It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Grey Alien Agenda MYTHOS

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7ed6f4f853fc.gif[/atsimg]

As of recently there has been a lot of commotion around ATS about aliens as a result of the google logos being put up. So I thought I would make this thread explaining the psychosis people get themselves into around popular culture and the influence the media has on our minds.

This thread will examine the effects of popular literature above all else on our minds and psyche, and how this all ties in the ever so colorful “Grey Agenda”.

Lets start small with a little literature by H.G Wells ( the guy who created war of the worlds )

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7aff7a60bbfb.jpg[/atsimg]

in the article "Man of the Year Million" in 1893, describes humanity transformed into a race of gray-skinned beings, stunted and with big heads.

And

"The First Men in the Moon" in 1901, Selenites, or natives of the moon are described as having gray skin, big heads and big black eyes and wasp stings.

+++++++++++++

OK so that’s out of the way, let bring up the first “real” grey alien abduction reported:

The couple's story, commonly called the Hill Abduction, and occasionally the Zeta Reticuli Incident, was that they were victims of a UFO abduction. Theirs was the first widely-publicized claim of alien abduction, adapted into the best-selling 1966 book The Interrupted Journey and a television movie.

In 1965, newspaper reports of the Betty and Barney Hill abduction brought Greys to international attention. The alleged abductees, Betty and Barney Hill, claimed to have been abducted by Greys and taken to a saucer-shaped spaceship in 1961. From a star chart reported by Betty Hill, an elementary school teacher and amateur astronomer, Marjorie Fish, concluded that the home planet of the Greys was located in the Zeta Reticuli system - they are therefore sometimes known as Zeta Reticulans.

This happened in 1965, sixty four years after “The First Men In The Moon” was published by H.G. Wells. This brings up the question, where the Hill’s influenced by Wells’s book, and in turn wrote their account based on it………passing a work of science fiction as fact?

And was their incident the catalyst which gave rise the multi-million dollar industry that revolves around all things alien? The X-Files, the merchandise, the movies, the books, the gathers???

On top of all of this in 1947 that little thing know as the Roswell Incident occurred.

The Roswell UFO Incident was the alleged recovery of alien debris, including corpses, from an object which crashed near Roswell, New Mexico, USA, on or about July 8, 1947. Since the late 1970s the incident has been the subject of intense controversy and the subject of conspiracy theories as to the true nature of the object which crashed. The United States military maintains that what was actually recovered was debris from an experimental high-altitude surveillance balloon belonging to a classified program named "Mogul", however many UFO proponents maintain that in fact a crashed alien craft and bodies were recovered, and that the military then engaged in a cover-up.

Since the late 1970s exactly five years after the Hill incident, the alien craze hits and people begin to look into the reported crash and salvage of a UFO craft in 1947. And behold, the Roswell incident is depicted with couldn’t less images of grey type alien bodies and such.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/09f58fabf457.jpg[/atsimg]

Now an entire sub-culture is built around the Roswell incident, and people begin serious investigation into the UFO/Grey phenomena. Countless books are written, movies are made, a lot of money is made. Whistle blowers come forward giving seminars and selling books about what they “know”. Abduction reports rise, people begin to identify alien as being Grey with large eyes, and some make money off of this, while others get ridiculed ( personally I think those who do not seek money are A.] Insane and need help 2.] possible where abducted by aliens and subconsciously labeled the ET’s as grey, or 3.] are suffering from night terrors.)

++++++++++++++++++++

Now lets compare this to another famous author who also started a similar craze, except In the occult field.

H. P. Lovecraft's name is synonymous with horror fiction; his writing, particularly the "Cthulhu Mythos", has influenced fiction authors worldwide, and Lovecraftian elements may be found in novels, movies, music, comic books and cartoons. Many modern horror writers, including Stephen King, Bentley Little, Joe R. Lansdale, Alan Moore and Neil Gaiman, have cited Lovecraft as one of their primary influences.

Many people sto;; believe that things such as the necromonicon which was popularized by Lovecraft actually exist ( among other things ). This is simply myth and the Lovecraft following and mythos is very reminiscent of the mythos and delusion caused by the inception of the “Greys” .

ALL OF THIS WAS DONE FOR ONE REASON, ……. MONEY.

There was money to be made and people took advantage of others to make it. Similar to someone saying they had seen “Cthulhu”, someone might say they saw a “Grey”….who do you believe.

