It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those Stinking Homeless Should Go Get Jobs!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by liquidsmoke206
people in tent cities are one thing, but I live in a city with more homeless people than any city I have ever seen, anywhere in the world. Believe me these people are scumbags, they actually get upset if you don't give them ENOUGH money! And there's so many of them, they like being homeless, and they are definitely on drugs!

I don't give money to them, or if I do I make them humiliate themselves for a quarter.
This town needs to get get these losers out....*SNIP*

I know none of you scum will ever read this, but just get a job you hopeless scumbag losers....

MOD NOTE: The END of Hate Speech, subtle or otherwise, on ATS

[edit on 2-10-2009 by DontTreadOnMe]

I just wanted to post that I do not do nor have I ever done any drugs, I am not mentally ill, and I have been homeless in the past. Never asked anyone for a dime either.

It's the same as anything else in the world. There are always exceptions to the rule, not everyone is the same

We live in a dynamic world where people can choose to be part of a stereotype or not. Not everyone chooses to. I hope you're able to see past your hate filled judgments based on your limited previous life experiences.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Well it would seem to me, that you have gone on your rants as a justification for you to judge whoever you feel. Homeless people are lazy bums who not only deserve it, but want it hmm?? Thank God this is America because yes you do have that right! Just as I have the right to judge you.

I don't judge whoever I feel, so far just the homeless, and just the ones in my city at that. How come no one ever pays attention on this site? Yes, the bums I've been referring to are lazy, drug fiends who never have any intention of bettering their situation. Why is that so hard to believe?

Well yes, sir! Normally this would not be morally correct, but since you feel it's ok to judge those who are homeless based on what you "see" everyday, then perhaps it's not so bad someone judge you, just as you might judge me for say, a 'hippy' based on my avatar?

So, you can't distinguish real life from an ATS avatar? Do you really think I judged all these homeless on their avatars? LOL Dude, there's a big difference between dealing with people in real life and and making idiotic assumptions about ones avatar. The only reason you're attacking mine is cuz you got nothing of substance to say, which is why I have this avatar in the 1st place...and you just fell right into my trap. Lab rat.

Based on your picture alone, you are a wanna-be thug kid with a white hoody and gun because you feel that makes you "hard", in terms of societies standards.

Why are you judging me on a pic alone? Are you crazy!? As I've stated if you don't know the context of the avatar, best to keep yer mouth shut. Some people have avatars of aliens, or animals, or works of art, or nothing at all....if my avatar was nothing I suppose you'd accuse me of not existing? I interact with homeless people on a reg basis....thats the difference...is it really that hard to understand?

That's great you have 2 jobs, commendable even! I wouldn't think a "thug" of your status would know what being homeless means? Wait nevermind...you're HARD right?? You must have! It's all about kill or be killed, "word homie!" . pfft hardly. You seem the type that wants to be hard and has scratched your way up only by the help of your parents, or thug pals.

How can anyone assume soooo much just based on a picture they saw in some ones forum profile? I'll say it again, this site has lost it's mind. I've got people on here thinking they know my age, personality, education, and life history. I got question...have you even read any of my posts or is this really all about my avatar?

THAT is what I judge from your avatar and don't fault anyone for doing so because that is your obvious intent.

what?

no DUDE I don't care if you have 2 jobs, if you're running around with a hoodie on with nifty make-up and a GUN in your hand, I'd rather not have you as a "productive" member of our "society".

You don't know the context of the picture so your entire post is moot. sorry, bro.

Why on EARTH would I, or anyone else want people like you around? Your lack of compassion is outstanding, but yeah thats JUST what our society needs, right?

People like me? You don't know a thing about me, you just assume a bunch of stuff....weird. Lack of compassion? I'm not as bad a guy as you ASSUME I am, if you'd read all my posts you'd know that. I don't know what society needs, but I'm pretty sure it's not more street rats like we have around here.....just sayin.

