It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Personal Meaning

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   
When I became a member of ATS in April I was awe struck for days... I could not believe the wide variety of content available here. Having came from another discussion forum, just to check things out, I was held captive by the quality and vastness of this site.. and I admit it I became addicted... who hasn't?

I was most impressed with the news and current events discussions and the intellect available in the many MANY posts I found. I admit it I am a news junkie.

I have been able to post in many forums on many topics here.. and each time I've posted anything it was a great RUSH seeing my words in text and to see others interact with it... It is like communication on a whole new level.

I want you to know what ATS has really meant to me...

I have been dealing with a lot of stress and heartache, and for me ATS has saved me in many ways... saved me from the hours I was spending contemplating the loss in my life.. despair over the future, and just deep emotions that have wrecked me in so many ways.

I have been able to form a new outlook on life by interacting with others here... In fact I even went out for a dinner date tonight.. The first time I have really done anything like that in 4 years.

I am starting to feel alive again.. and as hard as it may seem to believe ATS has helped me find that feeling again.

I know it is just a web site.. But to me it has been so much more.

Through interaction and hours of reading here I was able to break the grip depression and despair had on me... I was truly living in my own prison.

I was so full of my self loathing and self pity that I had forgotten there was a whole world out there.. I never thought the first steps back to that world would be on the internet, and though a web site such as this.. But that is the way it happened.

For me AboveTopSecret.com has been really good medicine. I hope this site is available to me for the rest of my natural life... Because I am addicted.. And the medication for now is free.

Thank you ATS... for existing in such grand form. And thank you all for letting me be a part of it.

Gazz

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Awwwww....you shouldnt have [blushes]

Its very addicting aint it?? Weve all been struck wit ATSitus in our stay here. Its uncurable...and if there was a cure SimonGray would track down the creator of it and skin him alive for trying to get ppl away from his wonderful site

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   
See, something good can come out of a bad thing

I have enjoyed reading your content on this site. To me, you stepped right in like you have been here since day one.

By they way ATSA Meetings are held in chat on Tuesdays and Thursdays @ 7:30 PM. You can chair the next meeting....

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Gazz,

I am so happy that you found a way out of the darkness. This site really does help to see that there are a lot of intelligent interesting people in the world and that its worth going out to meet some of them. I hope you continue to feel better and accomplish all your goals in life. I�m very happy you joined this community because of your contributions and insights; you definitely have much to offer. Keep on keeping on��

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I'm so happy for you, UM_Gazz.

Isn't it wonderful how we seem to be drawn to the very thing we need the most at a low point in our lives? We can bury ourselves in the new interest and suddenly one day realise we are passed the very worse and can start to move on with our lives.

My very best wishes to you! I hope you have many more dinner dates.

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 01:00 AM
link   
UM_Gazz - Great story. As you propel yourself out of the blackness of despair you will see a wider and greater world. And in this new arena you will be able to give back as much as you were given. Keep strong.

cheers
ktpr

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 01:05 AM
link   
UM_GAZZ thank you for sharing that!

I feel like ATS is my home, and my community. And it doesn't strike me as odd that I don't know what any of you look like, because I am learning your mind...and isn't that the REAL you?

I'm glad you are here.

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 01:21 AM
link   
But ATS is not just a web site. These are real people here, with real feelings and real ideas, and real thoughts about the way our lives are. And thanks for adding your own too. That was beautiful UM_Gazz...What a wonderful thing this place is. Thanks to Simon Gray, the man who brought this place into existence and spoke the words, deny ignorance.

May everyone come out of their shells and open up their true selves. Live, love and learn. And join in the fun!

Oh and thanks to the mods and the posters and the....

[Edited on 5/16/2004 by SamaraMorgueAnn]

new topics

top topics

join