as that troll I was talking about? Huh.

Fuggit man. Go ahead, keep making your arguments here on a board where you think practically everyone's off their rocker. If that's the life you want, go ahead. Can't think of anything more worthwhile or fulfilling to do with your life? Seriously, you're sure? Maybe fixing the problem you're complaining about and the rest of the sh!t the government's been spawning too? Alright man, no judgement. Let's just call it a head check for you and leave it at that.

When you pipe up with this kind of sh!t at a bar or something next time and someone who isn't on the internet knocks your a$$ into a back alley for starters and then goes to work on you, hey man. I tried.

Don't change a thing, guy.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   

And in the third person, no less. I guess there's only one cure for youth, ad that's if someone's lucky. I can't come up with a kinder way to say this man, but being cool is no substitute for having a soul and some grey matter above the brain stem. I'm worried for you dude, which is why I took the time to post.

Old man smoke says, being cool is having a soul and some grey matter above the brain stem. You posted cause yer worried about me?
get real.

Pfft. This is the internet. We both know there's no accountability here beyond the karmic. But real life - so-called - is different.

Ha, try tellin that to some of the lunatics who have tried to bash me in this thread.

It's been said that a lot of people think they're thinking, when they're actually just rearranging their prejudices. I don't think "your" position is actually your position - but I'm concerned that you might.

are you suggesting that I'm living a lie, and actually really respect the homeless and want to be their buddy, I just don't know it? But somehow you do?

It's funny how far people can get from themselves in this world. I don't see the joy in living a shallow lie and spending the rest of your life defending it -

and yet you live on the streets and blame housies, and the "government" for keeping you down when everyone knows the truth is, most homeless are on the streets cuz it suits them.

Yeah, you have said that repeatedly. Then you bust out with

and I'm calling you on your sh!t the same as I'd do if you were right here.

Yer not very good at calling people on their # are you? For example, what is your argument?? That would be a good place to start.

Housies have houses. The kids on the street, we don't call cops - we handle it ourselves in the back alleys. Sure it's trading one f-cked-up system for another, and it would be better just to fix the official one, but this is what we've got.

So the homeless engage in back alley violent or otherwise seedy behavior. blame it on the official effed up system, thus shunning personal responsibility. And are totally ok with because "this is what we've got" and they have no drive and no need to better their situation. Couldn't have said it better myself. You obviously agree with everything Liquidsmoke has been saying.

You've got me wrong. I'm not defending our behavior, because you haven't got what it takes to seriously challenge it. I posted back to call you on your sh!t, not defend ours, and to let you know what happens when you try it in real life.

again, what are you calling me on? Does anyone else see this quote as a little, I dunno, uncivilized?

The system we've got on the street actually comes the closest to the common law system the Union was designed to have - a localized jural society - than cops and courts have ever come. We handle it ourselves, and we don't burden society tryin'a put people in jails for decades like you guys do.

you guys? because I'm all for locking people up for decades, right....??? If if you do justly go to jail for decades, the only one burdened is the poor SOB in jail. sucker, can't do the time, don't do the crime.. This thread is chalk full of lunatics. Just listen to what you're saying. The homeless in my town are a burden on society just by being a part of it. I don't really care too much about what they do in back alleys, it's what they do in plain site thats disgusting. How can you not say thats a burden on society?

Sure, for those who opt-in to a federal system built on treason as a prerequisite. Sorry, but I'm on the street because I care more about my country than that, and refuse to contribute to the problem.

Riiiiiight, yer on the street because you're an anarchist/martyr who's contributing to the problem of homelessness because you care so much about your country. You do realize that admitting to being on the streets because you want to be there is consistent with what I have been saying about the homeless all throughout this thread. It's pretty clear you agree wholeheartedly with Liquidsmoke206.

I meant that it's not exactly Help the Homeless time for our federal government if you haven't noticed. They're creating the problem, making it worse, and housies are subsidizing it. Then people bitch about the homeless, like they don't have the blood for it on their hands themselves. Blind faith in the government isn't going to fix homelessness or any of our other problems - we all need the gumption to handle our government before it handles us.

So right after admitting to being on the streets because you want to, you go right back to claiming that it's "the government" and "people" who create homelessness. You do realize that this kind of victim mentality is consistent with what I have been saying about the homeless all throughout this thread. Yeah, you love Liquidsmoke. Also, I don't know who's suggesting blind faith in our government as a solution to anything, certainly not me.

No, I'm telling you that your attitude is heading you right for it. If you can't play nice even with other housies, you're gonna be ass-out in this economy before you know it. And once it lands you out here, it's gonna get you smashed. A word to the wise, that's all. Figured maybe I could spare you a few years of grief.

You don't know me, and you are just wrong abut how most people end up on the streets and stay there actually get there.

In your area, you probably meant to add.

Think you don't have one, huh? Well, if you can't see it it's not my job to show you.

Well you've certainly made it your job in this thread. But just like in the real world, yer not very good at jobs. Whether I have an effed up disposition is a matter of perspective, but I definitely don't have the same effed up disposition as your typical homeless.

