It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran test-fires long-range missiles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   

(CNN) -- Days before a key meeting with Western leaders, Iran test-fired two types of long-range missiles Monday in part of what the Islamic republic called routine military exercises, its state-run media reported.

The tests drew condemnation from France, which noted through its Foreign Ministry that the action comes only a week after Iran revealed the existence of a covert uranium enrichment site.

"These tests can only reinforce the worries of countries in the surrounding region and the international community, especially as Iran is, in parallel, developing a nuclear program, with the existence of a clandestine uranium enrichment site having just been revealed," the ministry said.

Source

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
well even though some people seem to think that iran will NOT be attacked in the future...... the reasons that the TPTB are mounting and the average sheeple will beat the drums of war in no time.

i will be following this closely in the future, this is a big issue which could lead to war again.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by phi1618
well even though some people seem to think that iran will NOT be attacked in the future...... the reasons that the TPTB are mounting and the average sheeple will beat the drums of war in no time.

i will be following this closely in the future, this is a big issue which could lead to war again.

The new long range missiles can reach 5,000 KM. They can reach Russia, Isreal, and parts of Europe. I was watching it on BBC world news this morning.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Looks like Iran shelled out for the "expert" Estes kits. Let's see one of these things fly 5,000 KM and land somewhere near where it was supposed to before we start getting concerned.

Right now Iran reminds me of a kid that I knew in high school. Everytime he walked by me, he would flick my ear. Yes I know having my ear flicked didn't hurt me, but, it was sure annoying. One day I had had enough and when he flicked my ear I got up and beat the crap out of him.

Right now, Iran is just annoying. Sooner or later they are going to piss somebody off and get the crap beat out of them. I'd love to see the US shoot a dummy MIRV from a Trident sub in the middle of the Pacific and have it land right next to that lab that everybody is talking about. I don't want a nuke, just a dummy. The kinetic impact alone should be enough to get their attention.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by JIMC5499

Nice analogy but just what specifically has Iran done to warrant a preemptive strike thus far? Honestly? What have they done? Flooding Iraq and Afghanistan with jihadis and IEDs? Big Deal! We flood Mexico and Africa with guns and bombs on a daily basis.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

I don't want a pre-emptive strike. I said an inert warhead. I just want a small impact crater. I want them to see what a real missile system is capable of.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
So what's the big deal?,can't others arm themselves,suppose they are attacked? does every country have to be treated like little kids,and do what the US tells them,if that were the case look right next to them Isreal the amount of nukes they own are classified I've heard from 150 to over 600,I saw Hillary on TV commenting on this,well here we go another case of"Weapons of mass destruction"

new topics

top topics

join