It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Gets Hearing On Fed Audit 9:00 AM Friday 9/25!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+33 more 
posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Well it is happening!

Ron Paul gets his day to present the facts!

Of course we know what the opponents of the bill will argue, but it doesn’t change the fact that the bill has over 290 bipartisan cosponsors and 75% or more, maybe even 90% the American people want a Fed audit!

I will say it again, the corruption runs so deep in this banking cartel,
they refuse to be accountable! End the Fed!

Who recieved the Trillion dollars in domestice support from bail out one?
The Fed: We dont know.

Who recieved the 1/2 Trillion dollars in foreign support?
The Fed: We dont know.
ATS

This is a great article...worth the read! And...pass it on!

On Friday, September 25th the House Financial Services Committee has scheduled a full committee hearing on Ron Paul’s HR.1207 to audit the Federal Reserve. The hearing is slated to begin at 9am eastern time. For details and a link to the (eventual) live streaming video of the hearing check out the committee website.

Here is the link, to watch this streaming on 9/25/09
www.house.gov...

Ron Paul Gets His Hearing On Audit The Fed: Liberty Maven

[edit on 21-9-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   
My gut feeling tells me that the powers that be are letting this happen by design .

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2kni3
My gut feeling tells me that the powers that be are letting this happen by design .

And what if something happened and it wasn't going to happen, what would you think then?

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08

Originally posted by 2kni3

And what if something happened and it wasn't going to happen, what would you think then?

Well There trying to set up a one world government .. Maybe they won't need the Federal Reserve anymore for what they are trying to accomplish .

But then again i could be wrong .. and maybe the congressmen have had a chance in heart ?

I thought AIPAC controlled or influenced the congress heavily though .

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by 2kni3

All the more reason to keep close tabs on this hearing, watch how the media handles this, and keep our ears to the ground.

I hear what you are saying...and in my opinion I agree, there is some possibility that the house of cards may come falling down...

And the IMF and the BIS will become the international "Federal Reserve"...

But you just never know for sure...this is after all
a country full of renegade people, and they are not going down without a fight.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
SO that means everything collapses thursday. Ron paul is to awsome... hes like if Chuck Norris and Jesus had a baby.

Go stock up everyone. I called it first.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Whooo Hooo!!!

Mad Max: Beyond BlunderGnome (The Revenge of RP)

Got Alcohol???

This should be quite a show Helicopter Ben puts on...

[edit on 9/21/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Yes for sure for sure. I keep wondering how this is all going to play out...

I have read so many different scenarios about October 15th, and how we are going to have another "crash"...

Will this be one of the triggers? Maybe...

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Well something is in the cards...

Basil II & III is set to start Oct 1st...

If our beloved Banks fail to get their balance sheets in order...no dealing outside the US of A... (I think?)

DJIA FV Futures 9758.2 9666.0 -92.20
S&P FV Futures 1063.7 1052.3 -11.40

[edit on 9/21/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Yep very asute observation there on Basel III, and the G20 summit, Obama in the U.N. chair...

Too many indicators that something big is going to go down.

And gold....breaking out big.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Thanks for the post, OP. S&F for you -- and I'll be contacting some US-based ATS members I know who would surely have interest in your thread.

Meanwhile, I'd like to comment that this is also of interest to some non-Americans (like me) who are concerned about the Fed's actions, as they impact on other economies as well.

For example, I'd be interested to know if an audit might show any link between the $134.5 billion a Fed spokesperson estimated was still held in TARP funds back in March and the $134 billion in "fake" bonds that two (allegedly) Japanese businessmen (allegedly) tried to smuggle into Switzerland in June. Now, there was a case which left a few questions hanging!
After all, if it was an attempt by a government to sell off some bonds on the quiet then the implications for the USD (and the Fed) are pretty huge.

I'd also be interested to know the hows and whys of the Fed providing half a trillion dollars to various countries' central banks, at the same time (just by the way) that the nominal exchange rate of the USD "coincidentally" went up 20%.