Get over yourself. Now let your freedom take over and keep judging like a tool. No-one is listening.

obviously a lot of people are listening based on the responses I've gotten, and most of them have not come off as exceptionally bright. This is the most judgmental, insane, and malicious thread I've been in to date. Amazing, really.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

You?
In GQ?
They just lost a subscriber.

Cuz I'm satan right? I think the posts speak for themselves. I'm the one of few in this thread who hasn't completely lost it.

By the by, I'll make sure and post them your account information, your picture, your posts when I inform them I will be canceling my subscription (of what, 9 years) forthwith.

OK, so you wanna make this personal huh? I've got way too much class to go that far in a chat forum where people are doing nothing more than stating opinions, but thats just me, to each his own.

That is if you're not delusional - but no matter I am through with GQ - I'll donate the subscription money to the homeless.

Editor of GQ magazine - [email protected] and as this is public information freely found online I do not believe it breaks any ATS rules in re-posting the editor's information here.

You may not be breaking any rules, but just think of how ridiculous this is...I mean really....

LiquidSmoke, anyone who would condemn the homeless, as you do, deserves exactly what Karma will send your way. I hope Karma shows you more pity than you've shown others.

I've already addressed karma in previous posts, why am I not surprised you missed that?

Becasue, I know, first hand, anyone, anyone who's hungry enough, will dance for that dime.

But you know this don't you.

You who *humiliates* the homeless before you toss them a coin.

Have you made them dance, my friend?

Put on your tap shoes, your tune will be playing soon.

No I haven't made them dance, as I've stated earlier, in yet another of my posts that you did NOT read, I haven't actually humiliated them for a quarter. I don't need to, if you'd actually come to Seattle and see these people you'd see they are the personification of humiliation. They don't even need my help.

People need to remember - the USA is not only facing financial ruin, but, ruin as a society all together. It is not going to get better.
Give freely to those in need, now.
That goodness will return to you one day.
Please, help the homeless and the needy, all you can - WITHOUT JUDGMENT.

Bleeding heart blah blah blah. end of the world blah blah, why should I give my hard earned dollars to a street rat? There are better ways to help the homeless.

As for you 'LiquidSmoke' I wish you peace.
And I will not respond, so save your words, they fall on deaf ears.

You wish me peace, all the while trying to paint me in whatever light you see fit to the editor of GQ. You're a real piece of work.
Save my words? After the post you made you expect me to save my words? I know deaf ears are the only ones you've got but I sure as heck am not gonna let a coward come in here and attack my personal life without making a rebuttal. Of course you're not gonna respond, you know I'll just continually point out how completely insane your posts have been.

I've had enough filth for the day.

You cant escape yerself bro. And I'm tired of the filth too, thats why i want the homeless out of my town. Sorry thats too difficult for you to understand.

peace

peace.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Pr0t0

what do I have to apologize for? having an opinion?
seems to me most of the posters in this thread owe me the apology. Their the ones attacking my personal life, and making up facts about me that just aren't true.

I'll say it one more time, this site has completely lost its mind!

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Matteroni

I just wanted to post that I do not do nor have I ever done any drugs, I am not mentally ill, and I have been homeless in the past. Never asked anyone for a dime either.

great. was that the norm?

It's the same as anything else in the world. There are always exceptions to the rule, not everyone is the same

if its the same as anything in the world, and there are always exceptions, does that not mean it goes WITHOUT saying? I mean do I really have to buffer everything I say with...."there are exceptions.." if there are always exceptions to the rule? Is everyone in this thread in elementary school or what?

We live in a dynamic world where people can choose to be part of a stereotype or not. Not everyone chooses to. I hope you're able to see past your hate filled judgments based on your limited previous life experiences.

limited previous life experience? great another poster that thinks he knows my life story. and this based on one post I made, that he didn't even read or he woulda noticed the VERY 1st SENTENCE where I let most people in tent cities off the hook. Next time try reading my other posts chief, you'd see I been leaving posters like you in my wake for about 6 pages now.

