It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cancer Cured in Canada, But Big Pharma Says NO WAY!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
One problem is the toxicity of DCA

A controlled clinical trial of DCA for the treatment of congenital lactic acidosis in children found that the drug was well tolerated at a dose of 12.5 mg/kg every 12 hours and blunted the increase in circulating lactate following a meal [5]. Patients received placebo for 6 months and then were randomly assigned to receive an additional 6 months of placebo or DCA. However, the drug failed to improve neurologic outcome. The efficacy of DCA was also evaluated for the treatment of mitochondrial myopathy, encephalopathy, lactic acidosis and stroke-like episodes (MELAS) [6]. The clinical trial ended early because of onset or worsening peripheral toxicity; all 15 of 15 patients randomized to DCA (25 mg/kg/day) were removed from the trial compared to 4 of 15 patients randomized to placebo. The authors concluded that DCA-associated neuropathy dominated the assessment of any potential benefit in MELAS.

www.highlighthealth.com...

Perhaps more testing is in order to find out how it can be used in such a way to avoid the toxicity.

[edit on 9/22/2009 by Phage]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by angelx666

Chemotherapy and radiation therapy cured my cancer 22 years ago.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
theres no question about it being wrong
i wish we lived in a society where the government was actually out to help us, then they could use a small portion of the trillions theyve stole from us to cure millions of dying people
ive also heard that there already is a cancer cure and also for aids, but its held secret but the cia or something, i think i saw a video with david icke explaining that, but hes abit of a nutcase so who knows... but anyways im sure theres alot of this type of bull# that goes on secretly..
i dont think this world can function properly with money, it just drives people to be so greedy and not care about universal laws we should follow was humans
thats why were doomed

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
good thread tho,.. if someone i knew and loved had cancer, which is strange i have a family of about 50 on each side of my parents familys, and i got many friends, not one person i know has gotten cancer.. so its a different story for me, but if i got cancer, or my mom dad or sister, i would do whatever i possibly could to get this out and get the cure out

can you update the thread if any more news on this topic comes up??

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
great contribution ^_^ its nice to have people like you around man^^
and to the pharmas...they can suck my big fat ^#!^#$
S&F

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by juggalo77

Of course. There's no money in a cure. It's like consulting... if you can't be part of the solution, there's money to be made in prolonging the problem.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by FightThePower

yep i will definetley keep a check on this,and thanks for the replies i think this needs to be gotten out to people

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
There's a huge difference between a "cure" and an "effective treatment".

If you were to have cancer and made the choice to try this treatment, you could still acquire it no problem. They need hundreds of millions for a clinical trial to get it approved for cancer treatment, but that doesn't mean you can't find it to purchase today.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Hello, please is there anymore information about this old drug ? Is it easy to buy ? and where and how ? Possible of self administration ? Let's say this is a case of life and death... and I can't find much information.

If big pharma doesn't want to give it to me, I'll find it my self...

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Er...Canada has national healthcare, but it still doesn't matter then?

If the U.S implements a system at all like theirs, then it still will not matter.

In other words...Nelly sings..."MUST BE THE MONEY!!!!!!"

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by WeSbO

Before you go running out to look for it you really should do some research rather than basing that kind of a decision on a TV broadcast. The thing the TV broadcast misses is that the only testing of DCA for the treatment of cancer was on rats. Rats are not humans.

Dr Evangelos Michelakis is living every researcher's worst nightmare. The therapy he painstakingly studied, verified and re-verified, has been hijacked and risks harming the very people it was meant to heal.

www.nationalreviewofmedicine.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Yeah I guess I should sit around and wait to die while it's getting worse ...

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Congratulations ^_^. I love hearing about people who beat cancer.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by WeSbO

I'm sorry, I did not mean to sound callous. If you have exhausted other therapies without success, there is no reason not to try something else. But you should be aware of the side effects of any treatment, self administered or otherwise.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by WeSbO

yeh i dont advise self medicating but i do think the pharma company should put more into this and not use the money aspect as part of their excuse as not to research more into DCA or other treatments for that matter.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by WeSbO

if you look back on page 1 pancreas put a link in with alot of info on this drug,hope all goes well and like i said i will keep looking into this and hopefully get more info

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by juggalo77

DCA is undergoing clinical trials for cancer treatment.
www.depmed.ualberta.ca...

It has been used in trials for other conditions, those trials were stopped because of neurological side effects. I provided that information earlier.

[edit on 9/22/2009 by Phage]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   

There are all kinds of supposed "cures" online, so watch out. My wife has breast cancer, finished the lumpectomy, chemotherapy, and radiation. It was tough. Now she takes pills for reducing her estrogen level, and for minimizing bone loss.

Here's some info on the pill for reducing estrogen levels. She was prescribed Arimidex, 1 mg., daily. At that dosage, she was incapacitated. By cutting the dose in half (with a pill cutter), she has the same result without the side effects. Beware of "one size fits all" therapy.

She is alive and well, has about 2 inches of hair, and is looking forward to a long life.

Beware: if you think you are not likely to get cancer because it "doesn't run in your family," that's what my wife thought. She found the lump when it was about 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Fortunately, the cancer had not moved out of the breast... therefore, Stage II. If you wait, and it becomes Stage III or IV, you may die, may have to go through successive treatments, and may never get health insurance if you don't already have it. Cost to date: over $150,000, less than one year. We had health insurance through HealthNet, and they have been great.

Take my advice: stick to the proven therapy. It works. She has a 95% cure rate for the first 5 years. Hopefully, she will do as well as Phage.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I love it when the university in my city does such excellent research. Go U of A!
But, on the more serious side of things, of course they won't sell such an important advancement at "only pennies a day". Everyone knows this stuff is cheap, so if they tried to sell it for the exorbitant prices they want to, there would be outrage. So just not sell it.

On the darker side, look at our world. Take into account the unbelievably huge population our earth is supporting. Pushing 7 billion people now. How many of those people have cancer? How many people will die from their cancer? How many won't die if this treatment is applied? I don't want to sound cruel or harsh, and I fully understand the loss associated with this disease, but cancer seems to be Mother Nature's last fail safe. Cancer is basically the growth of a mutated cell, which never stops multiplying. Nature has order. Birth, life, death, everything contributing to a huge cycle. But humans are especially arrogant, and terrified of dying, which ironically enough, is only natural.
Maybe we should concentrate on making cancer easier to endure, not on curing it outright. Cancer happens, as sad and painful for all involved as it is. And this world truly can't afford to cure it, even if we could.

EDIT: I should also mention that many people beat cancer out of the pure will to live. This is truly exceptional and extraordinary, and never to be forgotten when thinking about cancer. Not all things are sure things.
EDIT 2: This little bit of mine is not reference to cancers like mesothelioma, which are caused by human meddling. Those types need the most capable treatment avaliable. We should atleast be able to fix our own mistakes. [I feel like an idiot with the edits, forgive me.]
[edit on 22-9-2009 by TheAmazingK]

[edit on 22-9-2009 by TheAmazingK]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   

I have a close friend that had lymphatic cancer removed with surgery and then followed up by radiation and chemo and he's cancer free after 2 years so far. He wouldn't have lasted more than a year without it though...

So radio and chemo have their place in treatment, but the side-effects are harsh. Nanotechnology is where the true cure lies...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join