It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

bush indoctrination for kids (the real way)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
here we go...this is the REAL WAY to do it. get a cutout, have a adult tell you exactly what to repeat, speak in tongues, associate a president with god-like qualities.
the right-wingers have got this down!!!!! they are professionals!!!!

www.liveleak.com...

[edit on 1-10-2009 by jimmyx]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Poor kids...

What goes through the minds of some of those adults?

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
to all my democratic friends out there...you better get your critical-thinking teachers hats on, and clue your kids in to the type of adults they will be encountering later in their lives.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by doped00
Poor kids...

What goes through the minds of some of those adults?

yup...and this has been going on for some time. plus, the look on their faces...it reminded me of the movie "children of the corn"

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

hey...where's all the republicans condemning school children being indoctrinated for a president??? surely you would like to see this discussion be "FAIR & BALANCED"...yeah...thought so

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Do they have to? I'm fairly certain anyone posting disdain for the Obama praising in schools already qualified their position as "all this indoctrination bull is disgusting."

So is it worse that those posters dont follow thread to thread repeating their position over and over or worse that this thread and the Nixon thread are trying to pull the "see, they did it too so it's okay that we do it" two-wrongs game?

It's never right.

The difference here, as has been pointed out dozens of times now, the Jesus camp parents chose to put their kids into the Jesus camp and unless those parents are complete buffoons they had an idea this was going happen. Those public school kids are essentially mandated by law to be there. Private whatevers can have their idols and their songs. Idols and idol worship do not belong in public schools.

So how long until this is all tossed out and ignored and the 500th thread trying to prove the same 'point' pops up?

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
The difference here, as has been pointed out dozens of times now, the Jesus camp parents chose to put their kids into the Jesus camp

And school parents didn't put their kids into school?

Those public school kids are essentially mandated by law to be there.

BS. They could home school them or put them in private school. Or even better, they could have complained when they went to the presentation and WATCHED their children sing those songs. BUT THEY DIDN'T. They smiled and clapped and enjoyed the show.

It was only 8 months later that Glenn and Michelle got hold of the story that people started freaking out. You are being played by the right wing machine.

Obama Song Lyrics Pre-Approved by Parents

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

reply to post by jimmyx

Do they have to? I'm fairly certain anyone posting disdain for the Obama praising in schools already qualified their position as "all this indoctrination bull is disgusting."

So is it worse that those posters dont follow thread to thread repeating their position over and over or worse that this thread and the Nixon thread are trying to pull the "see, they did it too so it's okay that we do it" two-wrongs game?

It's never right.

The difference here, as has been pointed out dozens of times now, the Jesus camp parents chose to put their kids into the Jesus camp and unless those parents are complete buffoons they had an idea this was going happen. Those public school kids are essentially mandated by law to be there. Private whatevers can have their idols and their songs. Idols and idol worship do not belong in public schools.

So how long until this is all tossed out and ignored and the 500th thread trying to prove the same 'point' pops up?

although mandated to be in school...these parents were sent home permission slips, and if they did not want to participate in this segment, they were free to hold there kid out of this.

i wonder if the kids in jesus camp were allowed to skip the george bush indoctrination?

anyway thanks for pointing out that this have been discussed to death, i thought it was fairly fresh. my bad

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Funny video clip and an even funnier attempt to rationalize the recent display of Praise Obama songs. At least in the Jesuscamp video they said one nation under God. OOOH! a quote from the pledge of allegiance. Don't hear that much anymore in our schools.

I would rather see kids in a PRIVATE church function bless a president than see kids in a public school chant and regurgitate Obama's campaign rhetoric to save the country and the world. These kids don't even know what they are saying.

Mmmm Mmmmm Mmmmm Enough is enough

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
thisguyrighthere is absolutely right. All this indoctrination is wrong. How the same people here can keep telling themselves it is alright because "the other team" had done it previously is pretty hilarious.

