It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

taskbar icon for cable?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   
i finally was able to kill my dialup and get cable internet

anyways, i no longer have the icon in the taskbar that shows im connected to the internet. you know, the one that looks like two computer screens and they light up when you are uploading/downloading. is there no way to have that with a cable connection and windows98? or is there a good freeware that will help me monitor how fast my connection is.

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   
go into the control panel, right click on local area connection, then properties. A local area network properties window will pop up, towards the bottom theres a box where you can check off "show icon in notification area when connected".

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   
And the connection speed....you can go to www.dslreports.com... and test. Or a program to see how fast bits are flying into your computer www.dumeter.com...

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grommer
go into the control panel, right click on local area connection, then properties. A local area network properties window will pop up, towards the bottom theres a box where you can check off "show icon in notification area when connected".

im usually pretty good with computers but i just cant figure this one out. i dont see the things youre talking about in the control panel. i took a screen shot,
so maybe you can see what im talkin bout

[Edited on 16-5-2004 by chrisnolefan]

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I use Win XP, this is an image of my LAN properties below. You can see the icon button at the bottom. You use Win 98, it doesn�t look like you have this option.

[Edited on 17-5-2004 by kinglizard]

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Try selecting your network device...then maybe itll show up.

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia
Try selecting your network device...then maybe itll show up.

i already did so. maybe its not possible in win98. doesnt really make since that it can be done if you dial-up but not with LAN, but microsoft made it so they couldve just focked it up

new topics

top topics

join