The answer should me neither.

Delusions of the mind…that is my opinion, placing something we may have been exposed to as the only sensible explanation for occurrences which our mind is unable or not ready to comprehend.

I am not denying alien life in any way and personally believe we are no alone…but I just don’t think they are grey

Please feel free to add opinions to this, agree or disagree but please look at what ive presented and take it into consideration.

-------------
Sources

Lovecraft wiki
Roswell Wiki
Grey Wiki

[edit on 22-9-2009 by phi1618]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Well, I can certainly understand your take on this and it fits the idea of mass manipulation of the public conciousness through marketing and media. Still, I have to say that these ideas of what aliens look like seems to stem from something older. I'll have to try digging to find some pics, but I seem to recall cave paintings and other stuff from the far past that depicted large headed big eyed humanoids.

Course I might just be remembering stuff poorly. It's been a day...

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I've recalled having met some that were black with unicorn type horns and whiskers like Catfish, Does that help

I think Adolf Hitler reportedly saw these in his bedroom at night. They're not very tall either. The other thing I recall is that apparently some of these mask their true appearence in some way, such as with costumes as if reptilian.

Someone is apparently using some type of special effects.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
Well, I can certainly understand your take on this and it fits the idea of mass manipulation of the public conciousness through marketing and media. Still, I have to say that these ideas of what aliens look like seems to stem from something older. I'll have to try digging to find some pics, but I seem to recall cave paintings and other stuff from the far past that depicted large headed big eyed humanoids.

Course I might just be remembering stuff poorly. It's been a day...

hehe yes i am aware of cave paintings and such, but i personally dont think that can be attributed to the grey phenomena.

I was look more at time frames and when this idea of grey aliens was popularized by entertainment and authors...

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by aleon1018

LOL.. not likely.. I was being somewhat serious. Don't matter... what I remember is just supposition till I back it up... take it for what it is worth in USD.

[edit on 9-22-2009 by rogerstigers]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by aleon1018
I've recalled having met some that were black with unicorn type horns and whiskers like Catfish, Does that help

I think Adolf Hitler reportedly saw these in his bedroom at night. They're not very tall either. The other thing I recall is that apparently some of these mask their true appearence in some way, such as with costumes as if reptilian.

Someone is apparently using some type of special effects.

pictures or it didnt happen

Also this could classify as mythos as there is no proof whatsoever of this.

As for masks, personally i think when people have a genuine ET abduction they see greys since it is what they mind is programmed to see...the et may or maynot be grey.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by phi1618

Yeah, that is a valid and reasonable assumption. We are actually fairly easy to program, especially when under the influence of psychotropics. Wouldn't be hard to convince us of anything, really, and if grays are faked via men in costumes, it would bne a pretty inexpensive operation. Gray jumpsuit round head big black glass eyeholes. Plenty of room to hide a respirator and radio gear, too.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
grrr. doublty click

[edit on 9-22-2009 by rogerstigers]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

Begs the question wether out government could be behind all the Grey abduction.

We know they have aircraft 20 years or more ahead of what we are using now. Id say its a very probably assumption that the government is running tests on the population under the guise of Grey aliens.

We could be a watchmem type scenario in the future if the above is true ( comic book scenario not the movies....which ended terribly and ruined to plot )

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by phi1618

As I've stated ad infitum here and in many other UFO forums starting in the '90s, grey or any color aliens are human-constructions. Look at the pulp mags from the 1930s. Some of the covers feature bug-eyed aliens performing medical examinations on human victims.

The Hill "abduction" happened in their minds, Betty's more than Barney's. Dr Simon stated that he didn't accept or believe that their experience was real but based on Betty's UFO involvement way before their alleged abduction, and partially from "THE OUTER LIMITS." A sleeping mind, similar to a mind under hypnosis is impressionable and can be fed material which later will emerge as memories. Betty spoke in her sleep. Her involvement with UFO groups possibly programmed her nocturnal utterings. Look for my other comments regarding Barney and "THE BELLERO SHIELD" or look up Martin Kottmeyer's "THE EYES THAT SPOKE." And look up google images under that title.

There is no irrefutable evidence that the Roswell "crash" had anything to do with a real UFO. Believers will not accept the true accounts because they would have to give up years of beliefs. Ask any cult deprogrammer how difficult it is to deprogram a cult victim and they'll tell you it's not impossible but it is difficult. Getting to the truth behind Roswell requires more research than most anyone is willing to do. Believing a fantasy is easier and less time consuming than researching!

