It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They're torturing me, Honduras' Manuel Zelaya claims

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   

They're torturing me, Honduras' Manuel Zelaya claims

miamiherald

Honduras' fallen leader told The Miami Herald he is being subjected to mind-altering gas and radiation -- and that `Israeli mercenaries' are planning to assassinate him.

TEGUCIGALPA -- It's been 89 days since Manuel Zelaya was booted from power. He's sleeping on chairs, and he claims his throat is sore from toxic gases and "Israeli mercenaries'' are torturing him with high-frequency radiation.

"We are being threatened with death,'' he said in an interview with The Miami Herald, adding that mercenaries were likely to storm the embassy where he has been holed up since Monday an
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 25-9-2009 by sanchoearlyjones]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Hi ATS,

I am awestruck about this; those Israeli's strike again
No, only kidding. I don't know what to think about this other than possibly ousting Zelaya was good idea!

I have many Friends in Honduras, and most People didn't care for Zelaya. Most everyone I talk to from there mentions that he was a big time "narco", or drug trafficker. I donno, but that's what I hear. It does go against many of the conspiracy sites; which say it is a US backed coup, but from the People I talk to there, they are very happy with Zelaya being gone.

From a personal perspective Honduras was/is the text book example of an United States Banana Republic. Other countries in Central America have either in the past had their leader's ousted, and replaced with an US Banana Republic, or the countries were embroiled in decades of war trying to stop being run over by an US puppet govt.

Currently, Honduras is one of the last seemingly US controlled Banana Republics. There National Police which are stronger imho than the military are outfitted with the finest of equipment; all their side arms/long arms are of Beretta make,
and are new. They are also excessively corrupt, and I think it shows how the ole' saying of, "the sheeet rolls down hill" truly works. Not in any other Central American country I've been is as corrupt in general as Honduras.

Peace,

Sancho

miamiherald
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 25-9-2009 by sanchoearlyjones]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Zelaya was going to change the constitution, then Honduras would have had its own Chavez. Interesting to see where this goes, as US troops are in Columbia, and Chavez is pissed off at Columbia, the US and this Honduras military coup.

This may be another chess piece in the direction of the not so great game of world war, if Georgia-Russia becomes nasty again and we get no UN resolution on Iran because the Russian's and/or Chinese vetos it.

Oh and don't forget N.Korea are expected to test another nuke again very soon, whilst pretending to negotiate on the issue, and all of these anti-terrorism operations in the US may mean a few slip thru' the net, and Germany's election is soon with terrorist attacks expected there soon. Also Israel warned India of more Mumbai style attacks like last years.

It's all set up, whilst everyone chats nicely at the UN about reduction of nuclear arms, global warming and the economic situation.

[edit on 25-9-2009 by john124]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

Nice to see you, gentlemen.

I wonder what the deal is? I am not up to date on my latest Honduras politicians. So is he there because they won't let him leave? Because it sounds like they are trying to smoke him out. Why doesn't he leave? He thinks he will be the leader again if he hangs out a long time?

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by BaronVonGodzilla

funny You should ask. He came back on his by his own desire. Zelaya is held up in the Brazilian Embassy, and hiding there. Technically he isn't even on Honduran soil; as he is on Brazilian ground. Very odd really.

I guess the Embassy had power cut to it for a while in protest by the Military govt. of Honduras in place now; apparently it was negotiated back on. Dun dun dun

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Makes you wonder if Zelaya is smoking the same drugs as Chavez. They both talk complete sh*t!

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Toxic gases and high-frequency radiation -sounds like he's been doing the drugs he's been accused of selling

Didn't he force himself back into Honduras to begin with? When the military throws your butt out of the country it's usually a good idea to stay gone and count your blessings that's all they did.

Ninety-nine percent of Hondurans living here in the U.S. do not support Zelaya,'' said Francisco Portillo, president of the Miami-based Honduran advocacy group Francisco Morazan. ``We are discouraged that the world leaders have turned a blind eye to the fact that this man has broken our country's laws. What other alternatives were we left with?

So... The people of Honduras felt that when a government official broke the country's laws they had no other alternative than to throw the bum out of the country by force... Good job!

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sundancer
Toxic gases and high-frequency radiation -sounds like he's been doing the drugs he's been accused of selling
CUT...

Can't find it now... but there was a thread on ATS that wrote the following...
Rebecca Saxe, a neuroscientist has admitted that she was approached by officials from the pentagon with regard to her work on mind manipulation. The work she is doing relates to using electromagnetic fields to suppress specific areas of the brain and change the subject's ability to make moral judgements.

The admission is made in a TED talk which can be watched here:

ted.com

If you are not interested in listening to the whole talk (which is excellent) then you can skip straight to 13:50 where the admission is made.

My question is....

Are you saying such things as EMF harassment do not occur?

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Crying torture is the new cry wolf, everyone who is captured will be claiming torture for years to come...even when no one is probably going to be tortured (at least no one who can speak publicly.)

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Sundancer

Indeed, A person close to my wife has family back in Honduras. They had lost touch with them temporarily during the incident that kicked Zelayas out.

It seems to be common knowledge among the Hondurans that Zelayas was very deep into drug trafficking and severe corruption.

I don't know why anyone would try to defend him. Much less Hilary and our US Gov't.

It's infuriating to have our gov't turn a blind eye while Iran is in chaos over their elections, waiting for 2 weeks to comment about the elections and rioting in Iran; yet the day after Zelaya's was ousted (by unanimous agreement at all levels of gov't) absolutely in line with their laws!!! US Gov't is outraged at his ousting.

That sends a clear sign about our gov't on two levels.
They side with corruption and lawlessness.
They favor overruling Constitutional Documents that gave them power in the first place. Reasonable power ONLY. To govern responsibly and for the well being of the people.

Perhaps our military can straighten out our leaders...

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

Honduras is a good country with kind, loving people and yeah they have been on our side for along time. They were essential in helping us stop the Commies at the gate. This would be dictator asked for whatever he is getting, for trying to toss out the constitution.

I have family there and they have been down there making it a better place for all. Building schools and churches. I have watched them grow over the years. They love the U.S. and the fact that Obama wants to side with this scumbag former president is a wake up call to all here in the states.

Obama wants to buddy up to dictators and ruin our relationships with our long time allies. Its time for Obama to go.

top topics

join