It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India Discovers Water on Moon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
India Discovers Large Quantities of Water on the Moon

"Data from the Chandrayaan-1 spacecraft also suggests water is still being formed on its surface.

It is believed that the water is concentrated at the poles and possibly formed by the solar wind.

The finding was made after researchers examined data from three separate missions to the moon.

The reports, to be published in the journal Science on Friday, show that the water may be moving around, forming and reforming as particles become mixed up in the dust on the surface of the moon. "

I find it very strange that India has been able to make this discovery, even though there have been many US and Russian probes to the moon. Does this add credence to the hypothesis that the US space program is hiding scientific information from us obtained from the moon, Mars and other planets and their satellites?

Which adds to the suggestion that life might be quite prevalent in our solar system, even if it is only primitive forms like lichens as an example.

This doesn't mean that Michael Shermer will discover bipedal primates munching away in lunar banana plantations. But it might mean that intelligent life from the earth or other planets and star systems may be able to sustain themselves on the moon or on other planets in our solar system.

[edit on 24-9-2009 by bluestreak53]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
To me it means the two major superpowers on this rock (3rd rock) may be hiding something in conjunction with each other. Although on the outer appearance they always seem to be on the brink of another cold war, I think this truly is their' world stage for the most part. When was the last time you've heard about a Major Conflict between the U.S.A. and Russia?? South Odessia? Just a cover. . . which sucks because this cover up has evidence of the U.S.A. being apart of it. . . maybe even starting an authorized attack!

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by bluestreak53

um did you watch the documentary on the science channel? it was called Direct From The Moon. it was in full HD and showed the darkside of the moon, the science behind its design and why the light side is different then the darkside ( heavy metals pulled to one side of the moon) in the show they also tell of russia's probe that was there for 16 months right after we landed on the moon.

I have not watched it in awhile but I know that water was detected there for a long time, they even talked about making a machine that could take water from the soil for later moon missions.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I predicted this a long time ago. Disclosure is happening, but in very small steps. It's all part of the plan.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by bluestreak53

no nothings being hidden, even the moon rocks brought back from the moon showed them to contain trace amounts of h2o but they couldnt rule out terrestrial contamination, also cassini detected similar signatures from the moon 10 years ago as it was on its way to saturn.

the recent missions are the most comprehensive study of the moons composition giving the most accurate information to date.

and while this was an indian probe it was a nasa instrument on board that took these measurements. Thats why nasa will be holding a press conference about it too.

[edit on 24-9-2009 by yeti101]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Check this video from Space.com , it gives the run down on the Scientific reason for water on the Moon , also mentions helium 3 , the real reason for the race back to the Moon
Space.com

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

join