I'd guess plenty of US citizens would also like to know... After all, seems to me that they are playing around with YOUR currency as if they OWN it!

So -- a few questions for those who have the expertise or at least a fair idea: if Congressman Paul's bill actually gets to the voting stage, and if it gets passed into law, how long might it be before any such audit could be done? And if such an audit is done, how long might it actually take? Are we looking at days, weeks, or months? Also, is there any guarantee that the auditors will not be "interfered with" in some way, or that the "books" will not be cooked/tampered with? After all, from what I've read here on ATS and elsewhere, there have been questions over the misplacement/loss/misuse of many billions of dollars. Finally, what effect would this potential law have on the USD's value? Are we likely to see a lot of shorting going on? (Or a lot more shorting, to be more precise.)

Thanks and apologies if my non-American perspective offends anyone. But like it or not, what happens to your dollar affects us.

Mike

Edit for typos. (Starting 2nd coffee now... B) )

[edit on 21/9/09 by JustMike]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
People should watch The Crash Course before they listen to what Ron Paul is going to speak about. This will give you some leverage to understand and grasp the problems that really lay a head for the future of your kids.

Remember: DEPT is a claim on future human labor.

Ron Paul is in my opinion talking way to calmly about the whole situation.

Watch the 20 videos they explain the situation in a very simplistic way for every one to understand. And this is probably what Ron Paul want every one to understand, But dont.

www.chrismartenson.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Thank you for your post...

And I for one welcome the perspective from another country, and the financial impact this will have worldwide.

I too have wondered about that bond story, as you can see here...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

ATS discussed this in great detail...

And we really can not ignore that another bond story just broke out...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This time not getting as much attention yet, who knows why but the figure here is 100 Billion in bonds. Something is going on for sure...and I was able to connect a few dots it is highly suspicious.

So in other words if this type of manipulation and fraud is practiced I am sure that it is not just the U.S. as implicated in the new bond story...

As to your other questions...well I will try to find out more tomorrow, or someone else may jump in and answer in the mean time.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   

You made a statement that caught my attention. " After all, seems to me that they are playing around with YOUR currency as if they OWN it! " Well, like it or not, they do own it, not us. They are a private business out to make money, not for our country, but for themselves. The money they print and distribute are called reserve notes, as in Federal Reserve, they own and back them, not our government.

This is one thing people need to understand. It isn`t our money, it`s their money. They are letting us use it at a cost (interest rates on all money borrowed from all banks). They have all control over all the money in this country and all of the reserve notes floating around the world. Another reason they love having the reserve notes as the primary money used around the world. The more international loans made, the more they collect in interest.

Big business and big power.....that is the name of the game, and more power over everyones lives. So you see, it isn`t just us that they are stealing from, it`s all countries around the world.

[edit on 21-9-2009 by FiatLux]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Thank you for your support and positive comments. I appreciate it.

Actually your thread about the $134B was the first one I read.
I had heard nothing about this in my country and simply happened on your thread while I was recently browsing ATS during my search for more, reliable information about what might happen to the USD in the near future.

It's interesting that in that latest story (of $100+ billion in bonds), they specifically say "counterfeit" rather than "fake". To discuss that point further might derail your thread, but it is still an interesting point as it suggests fraudulent activity at a high level.

One observation mentioned by others on ATS is that we are being (deliberately??) numbed to huge numbers like "billions" of dollars. I mean, a billion dollars is a staggering amount of money, but these days they throw around numbers in the tens and hundreds of billions as if they really don't matter that much...

For example, when queried about who had received the half-trillion USD that the Fed has handed out to foreign countries since "the crisis", Bernanke blandly replied "I don't know". Okay, on more detailed questioning he was able to say it went to some central banks, but could not be more specific. Fortunately the congressman who asked had the details to hand. (And Bernanke didn't?!) Then, when asked to state under what legal authority the Fed provided this half-trillion dollars to foreigners, Bernanke wasn't sure and had to ask his counsel!

It was as if playing around with such gigantic amounts of money was not really of any great concern...