Then you have Whitley Strieber and his "COMMUNION" book cover. Mostly because of that book cover. How did Whitley know what Joan Rivers would look like in the future? www.tmz.com...

Only thing I know is that UFOs are real. Everything else is up in the air!

P.S. Let's not forget the Men In BLACK!

[edit on 22-9-2009 by Skeptical Ed]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by phi1618

Excellent theory my friend. I disagree however, as I think it EXTREMLY unlikely that the millions of reported abductees, certain government reports, and ancient drawings are related to your theory. Some of the 'abductions', sure, but around 20% can not be explained away by that in my humble opinion. Here are some ancient paintings and carvings:

This one is from the ancient Sumerians...

This one is from Tanzinia....

This one from Sego Canyon,Utah(estimated 5500 years old).....

This one from Val Camonica,Italy......

This one is from Death Valley........

This from Tassili,Africa(6600 BC)......

Kimberly, Australia..5,000 years ago:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e59bffdb50ca.jpg[/atsimg]

I know the story behind the Kimberly paintings well, however I think the story adds even more evidence of a possible alien connection.

Images courtesy:crystalinks.com

[edit on 9/22/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Skeptical Ed

thanks for the great add, yes i believe as you do that there are no greys and anyone who says they have seen them are delusional ( be it self induced or indusced by a 3rd party ). ( or suffering from night terrors )

a good example is this video:

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by phi1618

Pictures
I don't even think I could draw them. There have been a few I recall without ears, nose and teeth. There were a few that did have some white hair and features very similar to the Tales from the Crypt puppet.

I wouldn't doubt there are special effects hollywood style masking and even large moveable puppets and figures that can give the illusion to some people under some type of dumbed down influence like a dream state. I recall I couldn't even place them as what we think of as alien while I was under their or someones influence.

I've recalled a few apparent glitches in their special effects as if using holograms or even through my own vision. I've recalled a glimpse of supposed friend who was using a manican arm and a small rake for a few seconds.

There were odd things in my room that weren't there before as if props. One was as if some alien/reptilian suit with scales like mother of pearl. When filled with paper it looked like the Geico lizard about 4.5 feet tall. Very well made, but it had a zipper which made me think it was manmade.

Pictures of possible special effects doesn't prove much either. It could just be a real HOAX. X-files did quite a few episodes on your topic.

Disinformation of disinformation etc.

Some way or another, it's special effects and mind control.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Sure i agree, the 20% that cannot be explained away could be government run tests under the guise of greys. The image of a grey is one of the most recognized symbols of our western culture. It wouldnt be hard to drug someone and plant the suggestion that their examiner was a grey alien.

this doesnt fall beyond the realm of possibility.

As for the cave painting, they could be anything. The last one could be spirits or ghosts or ancestor worshiping.

The rest could be explained away, and in the end dont provide much to the argument that greys exist.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by phi1618

yes i believe as you do that there are no greys and anyone who says there are are delusional.

I think it is best to become more familiar with the subject matter before jumping to such rash statements. I think it could be best to do a little more research into the alien abduction phenomena (as well as "Skeptical Ed", or anyone so quickly dismissing it and a relation to Greys) before so blatantly jumping to conclusions and stating them so easily as "irrefutable fact".

Again, I am not being rude, I am just giving some advice here. This whole abduction phenomena and Grey alien relevance is something that takes more than a quick Google or wiki to research.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

hehe what i meant was "anyone who claims to have seen a grey is delusional" my mistake. Dang one word was missing lol lemmy edit.

i was referring to abductees.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

indeed i agree, im not disputing the fact that people get abducted by alien, as i have not done enough research to draw that conclusion. I believe in ET visiting earth and such during ancient times.

however.

I do not think greys exist, i believe their features where socially programmed into people through TV/Books/culture in order to hide a much greater truth, that we are bring experimented on by the government.

If someone said " men in with CIA badges anal probed me" they would get take seriously....now if someone said "Grey Aliens anal probed me!" they would get locked up.

Perfect cover, ingeniously implanted into the youth over the years.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by aleon1018

Some way or another, it's special effects and mind control.

So you have came to this definite conclusion based on what proof? Is it enough to discount the countless reports of Grey beings from people who have been checked out by professional psychiatrist and were deemed just fine, not insane?

