It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's A Matter Of Personal Responsibility.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by born2BWild

We each have a personal responsibility to defend the Rights as outlined be the grand creator(add whatever slave diety here that You choose) as outlined in the creation there of.

I agree with you here on advocating the rights of every citizen, yet are you personally propagating some sort of grand creator or diety? Or are you merely mentioning this based on trying to get a point across to the more spiritually or religiously orientated people. I'm not defining or rejecting any beliefs here, I'm just asking questions to better understand your point of view or stance on the situation.

[edit on 29-9-2009 by born2BWild]

No, no propagation here. Other than advocating People use, and demand their Rights I am not necessarily imho propagating anything. I know many People however, do believe in a set diety, or a grand creator; so I put that into parenthesis.

For myself? I am spiritual. I believe there is an order to the cosmos, and that there are different orders of intelligence. There are many lines of thought regarding Natural Rights.

Er, this explanation could go on for a while. No matter what anyone believes in, just by observing Nature will show where, how, and why We have Rights. The founding fathers were predominantly Christian, but made it clear where the Rights they simply enumerated, and placed on paper came from. It wasn't based off of a solely Christian view.

Or are you merely mentioning this based on trying to get a point across to the more spiritually or religiously orientated people.
To answer this question, it is yes, and no. Yes, I want all to realize that We are in a World defined by, and ruled over by set standards, and laws. I'm totally serious so no laughing, or much........
We are faced with serious laws daily that We must follow by the demands of the Natural World. We must inhale, and exhale. We must Eat, or die. We must keep Ourselves clean, or sickness can come in. We must be careful when walking because We are bound to the Earth by gravity; We can fall. We must defend Ourselves from any enemy.

See the "don't tread on me" flag used by the founding fathers. Think about what was declared by that flag, and all it did was post a rattle snake on a flag.

What about a rattlesnake? Well, it must follow similar laws to stated above, but a rattlesnake undeniably will defend itself by Natural Law should someone tread on their freedom to live.

Er, Okay, let me know whether I rambled, and confused You more, or possibly I explained something............

I always end up multitasking, and am doing it now

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Nice post, Sancho.
If I may help clear it up for some, and we are going down semantics road.
It is true, the founders did sacrifice, as did the veterans,(I'm one), of the wars fought against tyrrany. They did not 'get' us our rigths, they secured them from the despots they fought against. Despots who sought to deny us or some other people their rights.
Our rights were 'enumerated' in the U.S. Constitution, not given to us by that brilliant document.
As stated in the Contitution, we are all
endowed with certain inalienable rights, among which are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by LAUGHING-CAT

Our rights were 'enumerated' in the U.S. Constitution, not given to us by that brilliant document.
As stated in the Contitution, we are all
endowed with certain inalienable rights, among which are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

Absolutely, enumerated on paper, but are always with us because they are inalienable. Now, the I keep stressing Nature due to the very fact that People don't necessarily need to memorize the Bill of Rights, but simply observe the World around themselves; as they are truly defined.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
"the world is closing in, did you ever think that we could be so close like brothers

the futures in the air, can feel it everywhere, blowing with the wind of change"

"take me to the magic of the moment on a glory night, where the children of tomorrow share their dreams, with you and me."

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join