It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Secret Bases

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   
While looking for info with regards a possible base in Cornwall, I came across this website. I haven't had time to fully investigate it as yet, but thought it was worth posting here.

What makes a "Secret Base" secret? By "base", I mean those government installations or military sites you've seen surrounded by razor wire fences and guarded by Ministry of Defence (MoD) police. How on earth can these sites be secret? The UK government hasn't (yet) developed stealth technology in the visible range of the electromagnetic spectrum. So they can't very well make, say, Faslane nuclear submarine base suddenly disappear as you come around the corner ...

UK Secret Bases

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   
thanks for site, this will help me outb alot...
if you get any other info please let me

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 06:46 AM
link   
i for sur see plants where they are working with "big particle colliders".
researchlabo are doing what their name intends
)
other weapon involved factpries do not like that competitors come around "stealing" info and...using it in their operations to reach their goal.
anyway...nothing unusual or "alien" in the situation here.

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 07:31 AM
link   
This will surely provide some information for the people on this site from the UK. Every country has bases wedont know about, never herd, or seen. That's a secret base not justa a base with weapons and gaurded by soldiers. That's not secret because pople see it. For example Area 51 isn't secret. What's in it might be though.

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Does anyone know where the UK's secret base is then ??????
And does anyone know about RAF Oakhanger...
Reason why I ask is that its not far from my nans house, I have been told its a radar tracking station, can any help me on this,

Again post or U2U me

many thanks

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Brilliant site Pisky.

Can you imagine that sort of information being available during Maggies reign?

zero lift

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Excellent site Pisky, you sexy beast

I think i remember come across this site a few years ago

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 08:17 AM
link   
wow ! nice find!
i found my house on the site map link !

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by colec156
thanks for site, this will help me outb alot...
if you get any other info please let me
The address for Area 51 is www.dreamlandresort.com... Hope this helps.

posted on Mar, 12 2006 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I can think of two secretive sites.

Rudloe Manor in Wiltshire (crop circle capitol and weird phenomenon mecca)

And of course, bentwaters, now closed, but from many good reports, site of a good sized underground complex that is denied to exist by the gov.

For a closed, defunct aurbase, bentwaters is sure locked down tight. There have been alot of interesting reports about what went on there in the 80's, after the famous UFO incident. Like the possibility of weather control devices and cloud busters, which are even rumored to be responsible for that nasty hurricanelike windstorm that ripped through the country back in 87.

Rudloe Manor is believed to be Britain's equivilant of Wright Patterson AFB, in that it seems to be the top secret collection point of UFO data, as well as some processing and other assorted oddities. Timmothy Good covered it in his book Above Top Secret.

Now that Im living here in England, I plan to do some secret base research around here. Im in Dorset, not so far from Cornwall, so if I find anything, Ill share it with you.

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Skadi, you might like to know that the UK Central Government underground wartime HQ was located right next door to Rudloe Manor, at Corsham, Wiltshire.

This formerly Top Secret underground HQ, known by various codenames over the years (SUBTERFUGE, STOCKWELL, BURLINGTON, TURNSTILE) was declassified December 17 2004.

The BBC have recently built a BURLINGTON related website. (see below)

www.bbc.co.uk...

Heres a pic of the Prime Minister's bathroom at BURLINGTON.

Pretty austere to say the least.

zero lift

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Rudloe Manor is or rarther was, the HQ of Personnel & Security Services for the Royal Air Force.

Yes, it is in Whiltshire; Yes it is just down the road from Boscombe Down and Yes, it was a super secret base.

One of it's varied taskings, was the running of the RAF's own Project Blue Book - no more details, as they've been well documented on other threads on this site.

However, Rudloe Manor is less secretive than HMS Warrior/RAF Northwood. Neither is it as secretive as RAF Nettishead - now closed - allegedly!

Macrihanish continues to cause some concern amongst the Aurora hunters and I have seen the vapour trails in the sky over the Mull of Kintyre, but things appear to be quite quiet of late. [If only Google Earth would take some decent pics]

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 07:53 AM
link   
About half-way down page 3, there's some info/aerial photos of a base at Portsdown hill. I went on a small 'exploration' trip with a couple of friends to that base, just to see what those access tunnels were (my friend found them on google earth and decided we should get a few urban explorers to check them out). It was pretty secure; tall fencing with razor wire and quite difficult to reach. It looked very interesting, but we didn't like the look of the Ministry of Defense "DO NOT ENTER" signs so we decided to leave it.

A few days later i recieved a multimedia text message from my friend. It was a photo he took of a cut in the fence he found whilst wandering around the same area. The cut wasn't there a few days before when we were checking it out. It was large enough for a person to fit through... It sort of suggests there were other people intrigued by this facility. I know theres an underground community of urban explorers in the United Kingdom and I believe a few members of this community are active in my local area.

I'll try and get some pics over the next couple of days.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 07:13 PM
link   
look their are no secret bases in the uk but only secret eqipment like radar eqipment, un maned planes and other secret projects. Even still there is not alot of interesting secret stuff probably because of the MOD's plan of saving money. Just look at all the RAF bases closing or are closed which include RAF Coltishall and RAF Neatishead for examples. And if any one is thinking of the uk govt working with aliens you are quite mistaken if they were wouldn't they ask for more money from the uk tax payers. Even if the aliens were good or bad they would ask for more money to reserch the aliens wouldn't they?

top topics

join