It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you a Reservist and unemployed?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
This might be in the wrong forum, if so mods please find my thread a home.

If you are a Reservist and unemployed you might want to leave out the fact that you are a reservist out during your interviews.

I have been to three interviews in the past three weeks and each time they asked if I was okay with working weekends I told them I would require one weekend off a month to fullfill my obligations.

When I mentioned this fact I would get a weird look and the interview would end quickly afterward. They tell me that they would get back with me and with that I would be excused.

My recent one was for a posistion at Home Depot. The interview was going well as we talked about all the home improvements and odd jobs that qualified me for any job they had opened. We got to the area of my availibility and from there the guy who was interviewing me did a complete 180, basically he couldn't get me out of there fast enough.

So a heads up to all of you that are in the same boat as I am. Companies it seems don't want to give a posistion to anyone who might be called up to go overseas. If you get deployed then they will have to hold that job while you are gone. Apparently they don't like that.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Very interesting and sad at the same time.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

Its a mistake I made 3 times, but won't make again.

Just thought I could help someone out and keep them from making the same mistake.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Reply to post by jd140

Thank you, JD. That's very compassionate of you. You seem to be taking it well...or at least not expressing much anger. Sorry you had troubles man. I hope the next one goes really well for you. It's a good thing you just did.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

No reason to be upset about it. It happened and I can't change the fact so why be mad?

I just learned a lesson and passing it on.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a rule of thumb for any interview, tell them what they want to hear until your through the door.

afterward let them know your situation. Trust me they wont fire you then, however if you bring this up during the interview phase of hiring they will overlook or not even consider you.

top topics

join