It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Obama violate the Constitution?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Sundancer

Coincidentally Sundancer that is exactly who I am referring to. I think that General McChrystal is being primed for a military coup leadership of the US.

There is something strange about the way the MSM are deifying him. Great articles

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by midnightbrigade

You bring up some excellent points. I think You should be wearing one of those one of those avatar's that read something about being a critical mind

reply to post by DarkStormCrow

I can see where Your coming from, but I do think there is a legality to this that cannot be ignored. It is puzzling that no other US President has held this position.

reply to post by DarkStormCrow

We obey the rules of the UN and if the rules of the UN allow this then its is not a violation of the Constititution as the Senate has already approved the charter.

See the problem with this is that the US American People are supposed to be the boss. I do not believe the US president is lawfully allowed to hold the office in question

reply to post by TheLoony

Hey, thanks for the kudos.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

The American people elected the Senate that approved the treaty did they not?

Or Shall we go back and put every treaty we have signed to a popular vote?

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Agreed, the United States participation in the United Nations is legal by an Act of Congress.

As for a Government Official holding the pro tempore title bequeathed by the United Nations, I do not think that is a legal violation of the Constitution.

The reason being is that this has already been covered in U.S. Code Title 22, ch7, subch XVI, 287. Representation in an Organization, Item F.

Nothing contained in this section shall preclude the President or the Secretary of State, at the direction of the President, from representing the United States at any meeting or session of any organ or agency of the United Nations.

U.S. Code Title 22c7xvi287. Representation in an Organization

Neither the President nor the Secretary of State need Congressional approval in the appointing of themselves as an ex officio as representative of the United States in any organ, commission, or other body of the United Nations.

[edit on 30-9-2009 by fraterormus]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

Heh, thanks for the compliment, but I'll never get one of those. I don't post enough, start enough threads, and too many mods dislike my humor

top topics

<< 1   >>

join