NEXT.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
It's unfortunate the way the society has been run down all from greed. Depending on the area that people grew up in, there aren't many families that can support their children and to get their children the education they need to create a decent standard of living to manage their own lives.

But drugs can improvise that. Giving that illusion to live outside of reality. So basically an escape from mental stresses from being too poor. It makes me feel almost guilty to not give the homeless anything.

It sucks.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by lucentenigma

People in tent cities is one thing, I totally understand and feel for them really. It is a sad site that this is happening in the USA. Having delt with the homeless almost on a daily basis, I can say most like it that way.In a city with an everchanging homeless population, the outcome is always the same.

Rudeness ,unappreciative ,violent at times, and almost all issues are/were preventable. I will not go into detail and discuss what I have seen and had to deal with on this reply.But if you did, you would have a very different mindset on this issue.

Thanks 6-engine

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by liquidsmoke206

It makes sense to me to have them on capitol hill. We need more affordable housing and it is the government who screwed up the economy. I think the government should intervene. No one should live outside in a tent.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shrukin89
It's unfortunate the way the society has been run down all from greed. Depending on the area that people grew up in, there aren't many families that can support their children and to get their children the education they need to create a decent standard of living to manage their own lives.

But drugs can improvise that. Giving that illusion to live outside of reality. So basically an escape from mental stresses from being too poor. It makes me feel almost guilty to not give the homeless anything.

It sucks.

Heh, you crack me up. Greed is why you can buy a can of beans for $0.59 and a loaf of bread for under $2.00. Also why you can hop on public transportation and buy cotton clothes. Don't forget electricity and running water. Greed made this all possible. You're greedy because you eat when you could've given your food away to someone else. You're greedy because you breathe air that could've gone to an animal. Get my drift? Now sit your greedy ass down ..

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   

I'm not going to respond to your response as it's clear we just don't see eye to eye. I will say however, that I apologize for being *judgemental*. This is not acceptable for anyone. I'm chalking this up to my sincere frustration and anger toward the things that you have said in this thread. Either way that doesn't give me or anyone else the right to "judge".

Edit for clarity: I hope you got the point here. Let me know if you need me to point it out. Peace!

[edit on 3-10-2009 by Wookiep]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I have to say for those of us posting on this thread that the job market is very competitive... i was terminated from my job during a death in the family, my ex gril friend is pregnant with my son and im currently searching for work, its been almost exactly one month, i thought with an associates degree and being a Veteran of the 2003 Iraqi invasion that i would have no problems getting a new job... wrong,

the thought of me being homeless was a shock i will start working with a day labor service soon... just to try to keep my self fed, its funny though, i have seen people standing right out side that day labor venue with signs panhandling for change and food, i my slef will not end up that way, by any means necessary... i know the problems with this country too... outsourcing of jobs... spending and lending... etc.
i have skills companies need but its hard to get to a source through all this (everything must be done online) job market, hell if burger king and Micky D's is hiring, im applying and not stopping there.
i also have coinsidered re-enlistment to the Army, ill soon have to make that choice... and to liquid smoke... stand tall for your opinion... its your private property, its your right... people want to take that away from you, and that is as wrong as two boys Fuc|

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Here‘s your quote from page 1.

I don't give money to them, or if I do I make them humiliate themselves for a quarter.

Here’s your quote from this page.

I haven't actually humiliated them for a quarter.

You, sir have been collard a liar by your own words.

Did anyone every tell you there’s a time to stop digging, because frankly your responses are becoming embarrassing.

As for me taking this personal?
Yes, I do take it personally when someone verbally (or otherwise) abuses the homeless.

If I turned a blind eye to the less fortunate and choose not to stand up against those like you who abuse them - then I'd be as guilty as you for their abuse and neglect.

And I will not find myself there at the end of the day.

You accuse me of taking things personally.
Thank you, I appreciate the comment.
I interpret that to mean I'm doing the right thing.

