It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TERRORISM: Thousands of Israelis Rally in favor of Gaza Pullout

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   
On Saturday many thousands of Israelis rallied in a massive show of support FOR the Gaza pullout, a move many see as a step toward peace with the Palistinians.

CBS NEWS

The Protest was led by the opposition Labor Party, as Palestinians marked the 56th anniversary of Israel's establishment.

As reported here at ATSNN in this report:

Israeli Likud Party Voters Say NO to Gaza Pullout

Prime Minister Ariel Sharon's Likud party rejected his plans to pull Israel out of Gaza on May 2, 2004.

As I am writing this report U.S. cable news channel Fox News is reporting new helecopter missle strikes in Gaza. In contrast to the massive protest reported above...
(More)
MSNBC.com

[Edited on 17-5-2004 by Nerdling]

Q

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Yup yup. Disengagement is the way of the future there.

Likud thought it would throw some weight around by voting this down, but the populace is overwhelmingly behind it. This is the voice of the majority of Israelis you hear at this protest.

Personally, I'm all for it too. Disengage, build a big wall, and solve a whole lot of problems right there. At this point, I think they want to essentially wash their hands of controlling the area. This will turn over control to Hamas and the PLO (sic--Hamas IS the PLO now!). They will do nothing with the land under their control, and things will get even worse in Gaza than they are now.

Of course, the PLO will claim that they 'chased the evil zionists out of their country' and rejoice.

new topics

join