It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mysterious Stranger

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
This thread is about the prince of darkness himself, Satan. That put aside, let me say first a foremost that i do not believe in the bible literally, and do not believe in a devil or Lucifer. However i do understand the messages behind the passages, and although i dont take them literally i appreciate them as i would a story.

I have always had a fascination with the Fallen angel, ever since i read the bible for the first time. I have read countless books on satanism and the prince himself. I have also had the chance to read several of the rarer occult books within the library's of a few private collectors.

This bring us to Mark Twain, although Twain attempted to write a novel on Satan, called the Mysterious Stranger.

However twain could not grasp the concept of Satan, and would not live to finish his work and realize the concept and story of Satan.

THe novel was later finished by his editor, but did not live up to the late twains standards.

here is a short video from a Clay-animation film based on Twain, this segment was banned from TV in the USA since it was deemed "too disturbing for children"

I really like the concept that twain touches on, what do you think?

[edit on 28-9-2009 by phi1618]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Wow. That would be difficult for an adult who had not delved into these matters, let alone children. It would certainly give them the idea that satan was responsible for everything in their lives. No less an error than god being responsible for everything in our lives...if one chooses to differentiate between the two.

[edit on 28-9-2009 by liveandlearn]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I must ask how was this disturbing to children in the USA?
Was it disturbing because it showed dead bodies?
Was it disturbing because it mentioned Satan?
Was it disturbing because Satan's face is a bit strange in that it moves every few seconds (I admit, this creeped me out just a bit)
Was it disturbing because children are taught that God=good and Satan=bad, and it showed Satan creating life and flowers and fruits?
Or was it disturbing because it introduced the idea that life may be just a thought?

It wasn't a bad video. I was never a fan of clay-mation, but this was interesting. Although, I wouldn't call this thing Satan, because no other references to any religion are made past the name. The idea that life/death are all in our heads isn't impossible for me to grasp as long as I don't think too long about it. I start thinking: Ok, life is just a thought. How did I think this if Life is just a thought? Who's thought am I? How did I think that, if life is just a thought? How am I thinking this!?

It just gets worse from there

[edit on 28-9-2009 by fleetlord]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
clay mation IS satan. bringer of false light. jk. oh btw, that red head step child of a girl's left pony tail is an upside down cross. Oooo..

[edit on 28-9-2009 by thaknobodi]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this. I've been trying to remember what it was called for a very long time. I've never been much into claymations/cartoons but I like this one.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
That was ceepy.I do agree with you though.I believe there are evil forces of other worlds just not devil the bible talks about.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by phi1618

I have seen this too.

That satan character is creepy a bit.

[edit on 2/21/2010 by Shoomoo]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Supposedly serial killer Ricky Ramirez ("the night stalker") is a big fan of the Mark Twain story upon which this clip is based.

Make of that what you will.

Another thing to keep in mind is that the relationship between Satan and Lucifer is very hazy, depending on who you talk to. Some consider them seperate beings, others the same...its really not clear and there is a bunch of conflicting historical and theological documentation on the issue. I started a thread on it once and it seems everyone on ATS has their own pet theory about this so there's no point in arguing because disagreement seems eternal. But I've spent a lot of time wondering about the difference between "Satanism" and "Luciferianism."

And within "Satanism" you seem to have a number of sub-divisions. So-called Theistic Satanism worships Satan as an actual being and claims to have a longer and more authentic tradtional lineage than LaVeyan Satanism, which I think is what most people still think of when they think of "Satanism." The whole thing is confusing.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Apperently Chistianity has it's origins in Judaism.

Jewish believe of evil is the result of forsaking God.
And your going to love this !
While some forms of Judaism, do not personify evil these instead consider the human heart to be inherently bent toward deceit, although human beings are responsible for their choices, whereas in Judaism, there is no prejudice in one's becoming good or evil at time of birth. In Judaism, Satan is viewed as one who tests us for God rather than one who works against God, and evil, as in the Christian denominations above, is a matter of choice.
The prophet Isaiah implied that God is ultimately responsible for everything including evil

The One forming light and creating darkness,
Causing well-being and creating calamity;
I am the LORD who does all these. Isaiah 45 – 7

This is from Wikipedia. I confirmed it with the bible and a enceclopedia.

This must mean Christianity is above all else false about this part.

Was it disturbing because children are taught that God=good and Satan=bad, and it showed Satan creating life and flowers and fruits?

Not at all a weird idea.he is the princeof the Earth isn't he.

He offers Jesus to stay by offing him his lands.

top topics

join