But, you know all about taking things to a personal level don’t you.
You’re cheap pot shots directed at my character, your painting the homeless with a broad brush of bias and hate naming them *street rats* and worse.
Oh hypocrite heal thyself.

Oh, and by the way?
I’m not a bro.
For someone who points the finger at others generalizing over an avatar you do a pretty good job of that yourself.
I’m a girl.

And about wishing you peace?

Yes, I do wish you peace.
But wishing you peace does not mean I have to go arm in arm with your vulgarity, your hate against the homeless, or your despising of those who’s eyes are open to the financial situation the USA [is in, at this moment, a situation that is not going to get any better.

I truly hope whatever your financial situation - it does not deteriorate.
Someone with so little heart, so little compassion for others?
Well, they say money doesn’t make one happy, but it helps, and you need all the help you can get.

So yes, peace to you
gracie

Want to help the homeless in Seattle? Check out these sites!

Help Save Nickelsville

Welcome to Nickelsville Seattle.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/56bd620a9c65.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 4-10-2009 by silo13]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Why are the tents of most of the homeless so uniform in looks and size ?
They are hardly more than a big umbrella with some canvas underneath.
Why couldn´t there be an institution or association handing out a more
comfortable size of tent, eventually for free, and get some order into this
tent chaos with sanitation units regularly maintained. I don´t think this would
be an invitation for most of the homeless to extend their stays.

The reason for many of the homeless lies in the fact that the Bush
administration needed another bubble to get the slackening economy to
pick up speed again, because all indicators were already pointing towards
a depression. So the conditions for home loans were loosened and the
people were lured into buying homes with a minimum of capital and other
securities with the real estate thus pushed into a boom that blinded most
of the victims about the real value of their homes and the danger of collapse
in case of a crisis. I maintain that this bubble was a scheme by Bush/Greenspan to push the coming-up crisis into the Obama administration. The banks were the accomplices of the government. I personally put more blame on the banks than on the foreclosed homeless.

Why isn´t there more solidarity among the families of the homeless ?
Why wouldn´t a family member or friend liquidate the loan from the bank
and have a deed installed with the debtor at a fixed or flexible debit interest
rate way under 32%, let´s say at a little over or even double the rate that you can get in the banks for a savings account ? So both of the two could
be profiting of the banks´usury.
Flexible repayment terms could help the debtor.

I have done it once. It was all paid back without stress. No calls, no visits,
no writs.

Next time I were to do it, I would include in the deed an alternative clause,
that in the case of a devaluation (already under way) or a currency reform,
I would have the option to choose between the money or a food basket
comprising a specified number of kg of butter, flour, rice etc. estimated
by today´s prices in proportion to the loan versus the present value of the
house.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

It makes sense to me to have them on capitol hill. We need more affordable housing and it is the government who screwed up the economy. I think the government should intervene. No one should live outside in a tent.

I just disagree...I don't believe the blame falls solely on the government. I don't see why they should intervene? I don't believe in bailouts....period. I'm sorry but if you were dumb enough to buy a house you couldn't afford anyways, which I'm sure many are guilty of, then sorry....bad decisions lead to unfortunate circumstances. I think most people will get back on their feet if they really want to. No one should live in a tent, but this isn't a utopia. You make poor decisions and you will fall on hard times.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Here's your quote from page 10...

As for you 'LiquidSmoke' I wish you peace.
And I will not respond, so save your words, they fall on deaf ears.

And yet, you're responding on page 11....
You, ma'am have been collard a liar by your own words.
Sorry if you believe everything you read in a chat forum. I also said something about a tent city at the bottom of elliot bay, obviously I don't really believe that. People like you take all the fun out of ATS.

Did anyone every tell you there’s a time to stop digging, because frankly your responses are becoming embarrassing.

all i have to say is, Did anyone every tell you there’s a time to stop digging, because frankly your responses are becoming embarrassing.

As for me taking this personal?
Yes, I do take it personally when someone verbally (or otherwise) abuses the homeless.

why? are you homeless? and even if you are, why can't I have an opinion? You have a victim mentality that rivals that of most homeless people so maybe you are homeless...

