It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Another Attack Sway Your Vote

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Being that the election is around the corner, I was wondering if any Bush Supporters would vote against him if there is another attack on US soil.

I personally think Bush is an idiot. I don't care much for Labels as far as right,left etc.etc. I just want someone who will Run the country forward, not into the ground as I believe Bush has done.

If another attack should happen, Wouldn't Everything he has done up to now be a waste of lives,time,money etc.etc.? His Presidential Claim is his War on Terror, Department of Homeland Security. He has run the Economy and defecit into the ground. He has led us into Iraq under False Pretenses, He can not answer Questions without being submitted beforehand. He has brought the great Patriot Act to us, that can take away any civil rights we should have.

His Administration is a mess from top to bottom. He doesn't want The World to know what happened on 9-11, conspiracy or no conspiracy. Meanwhile he has given a tax break to big business to put money back into the company to create jobs, but they send work overseas and get another tax break for doing so. I don't even want to talk about GAS, its just going to get higher.

I would like to see him send his daughters into Iraq to fight. Why was the operation for OBL cut down? He is responsible for 9-11 correct? But yet Sadamm was more of a threat. Matters in Iraq are much worse than before we entered, we have brought the battleground to Iraq.

I could go on a big rant, not like I didn't already, but I would like your input.

Why would you want someone who almost killed himself on a pretzel to run the US again?????

PS, I think Kerry is a Dimwit, but we see Bush can not do the job he has been court-appointed to do......

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I'll tell you a funny story. When 9/11 happened, I was stationed in Korea with the Army. It happened around 8 pm over there (we were getting ready to watch the 'Wizard of Oz' and play Pink Floyd's 'Dark Side of the Moon'). The next day, every one was volunteering to go to Afghanistan. Fast forward to Iraq. I'm now stationed at Ft. Bragg, NC, and everyone all of the sudden has old football injuries.

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Curme, Thank you for your Service, first of all.
I do believe we can Make the world a better place Militarily, but I don't think this is the way to do it.

I dont know how much you can say or answer, But

Has feelings really changed Quickly over the last month or so, or did you see it after the "WAR" was declared over?

I would have thought that Iran and North Korea were more of a danger to the World than Iraq. I think that we have seen that Urban Fighting does not fare well for the US. I very well could be wrong about this.

Would like your insight as a soldier.

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I love the fact that you brought up the pretzel thing.
but if you ask my opinion if there were to be an attack on us soil..... some of the people that are against him would vote for him because he would have to finish rebuilding the country. I could be wrong just my opinion.

BTW: I also hate bush

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I expect another incident while dumbfock is in office.
He wants to praise himself for picking up the pots and pans. Not dropping them in the first place.

Have we finally gone full circle, the apes are running the world.

If so..... send Nova my way.

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 01:58 AM
link   
How do you know if we have not averted several more attacks on US soil by what Bush has done?

Any government can only do so much. How many countries have these maniacs (Terrorists) attacked already? Now you are going to say the US is behind all of those attacks too?

[Edited on 16-5-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 02:16 AM
link   
If any attacks had been averted these chickenhawks would be flapping their wings like you have never seen.

Which maniacs are you talking about? U.S. or others?

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 03:45 AM
link   
"The more aggressively we use our power to intimidate our foes, the more foes we create and the more we validate terrorism as the only effective weapon of the powerless against the powerful." - John Brady Kiesling

Originally posted by Muaddib
How do you know if we have not averted several more attacks on US soil by what Bush has done?

Do you think that Bush wouldn't be up there praising himself and his wonderful administration for thwarting a major terror threat? I mean there hasn't even been any significant plot as such against the U.S since 9/11,(touch wood) don't you think that just maybe the administration itself uses fear of terror attacks itself for it's own benefits?

How many countries have these maniacs attacked already?

Afghanistan and Iraq. Yes thats right, attacked...it's sure as hell made the world alot safer right? What with all those happy muslim people over there who now love America/UK even more. ..

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I get my WAFFLES at waffle house not at the voting booth.
Bush - hes not perfect by a long shot, we still have a bloated government that spends to much money but one thing about him is that he has principles and sticks with them. Whether you agree with them or not the same cannot even remotely be claimed for sKerry.

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Considering that most people do not think that reason is the bedrock upon which we build our lives and reality, most would probably be swayed one way or the other.

Personally, emotion is the bain of reason and logic, so I would not be swayed.

On the other hand, I have not yet decided what I'll do when the election happens.

I don't want Bush, and I really don't want Kerry.

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 09:52 AM
link   

As people have answered, It would be a bonus in his pocket to claim that what he has put in place is working, and he should be re-elected. There has not been one, not one!!!, declaration by this administration that an attack on US soil has been thwarted. The DHS, does not even let the public know about situations till a month after the fact, ie- suitcases at Penn Station NY, Missing tanker in NJ, Missing Fuel Rods at Yankee Nuclear Plant in Vermont, the 4 mysterious divers in Florida, New York, and Hawaii, the list goes on.

Bush - hes not perfect by a long shot, we still have a bloated government that spends to much money but one thing about him is that he has principles and sticks with them.

Nobodys perfect. What he is doing has been under false pretenses. He has created more hatred towards the US with his actions. This is opening the window up for more terror against the US and intrests abroad. His principals have run this country into the ground. I give him credit for sticking to them, unlike Kerry's constant changing, but not at the expense of the citizens of The United States.

On the other hand, I have not yet decided what I'll do when the election happens.

I don't want Bush, and I really don't want Kerry.

You bring up a really intresting scenerio. This has to be the worst selection of canidates ever, or at least in my time (29 yrs old). I cant stand Bush, yet Kerry is a dimwit.

Very Out There Hypothetical: What if Nader Wins?
What if everone is like screw this and votes for Nader?
Either way things do not look good going into 2005.

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix
I get my WAFFLES at waffle house not at the voting booth.
Bush - hes not perfect by a long shot, we still have a bloated government that spends to much money but one thing about him is that he has principles and sticks with them. Whether you agree with them or not the same cannot even remotely be claimed for sKerry.

Bloated govenment? Bush made that bloated government! Spends too much money? Do you know how much of a deficit we are in? How many years it's going to take to recover from Bush's economic policies that only benefit the top 1%?
ABC
The Economist
The Weekly Standard
National Review
World Net Daily

Bush is so spineless the only thing holding him up is Cheney. We need someone like Kerry who has the cojones to get this country back on track. Bush's credibility gap is just too huge.

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by curme
Bush is so spineless the only thing holding him up is Cheney. We need someone like Kerry who has the cojones to get this country back on track. Bush's credibility gap is just too huge.

I don't care how much someone hates Bush, NO ONE can say that Kerry has balls.

He is first and foremost, a poll pandering, sway in the wind, speaks to his audience type.

That's not balls, that's politics.

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Especially how the intel services had plenty of advanced warnings about a plane attack on American targets.. yet they just sat around.

I am reading a book written by a former case officer See no Evil by Robert Baer who talks about how the CIA was ruined by self interest and political correctness and the big business. Good book, check it out if you have the time.

And all people can do is go "Kerry-Bush-Kerry-Bush" and never focus on the aspects of improving society. You really think it matters who gets into office? These guys are both big money/big business.

[Edited on 16-5-2004 by RedOctober90]

top topics

join