It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Mulls Another Abridgement of The Freedom of Speech

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Here we go once again, folks . . .

White House considers restrictions on mobile devices while driving

WASHINGTON - With more drivers yakking on their cellphones or texting from behind the wheel, the Obama administration is taking its first hard look at U.S. highway hazards with an eye toward potential new restrictions on using mobile devices while driving.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

The restriction will include a limit on how much text can be transmitted while the texting driver is travelling through a school zone. The Obama admin. is considering an option where the message must not exceed the number of words the Bill of Rights is made of.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Precisely how are they going to enforce this, I would like to know. I've seen no drop in cell phone useage while driving since I see it all the time out there on the roads, so how can they stop this when it's easier to hide a cell while texting so it can't be seen?

Interesting to note that the video in the story is sponsored by AT&T, a cell company.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   
They already have something similar to this in California. Guess what? It don't stop nothing from nothing. I've seen COPS driving down the road yakking on their cell phones. This won't change anything.

Chrono

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoony
Precisely how are they going to enforce this, I would like to know. I've seen no drop in cell phone useage while driving since I see it all the time out there on the roads, so how can they stop this when it's easier to hide a cell while texting so it can't be seen?

Interesting to note that the video in the story is sponsored by AT&T, a cell company.

Oh, really? LOL.

It's just posturing. What is good for AT&T is good for America. The media just want to show that Obama cares. LOL.

How do you enforce a law? By a penalty when seen by a cop. If Obama can raise taxes on cigarettes, he surely knows how to raise the number on the ticket. BUT! The health industry defeated the tobacco industry, so Obama could act. But the telecommunication industry is running strong, so don't expect much from him in this department.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   
this is not an attack on the freedom of speech... it's common sense; get a grip and put your bloody phone down when you're driving

new topics

top topics

join