It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eleven Million Dollars Found At Ground Zero?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I came across a pic taken by Joel Meyerowitz titled "The night they found eleven million dollars." First time I have heard about this.

The pic can be found at the link below.

11 Million Dollar Pic

Has anybody heard of this find and where the money was found? Whose money was it? or any other information concerning this money.

I also found an interview that he gives about WTC 6 and the cross at Ground Zero very interesting.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3cc788e80977.jpg[/atsimg]

When Frank, the man who found the cross, took me in to the interior of the Customs House [where it was found], what you saw was that a building that was eight or nine stories tall, a solid building, had had the top of the World Trade Center fall through it and crush the inside right down to the basement. ... On the way down, it had sheared off girders as it plummeted through. One of these girders was perfectly clipped, came away from its other attachments in this way that it left a perfect cross, equidistant from the center. It was standing there, erect, in the center of this space, where everything else was rubble.

www.pbs.org...

The above quote could also be a plausible explanation as to the giant hole that could be seen in WTC 6.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I remember hearing about this money that was found...but of course, the story was buried. But yes, it rings a bell. Keep searching this and see what you get. It will be interesting to say the least!

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThatDGgirl
I remember hearing about this money that was found...but of course, the story was buried. But yes, it rings a bell. Keep searching this and see what you get. It will be interesting to say the least!

The story was buried lol as was the money. I thought it was funny and I wonder who claimed the money. Or perhaps it went unclaimed, then the finder would be $11 million richer.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
And the other 149 billion in gold bullion is where?

O thats right, I bet it was vaporized just like all the pentagon wreckage right?

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   
11 million in cash is not actually an awful lot when you consider all the business that went on in those buildings every day... For some of those businesses that could basically of been the petty cash draw!! - And I don't think I'm kidding, when your dealing in billions - throwing down a half million dollar tip must be an everyday thing.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then
11 million in cash is not actually an awful lot when you consider all the business that went on in those buildings every day...

It's not even alot when you consider that the "put options" from the day of 9-11 on United and American airlines is estimated to have paid out 12 billion, or the billions Silverstein made, or the 700+ billion that we were robber of after the fact.

This 11 million is literally the crumbs left over from one of the largest heists ever perpetrated.
I find it hilarious, depressing, and confusing that people are so infuriated by this 11 million when it represents a handful of money that they accidentally overlooked, rather than getting mad about the main sum of money that was stolen.

[edit on 22-9-2009 by ashamedamerican]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   
this sounds more like religious propaganda to me

11 million dollars just happened to be under a giant christian cross;
yeah right......

[edit on 22-9-2009 by DjSharperimage]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by DjSharperimage

11 million dollars just happened to be under a giant christian cross;
yeah right......

No religious propaganda on my behalf. I never said the money was found under the cross. I am asking if anybody knows where this money was found or have any information on that money.

The cross was an interesting tale in the interview. The main point in the quote is the description the photographer gives of the giant hole in WTC 6.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I remember hearing something about that. I've been trying to find something about it, but so far I haven't had any luck.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   
At pretty well any point from between say, 1976 - 2001 there at any point in time was roughly $250 Million - $1 Billion in hard, cold cash was at the complex at any given point in time. Let's not forget about the gold bullion that sat near it.

It was not uncommon to go to that part of 5WTC and see boatloads of cash money on any given day. Mainly a storehouse for all of the money siezed by Customs in either trafficking, laundering, smuggling operations at any of our borders while investigating Latin American, European, Asain, African, American, Russian, Australian drug cartels, mafias.

The World Bank sits right down the street about 4 blocks in The Financial District-Downtown housing roughly $1 Trillion+ in pure, unadulterated gold bullion.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
So now that's literally cash floating around at the ground zero? And the hijackers' passports were also flawless. Why wouldn't all that paper have burned if the fires at ground zero were so hot to melt the steel like that computer model says?

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

It appears to have belonged to a Bank of America branch located on the 11th floor of one of the towers. It was in their vault, it was apparently heavily damaged.

The story is here www.deseretnews.com...

Thanks for the post, I had never heard of this either.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I knew allot of first responders and workers that suddenly were "gifted money" from their parents and paid off houses and got Cars that year etc, etc...

Most of these guys were from Brooklyn, what have you been thinking happened to the money

Seriously, I like to joke you know? I'm a joker, I didn't see nobody buy nuthin

I don't know Nuthin, Fugghedaboutit

new topics

top topics

join