If I believe that all indoctrination is wrong, I must be playing into the right wing machine.

BS. They could home school them or put them in private school.

Benevolent Heretic, please tell me you are joking.

[edit on 1-10-2009 by METACOMET]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by METACOMET
How the same people here can keep telling themselves it is alright because "the other team" had done it previously is pretty hilarious.

No one has said that indoctrination is all right. I believe the message is that people are acting like this is a "new" thing for kids to sing songs about presidents. And it's not. It's been happening for many years. In the past, it was thought of as patriotic. But now, for some reason, what was once thought of as patriotic has now become "indoctrination". Nothing's changed. But Michelle and Glenn would have you believe that this is the first time it's happened.

I see no indoctrination except for the Jesus Camp thing.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Inflected Form(s): in·doc·tri·nat·ed; in·doc·tri·nat·ing
Etymology: probably from Middle English endoctrinen, from Anglo-French endoctriner, from en- + doctrine doctrine
Date: 1626

1 : to instruct especially in fundamentals or rudiments : teach
2 : to imbue with a usually partisan or sectarian opinion, point of view, or principle

Funny, the kids singing praise to Obama are spewing Obama's principles, point of view and opinions. I didn't see any that in the PRIVATE Jesuscamp video. Just a church group asking for God to bless the president. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less.

Perhaps I need to borrow your blinders for the next 3 years so I can't see what is happening to our country. Just keep the carrot dangling in front of me and I should be fine.

[edit on 1-10-2009 by jibeho]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

holy cow.

i thought the obama praise videos were bad!

this is about as far as crazy goes (i hope)

how can anyone do this, and WHAT are they getting out of it????

edit:

also, isnt that a form of idol worship (idolatry)? it's not gold (cardboard in fact) but doesn't differ from any other representation of a "god" or "figure" that you would give blessings to....

maybe im going to far with it?

[edit on 10/1/2009 by mahtoosacks]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I don't think this is right either, but I must point out one glaring point.

These kids are praying FOR Bush, not TO him like a few videos I saw being done to Obama.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

These kids are praying FOR Bush, not TO him like a few videos I saw being done to Obama.

Of course, BH wants you to conveniently ignore that fact, JD. No, no, don't pay attention too closely to the lyrics, just get the gist of the situation and then make a poor generalization about a lie disguised as a half-truth. Bush, bad - Obama, good - remember?

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Nothing's changed.

I think this is the crux of the situation. Things have changed. Many people are not as trustful of the government and politicians as a whole as they once were. I believe this is why so many people were weary of the president speaking to their children in school.

Or maybe they are racists...Is this what you are insinuating?

[edit on 1-10-2009 by METACOMET]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
This is from a documentary about a Christian youth camp called Christians on Fire (I believe)

I am trying to find the video right now, the whole documentary is extremely disturbing.

EDIT: Its called Kids on Fire Summer Camp, and the documentary is JesusCamp.com

Watch the documentary it's insane, it's on Youtube and Google.

BEAUTIFUL 10 MINUTE EXAMPLE

[edit on 1-10-2009 by king9072]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Instead of Jesus Camp look for Obama Camps to be all the rage next summer. The only difference is Obama Camp will be mandatory and will be paid for with porkulus dollars.

Some people like to compare Apples and Oranges, I guess they don't know the difference? But hey! If it relieves their white guilt...go for it!

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

The difference here, as has been pointed out dozens of times now, the Jesus camp parents chose to put their kids into the Jesus camp

And school parents didn't put their kids into school?

C'mon, BH you can do better than this.

Surely, you understand that parents putting their kids into a religion-based (paid for with donations) camp can expect their kids to get religious "indoctrination", while parents putting their kids in a public (paid for by taxpayers) school might NOT expect their kids to receive political indoctrinations from either party.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

Paraphrasing Reagan: There you go again ...

Pointing out the HUGE difference between the two that no one can logically refute.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join