It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Gets Hearing On Fed Audit 9:00 AM Friday 9/25!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

"​None are more hopel​essly​ ensla​ved than those​ who think​ they are free"​ -​ ​Johan​n von Goete​

like i said in my post at the top of the previous page, i have a strong feeling that one day you'll see the light and realize that not everything is about money and material wealth!

[edit on 25-9-2009 by adrenochrome]

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by adrenochrome

You know, I dont agree with you about most things, usually, but I can agree with you on that one. But come on now, can't you see, his money means he must be more intelligent than us, and you know that big car he drives is to mean he has a bigger....oh wait, aren't those meant to make up for a lack?

I've never seen a better incarnation of one of the beasts eating this country from the inside. But, honestly, a great example in this thread for why representatives like Paul are trying to put the power back in the hands of the people.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan
Do you know what you are saying when you say things like this and the mass destruction it would cause to the USA while countries like even France start to topple us overnight?

It would happen if we had a completely open policy, thats like having Phil Ivey show his hole cards on every hand in the WSOP, this is retarded brother, trust me.

Fact #1: I'd rather struggle to live as a free man than suffer less, but be a slave. Right now, following our latest meltdown, slavery isn't much fun anymore. We are slaves to the Fed. Through their greed and mishandling we have gone from being house slaves to being field slaves. When I was a house slave, at least I could say "Well hell, it may be slavery, but at least I'm living comfortably and really don't have many concerns." Now that I'm out in the field, I'm recognizing that slavery is slavery and while "master" (the Fed) may not have taken a whip to me much while I was in the house, he still has one on his belt and he certainly still knows how to use it.

Fact #2: I do not want my children to have to go through the repeated cycle of recession/increasing debt masquerading as a boom period/deeper recession, wash, rinse, repeat. Right now there is a chance, albeit a small one, to actually pass the dream that created America onto our next generation. Freedom from tyranny ring any bells with you? It's what our Founding Fathers fought and died for, not for themselves, but for their progeny. We're staring a tyrant in the face in the form of the Federal Reserve right now.

Do you not realize that this very same conversation was had 246 years ago when the colonists debated independence from England? Guess what? The people opposed to independence were opposed to it because of fear. Fear of the chaos, war, and financial ruin that independence would bring in the short term. I happen to be a firm believer in the principles of our founders, especially I admire Thomas Jefferson. I simply cannot imagine a scenario in which Thomas Jefferson would allow fear of the unknown to cause him to not act against any collective, such as the Fed, which had attempted to rule over him with tyranny.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

I starred you and I completely agree with you there, but there is a terrible flaw in your logic that needs to be pointed out.

In the war of independence, those that were afraid of financial ruin were in the minority, mostly land owners or businessmen. The average person was self-sustaining enough that being cut off from England had a small impact on their lives. So you had to fight against a relatively small bunch of resistors.

Now, however, you are looking at fighting your own populace. This isn't revolutionary France, or the USA pre-independence. A staggering majority of the US population would rather kick back and eat their poisoned food while losing their brain cells to television and toxic treats. They just don't give a damn about what the government does, as long as their lives are not upset too greatly.

Yes, the numbers of aware and angry are growing. But how many are willing to actually fight, fight for real for their rights? You are facing the prospect of fighting not just your government, but the vast majority of you own apathetic populace for what you believe in. That is a war that you absolutely cannot win.

Remember in 1984, the passage talking about the two children who turned their own parents in to the regime for a trivial infraction? That is the situation you find yourself in. You cannot win, because you are facing an enemy on both sides.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by D.E.M.

I recognize that and it saddens me to say I agree with your call on it. There is still some hope, however, the minority is growing and unless American life shifts dramatically back into the prosperous category soon, the minority will continue to grow. If those of us who think the worst is yet to come prove to be correct, that "worst" may be just bad enough to shift the minority of awake, angry people over to a majority. If that were to happen, the war would be winable.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
ok so i missed the whole hearing because i was at work. anybody have links to the videos? i could only find one.

www.youtube.com...

"No Money shall be drawn from the Treasury, but in Consequence of Appropriations made by Law; and a regular Statement and Account of the Receipts and Expenditures of all public Money shall be published from time to time."

"The Congress shall have Power To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof"
-United States Constitution.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by turbokid

This full hearing can be seen and heard here...

www.c-span.org...

[edit on 25-9-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Sad sad, results rolling in here reported by the MSM media...

Federal Reserve General Counsel Scott Alvarez Threatens the U.S. with Economic Terrorism

Federal Reserve General Counsel Scott Alvarez said audits of monetary policy by the U.S. Congress could lead to higher interest rates and reduced confidence in central bank policy.

Congressional audits of monetary policy could “cause the markets and the public to lose confidence in the independence of the judgments of the Federal Reserve,” Alvarez told the House Financial Services Committee today in response to a question from Representative Dennis Moore, a Kansas Democrat. Alvarez said in his prepared remarks the audits would probably “chill” the central bank’s discussions on interest rates.

Fed Chairman Ben S. Bernanke and his colleagues are trying to persuade lawmakers not to pass legislation sponsored by Representative Ron Paul of Texas that would repeal the central bank’s immunity to audits of monetary policy. Fed officials used emergency powers to protect creditors of Bear Stearns Cos. and American International Group Inc. during the financial crisis, prompting congressional scrutiny.
www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by D.E.M.

Star. I agree, but with minor differences. Per evidence (the Ron Paul campaign) during the election, all it will take for people to stop being apathetic is a good leader.

The ones who are mostly apathetic are the ignorant. Educate them and tides will turn quickly.

But the whole matter depends entirely on how they are educated.

edit to add:

A great example of this kind of education was the book Common Sense written by Thomas Paine just before the American revolution.

[edit on 26-9-2009 by open_eyeballs]

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join