If I turned a blind eye to the less fortunate and choose not to stand up against those like you who abuse them - then I'd be as guilty as you for their abuse and neglect.

I've already stated that I give money to some homeless, and have given my time to helping them out at kitchens and work. Do I think their losers? yeah..so what, it's my opinion and I have thoroughly explained why. By writing letters to people publishing my accolades, for nothing more than having an opinion, do you really think your more of a saint then me? Get help, seriously...

You accuse me of taking things personally.
Thank you, I appreciate the comment.
I interpret that to mean I'm doing the right thing.

an example of poor judgment, and insane egotism...
get help, seriously....

But, you know all about taking things to a personal level don’t you.
You’re cheap pot shots directed at my character, your painting the homeless with a broad brush of bias and hate naming them *street rats* and worse.
Oh hypocrite heal thyself.

Let's get one thing totally crystal clear here...you came out attacking me. Not the other way around. Maybe I've taken some pot shots at you, but I have also responded do every line of all of your posts, just like every other person that has addressed me, a civilized approach. You, on the other hand, are sending letters to people printing my accolades in an attempt to defame me, it's borderline slander. Yeah I generalized about the homeless, is it not a general term? Have you never generalized before? I have said repeatedly that there are exceptions and even in the first sentence i wrote in the whole thread let people in tent cities off the hook to some extent. How is it that you missed the first sentence? Think about it, who's the real hypocrite here?

Oh, and by the way?
I’m not a bro.
For someone who points the finger at others generalizing over an avatar you do a pretty good job of that yourself.
I’m a girl.

I definitely didn't assume you were a man based on your avatar. But, yeah I generally refer to most of the people in ats threads as men, big deal. There's really no way to know, unless you do a little research, which i have not felt inclined to do in your case. So I called you bro. It's not like I'm assuming your life story, your age, or a host of other ridiculous things that people derived from looking at my avatar. Sorry I mistook you for a guy.

BTW Thank you, Wookiep, I accept your apology.

And about wishing you peace?

Yes, I do wish you peace.
But wishing you peace does not mean I have to go arm in arm with your vulgarity, your hate against the homeless, or your despising of those who’s eyes are open to the financial situation the USA [is in, at this moment, a situation that is not going to get any better.

Your actions and words tell a completely different story. You have taken physical action against me. I haven't done anything but have an opinion and say some things you thought were "mean" about the homeless. Most people would have contacted the mods by now, but I'm tryin to be a peaceful guy. You're behavior has to have broken some rule in here.

I truly hope whatever your financial situation - it does not deteriorate.
Someone with so little heart, so little compassion for others?

BS, you don't give a # about my financial situation, you don't know me and you don't even like me. Get real. You know nothing of my heart or compassion. Maybe you should take a lesson in compassion, you're the one who attacked me.

Well, they say money doesn’t make one happy, but it helps, and you need all the help you can get.

I'm happy, I take care of myself, I don't ask for help. The opposite of a bum.

So yes, peace to you

peace.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   

You could end up homeless some day too.

Maybe some cop comes along and decides he doesn't like you so he picks on you.....bullies you....plants drugs on you after beating you to a pulp....charges you....throws you in jail.....you loose your job....loose friends.....the IRS comes after you with trumped up lies.....you go bankrupt....loose everything.....you suffer from anxiety and stress as a result.....and you see the futility in even trying anymore......next thing you know......you are feeling betrayed by your own country, shamed, shunned, forgotten, and homeless.

In the measure you judge others....it will be done unto you.

Pride goes before a fall and a haughty spirit precedes destruction.

Empathy, is the ability to walk a mile in someone else's shoes(picture yourself in their position and say....gee...that could easily be me!!)

You think you are in control of your life?

Brewww...ha...ha....ha...haaaaa!

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   

And yet, you're responding on page 11....

Yes, being called a coward can do that to a person. LOL
Plus, if you knew anything at all about women, you'd know they have the right to change their minds.

