It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does this tell you ??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I used to be in love with America

I was in love with the idea of moving to NYC...

Now i won't even consider it anymore, your tax laws are completely and utterly insane, and to become a permanent resident / citizen of the U.S is like signing a tax death contract that will destroy you.

I mean the US even taxes you when you leave the US to go live and work somewhere else....insane!!

never mind all the other crap going on there now...

I have decided to move to and live in Hong Kong instead of NYC....

What does that tell you ?

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SkitzoFrenic

to be honest with you i would say nobody really cares.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   

tells me you rather pack up and leave than fight for what you love.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I was born in South Africa, and left to live in Australia...

I've never been in the US

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by whatshenneping

wasnt it Kenny rogers that sang "know when to hold em know when to fold em know when to walk away and know when to run"

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I don't know- what does it tell us

That you like Hong Kong more than NYC?

[edit on 23-9-2009 by lifecitizen]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

you never count your money
when your sitting at the table
there'll be time enough for countin
when the dealin's done

so far,...... i think........it means ,,,, that a move from where ever you be
at right now, to hong kong makes 3lord think of kenny rogers songs.
now, what did i win?

oooh yesa! iii dink youa gonna rika you new name

Skitzo. Kowloon

here's something we hope you'll really like:

have a safe trip please. and don't foget to call us when you get there.

[edit on 23-9-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   

What does it tell us?

That you're smarter than the New Yorkers.

Do what you think is best for you, Skitzo. Kowloon is a great place to visit. Maybe we can get our poop together soon, and you'll decide differently.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
It tells us that you are day-dreaming and need to wake the [bleep] up. Every country has its problems. Have you seen Denmark's taxes or any other European country with, despite how great the services are, they have very high taxes in some of those countries. You will definitely find something wrong with EVERY government in EVERY country you go to. It is a question of which can you tolerate the most. Government is control so it depends on what type of control you want to be hindered by. At least in America, if you get enough people together to shove the government, it will comply.

[edit on 23-9-2009 by DevilJin]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
It tells me you must love chicken fried rice!

Seriously dude,enjoy your stay.Watch out for the Triads!

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Who cares, in the end less immigration will make America stronger. We're tired of being the breadbasket of the world and having everyone coming to live here. Leave America alone and let us rebuild it ourselves and enjoy it for ourselves for once. I'm from NYC and couldn't care less to even visit Hong Kong or Australia let alone live there.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by rufusdrak

right on brudda. yeeehaw git dem varmints outta dere.

That's some "ignant" sheet right there. lol seriously you cant believe that. seriously....i mean come on? your joking right?

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Just come to Florida we take everyone. It'll be great! You dont have to pay taxes and you can get any job you desire without experience. Like being able to go to the doctor? Well no problem we will give you free health care and you can get govt assistance as well. Dont worry you wont be paying many taxes because you arent a citizen but you will still live very nice, even nicer than some Americans.....OK so that was a bit of sarcasm but no I see your point
I live in the US and want to move out. I am looking more towards France though but its very hard to be able to stay there esp when you are American
but this place is not for me and I want to be out of here in a couple years right after I am done with school. Its gone to crap here!

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

you win an all expense paid trip to NYC. where you get to bunk up with rufusdrak. He will show you around the hood while detailing the importance of personal hygiene. Oh yes and a free i love new york T-shirt.

If your unsatisfied with the prize please write a email to [email protected] detailing your concerns and a reply email will be sent back to you post haste.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
It tells me you have a spare green card! If you don't want to go, can I have it?

I lived in Minnesota for some time and enjoyed it thoroughly. Wouldn't mind going back. I'm already getting taxed on stuff in the UK (sometimes two or more times on one object), who I pay my tax to is of little consequence to me

top topics

join