Perhaps this could be part of dumbing-down process to reduce public reaction in the event a Fed audit shows that "only" a few hundred billion dollars have gone astray?

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Agreed, it does seem intentional, the bantering of terms Million and Billion...I remember the first bail out, at a starting figure of 700 Billion, if I am correct. I thought to my self " when it is all said and done I bet it is over a Trillion"...

One thing is hopeful, I read a report that said there was
1.2 Million marched in protest on 9/12/09.Those are the numbers I like!

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by FiatLux

Thank you very much for the information. I was aware that the Fed is privately owned, but I had not realized the full implications vis-a-vis money ownership that you have just pointed out. I have a problem reconciling the Fed's ownership of these notes with the fact that the US constitution gives only Congress the right to issue money.

Of course, the right to issue money can be devolved to another body acting on behalf of Congress, but I don't recall the constitution saying that the issuance of money equates directly to its ownership, so not being a lawyer I'm at a loss on that point.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I agree that the FED needs to go but before destroying it a suitable alternative needs to be constructed. I like Ron Paul but on this one I believe he is aiding the bankers.

We need to ask questions about the system that would replace it. Are we talking of a global currency? The problem with wanting change is that you have to know what to change.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Remember when Dennis Kucinich had a hearing on the banking bailout? 90% of the seats were empty. Yeah, he got his hearing, and then... nothing. The guy may as well have been talking to himself.

Ron Paul will get the same treatment. Few of his colleagues will be there. Even fewer will listen. And when he is finished... nothing.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I have an eerie feeling that if this audit does happen, it will cause a lot of fear with the big investors and the other countries who have money invested in our country...and they'll take their money out of our markets....and then the markets will collapse....then we'll have a total economic collapse in our country.

So, I think Bernanke was right when he said that if we audit the Fed, it could cause an economic collapse. But what Bernanke didn't say was that it would be because of the FEAR it would generate in the banking world.

Does that mean I think the Fed shouldn't be audited? Nope. I think the Fed SHOULD be audited. Our monetary policies need to be drastically changed, and an audit is a good place to start, because you can't change what you can't see.

But, if we do have a total economic collapse, I can imagine a HUGE conflict starting, like a second civil war. Maybe the government would raise taxes to pay back our debt......or maybe people would just get angry....but I can see a lot of states deciding to secede from the country if it happens.

Think of our Civil War back in the 1860's...for decades, the North and the South were divided by political ideologies, such as slavery and states' rights, but they still stayed together, because there was mutual benefit. Then, when the Federal Government placed tarriffs on the South, that was the final straw that broke the camel's back for the South, and they declared they were seceding.

Of course, as soon as the south tried to secede, the north said "Oh, no you don't!" And they went to war. Slavery and state's rights were huge ideological undercurrents between the North and South, but as usual, the final straw that broke the camel's back and TRIGGERED the war was economics, not ideology.

Of course, to this day, depending on where you live in the United States, the reason why the Civil War broke out are taught differently. Most of the kids in our country (like myself) are taught in school that the Civil War was mostly about slavery. But most of the people in the "southern states" are taught that it was mostly about economics and states rights.

Heck, think about the Revolutionary War, too. The colonists didn't get angry enough to do anything against England, until they started to tax their tea....then we had the Boston Tea Party and declared that "taxation without representation" was unfair. Sure, we wanted our freedom, but the first act of property destruction did not happen until there was an economic reason to do so.

The truth is is that MOST people generally don't angry enough to unless you mess with their property, their money, their food, or their family....and I can forsee the same thing happening today. If an audit of the fed does trigger a market collapse, and if a market collapse triggers a total economic collapse... I can see that being the final spark for another civil war happening.

Of course, we have so many different ideologies in America these days, I can also imagine a lot of sides being taken, not just two sides.

I think that what Gerald Celente "forcast" was right....because now I can see what he was seeing.

But I hope we're both wrong. I hope we can audit the Fed, and I hope it doesn't turn violent.

[edit on 21-9-2009 by nikiano]

<<   2  3  4 >>

join