Having grown up in Seattle I can assure anyone reading these posts, Seattle is an incredibly caring, incredibly conscientious town along with being one of the most beautiful places in the USA.

I hope people wont judge Seattle's populace as a whole by a rotten apple here or there... Even *God’s Country* has a bottom to it’s barrel.

*wink*

"We must work together to lift people out of homelessness. It’s not always the easy thing to do; but it’s the right thing to do."

-quote by -- Seattle Mayor Greg Nickels

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by John Matrix

You could end up homeless some day too.

well yeah I COULD.

Maybe some cop comes along and decides he doesn't like you so he picks on you.....bullies you....plants drugs on you after beating you to a pulp....charges you....throws you in jail.....you loose your job....loose friends.....the IRS comes after you with trumped up lies.....you go bankrupt....loose everything.....you suffer from anxiety and stress as a result.....and you see the futility in even trying anymore......next thing you know......you are feeling betrayed by your own country, shamed, shunned, forgotten, and homeless.

Sorry I'm not gonna waste my time worrying about some extreme cases of bad luck. The odds are heavily in my favor of none of this stuff ever happening. Further more if you had seen the homeless people I'm referring to you'd know that they didn't suffer any of this stuff either. I'm just being realistic.

In the measure you judge others....it will be done unto you.

blah blah blah cliched nonsense about judging people. Like I don't have the right, you holier than thou ATSers are a drag. As if you don't judge people. Go ahead and judge me, you don't know me, and you don't know anything about the homeless situation in my city that I was referring to. If you aren't knowing then maybe you should just listen.

Pride goes before a fall and a haughty spirit precedes destruction.

blah blah blah more cliched nonsense that has nothing to do with this thread or my position. Just a horrible attempt at sounding like you know the ways of the world.

Empathy, is the ability to walk a mile in someone else's shoes(picture yourself in their position and say....gee...that could easily be me!!)

Of course I've pictured myself in that position, and I've gone backwards and tried to see just what leads to myself or anyone else ending up that way. Sorry chief, there's not really an EASY way to end up there. Try putting yerself in my shoes and familiarizing yourself with the kind of homelessness I'm referring to, you'd draw the same conclusions as me.

You think you are in control of your life?

I don't control EVERYTHING, but I know how to keep myself off the street and my life from deteriorating into total chaos.

Brewww...ha...ha....ha...haaaaa!

indeed.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Yes, being called a coward can do that to a person.

Precisely why i said it.

Plus, if you knew anything at all about women, you'd know they have the right to change their minds.

please....

Having grown up in Seattle I can assure anyone reading these posts, Seattle is an incredibly caring, incredibly conscientious town along with being one of the most beautiful places in the USA.

agreed.

I hope people wont judge Seattle's populace as a whole by a rotten apple here or there...

and I hope people won't judge seattle by it's filthy drugged out sleazeball homeless situation, although I know for a fact that some do.

Even *God’s Country* has a bottom to it’s barrel.

You would have people believe that that bottom of the barrel, are people who make mean old posts on ATS, which are really nothing more than expressing a point of view. I think it's the scum that actively degrade an otherwise beautiful city. Who makes more sense?

Nickels has done a poor job of lifting people out of homelessness, maybe thats why he's a lame duck. Face it seattle has some of the nastiest homeless problems in the world, and you condone and approve of it. Why do you wish such bad things for the city? Just Cuz I live here and you don't like me for some reason?

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Why an able-bodied homeless person would live in an urban setting is beyond me. Everything is way too expensive and city dwellers are downright rotten people for the mostpart.

Hitch a ride to a small town and get a job as a laborer, work in a gas station, taco bell, whatever. Somebody is always hiring. If you smell like a bum, hit a public restroom and do a toilet shower. It isn't glamorous but it works. If you're absolutely starving, walk up to a farmer's house and respectfully ask if he's in need of work and that you'll work for food. You can get 5 cans of beans for $3 for f*cks sake.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join