Then I'm certainly f-cking-A glad you're not God, that's all I'm saying. Listen to yourself man.

How do you know I'm not, afterall I've achieved something that you and yer buddies have never been able to do, i have an income(cue bright sunbeams and choir singing). Certainly from where your sitting I must seem godlike...

Trying to give you some idea of what you're in for when you do land out here. For all that, we may as well be sharpening the knives already - I'm saying your attitude will make it seem then like we've been prepping for it all this time. I've got like 15 years heavy into metaphysics man, and karma's a harsh mistress. May want to cushion that landing, because we both know what usually cometh before a fall.

Again, how do you know me well enough to know that I'm going to end up on the street?

I already addressed karma some pages ago, read up.

What, you saw yourself as that troll I was talking about? Huh.

obviously you were referencing me. back tracking and tryin to paint me as having a guilty conscience is an elementary tactic, and adds nothing to the discussion.

continued....

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Fuggit man. Go ahead, keep making your arguments here on a board where you think practically everyone's off their rocker. If that's the life you want, go ahead. Can't think of anything more worthwhile or fulfilling to do with your life? Seriously, you're sure? Maybe fixing the problem you're complaining about and the rest of the sh!t the government's been spawning too? Alright man, no judgement. Let's just call it a head check for you and leave it at that.

Oh I just thought of something more fulfilling to do with my life, I'll quit my job, spend all my money and drugs, then move out to the street and ask people for dollars, when they only give me one, I'll complain that it's not enough. Seriously, you sure? Maybe instead of worrying about whether my life is fulfilling enough and waiting around for me to fix the government so you can get off the street, you should focus on you're own life and do something for yourself, nah too much work.

When you pipe up with this kind of sh!t at a bar or something next time and someone who isn't on the internet knocks your a$$ into a back alley for starters and then goes to work on you, hey man. I tried.

I addressed the issue of of speaking ones mind on the internet vs real life in my initial post on KSPigpens other thread right here.

Don't change a thing, guy.

See, I knew liquidsmoke206 was yer hero.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

You posted cause yer worried about me?
get real.

You poured on a heap of sarcasm there, champ. So I guess it makes you right.

It's been said that a lot of people think they're thinking, when they're actually just rearranging their prejudices. I don't think "your" position is actually your position - but I'm concerned that you might.

are you suggesting that I'm living a lie, and actually really respect the homeless and want to be their buddy, I just don't know it? But somehow you do?

Right on the money, there.

Spiritual eyes, my friend. Some things don't change no matter how skewed this world gets. Take Cheney for a second, do you really think Somebody sat down and went, "Today, I think I'll make a total jerk!" and started rubbing human clay together between His hands? Umm, try No! Cheney still is what he is, except that by now he's a lo-o-ong way from home and has made himself forget it. He's defending a position that's not really his. But he's been defending it so long anyway that now he's convinced of it regardless.

Did you ever notice that your conscience and your intuition are the same thing? We call it by two different names in our society. But deafen yourself to one, and you've managed to deafen yourself to the other. Call it a word to the wiseguy.

Well you've certainly made it your job in this thread.

Yeah, I'll stop and take one or two seconds to try and give somebody a tip. My bad. But I'm too young to have kids, so I'm'na clock out here. I've said my piece.

But just like in the real world, yer not very good at jobs.

and yet you live on the streets and blame housies, and the "government" for keeping you down when everyone knows the truth is, most homeless are on the streets cuz it suits them.

... afterall I've achieved something that you and yer buddies have never been able to do, i have an income(cue bright sunbeams and choir singing). Certainly from where your sitting I must seem godlike..

Maybe instead of worrying about whether my life is fulfilling enough and waiting around for me to fix the government so you can get off the street, you should focus on you're own life and do something for yourself, nah too much work.

You do realize that this kind of victim mentality is consistent with what I have been saying about the homeless all throughout this thread. Yeah, you love Liquidsmoke.

It's pretty clear you agree wholeheartedly with Liquidsmoke206.

See, I knew liquidsmoke206 was yer hero.

Hey, everyone needs a role-model right? Good luck with life, you're really gonna rawk when your balls finally drop.

Say goodnight, flamebait. -clicks Ignore-

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Yeah, those poor souls could really use a hand. Maybe a checkup? Basic health care? Oh wait...suggesting such a thing is blasphemy.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Originally posted by DaddyBare
Here in Albuquerque we don't have this kind of problem... Our Mayor can will and does bulldoze abandoned houses and set up a tent anywhere in city limits and your going to jail... In fact this weekend were hosting the Albuquerque international balloon fiesta and to clean things up their rounding up the homeless street people and forcing them into shelters

Yes, the Nazis also rounded up homeless people - right before they sent them off to concentration camps and the gas chambers!

Shame on Albuquerque for allowing their politicians to stoop to Nazi style ideology. This boils my blood!!!

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by liquidsmoke206

You have fired the bullet and it will hit you dead center. Maybe not in this life, but you will experience what you so despise. Karma is physics.

I will give you a quarter when I see you on the street next time. Empathy

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join