What kind of evidence for "mind control" do you have? Do you have any type of reports or documents to counter the EXTREME amount in favor of Greys?

Disinformation? Again, do you have any type of countering evidence that holds weight? Something that is stronger than the many cases involving legitimate people?

In all honesty your personal stories, just from the brief insight given, seem to point to sleep disturbances. They appear nothing like classic abduction scenarios.

Reply to post by phi1618

I am not just talking about ancient times, I am also talking about today, the last 60 years, etc. The Hill case is MUCH more in-depth than you pointed out, the "alien interview" is MUCH more in depth than you pointed out. Have you seen the entire 60 minute piece? Have you seen the follow-up? Have you investigated the Betty Hill Star Map?

Again, I am not being mean here, I am just pointing out that there is much more to this than a simple bit of research over a day.
Another interesting fact is why the MO is the same in nearly all cases? Have you researched the Walton abduction? The polygraph tests? What about the Kathy Cahill abduction? Grace Askew? What about the Pier Fortunato Abduction in Italy? There are MANY more, I do not have the time right now to go in-depth for you so I will present these videos, which are 5 of the best abduction accounts. I would watch them, then you may see there is indeed more here then meets the eye.

The Jesse Long and Travis Walton Cases:
The Jesse Long abduction is something straight out of “The X-Files” and is the most chilling continuous abduction case I have seen.It involved not only him,but his brother as well.The Travis Walton case is the longest singular abduction I know of,lasting five days and is equally as chilling.Both of these cases provided evidence afterwards in one form or another.You will see what I mean below.

The Betty and Barney Hill Case
This is the most famous abduction case and the first recorded abduction in US history.This case also provides evidence in the form of a star map drawn by Betty Hill.For a current discussion on the star map you can go here.

This above was part one of five, the Hill case is only one of a few covered.

The Kelly Cahill Case
This is a newer case that occurred in 1993 and was confirmed by other eyewitnesses.

The Grace Askew Case
This is the newest ‘major’ abduction account.This also was confirmed by her husband and son,as well her girlfriends.The events did not stop after the first incident and became very close to home as we will see.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

The main underlying thing beneath all your info is trust, your trusting their stories and accounts.

im not doubting alien abduction here, im doubting the existence of greys.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
reply to post by phi1618

yes i believe as you do that there are no greys and anyone who says there are are delusional.

I think it is best to become more familiar with the subject matter before jumping to such rash statements. I think it could be best to do a little more research into the alien abduction phenomena (as well as "Skeptical Ed", or anyone so quickly dismissing it and a relation to Greys) before so blatantly jumping to conclusions and stating them so easily as "irrefutable fact".

Again, I am not being rude, I am just giving some advice here. This whole abduction phenomena and Grey alien relevance is something that takes more than a quick Google or wiki to research.

You don't seem to understand that it is very easy to dismiss reports of aliens and, particularly, alleged alien abductions. Why? Because we have NEVER been shown any irrefutable evidence. What has been offered suffers and could never be admitted in a court of law. What we really have from the "abduction victims" is hearsay.

I once had the following experience: I used to sleep on my stomach. One night, I "awoke" to find myself on my stomach, paralyzed, and on my back a weight. I also heard a horrendous noise. I tried to call to my nephew who was sleeping in the next bedroom, and we both had open doors, but I could not activate my voice and I was freaking out. I did not actually see anything. I eventually fell asleep and awoke only with the memory of a nightmare and I have never slept on my back since then.

Fortunately, when I awoke and remembered my experience I also remembered that I was familiar with the "old hag" tale and I knew I had had such an experience. That was approx. 35 years. No recurrence.

It's a common episode in humans. But not all are familiar with it so when they have a similar experience they cannot reconcile it with knowledge and because of the popularity of alien abductions they convince themselves they also had one.

You don't hear about daylight abductions and when you do it's usually a hoax such as Travis Walton. Abduction tales are given credence by the mention of names such as Budd Hopkins, Whitley Strieber, David M. Jacobs and John Mack.

Budd Hopkins is not a mental specialist, he was an artist (painter).
Whitely Strieber was an author of novels and a catholic ("Communion" is a
catholic ritual)
David M. Jacobs is NOT a good hypnotist and this results in "positive"
results.
John Mack was fooled by a student that James "The Amazing" Randi
planted and Mack didn't accept that he was being fooled.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join