It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goat gives birth to a 'human' faun in Zimbabwe (Pics included)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Freaky! The suggestion that this is the result of man mating with a goat is probably impossible, but is it really impossible?

Here is a short video of a mix between cats and rabbits:
www.liveleak.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Erich Kemper

Aaah. Cabbits. I know for a fact Cabbits are NOT the real deal.

Cabbits are fictional
Reported sightnings of Cabbits
And the scientific stuff

[edit on 21-9-2009 by Gemwolf]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Botswana and Zimbabwe are neighboring countries.

I wonder if Southern Africa has a consistently higher incidence of this type of thing than the rest of the world, and if so, then why?

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saurus
Botswana and Zimbabwe are neighboring countries.

I wonder if Southern Africa has a consistently higher incidence of this type of thing than the rest of the world, and if so, then why?

Honestly, given the type of state it's in, especially the certain 'state', i'd say a lower intellectually advanced a civilization is, the higher probability it has in dealing with the paranormal.

Not to say paranormalist are ignorant/stupid. Just that the less you know, the more open your mind is to the absurd.

Remember in some parts of Africa, the way to get rid of AIDS is to have sex with virgin girls! yeah, ignorance, and the continuation of it!

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

These mutations aren't paranormal. Most of these are the cause of Hydrocephalus and/or inbreeding. There is also no basis in the claim that either Zimbabweans or Botswana citizens are "lower intellectually advanced". Zimbabwe may be in a political mess, but that doesn't mean that they're potentially any less intelligent than someone from another country. And Botswana is doing quite well for itself.

@Saurus - I'm not aware of any statistics, and if there are they won't be accurate, because I'm sure many farmers are familiar with the mutations and simply don't report them - especially in rural Africa.

If the amount is indeed higher, the cause would likely be the lack of knowledge. In Westernized countries farming have been "perfected" to a science and farmers with live stock know how/why to constantly introduce new genes to the gene pool of their stock. In rural areas they are not always aware of this, and a lot of inbreeding occurs where you will see mutations like this.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   

How strange.

Genetic experiments creating human/animal mutation or hybrids is 'interesting' to you, but sex between a human and another species is 'Yuk'?

Finding it hard to fathom your morality to be honest.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Saurus

edited to take it back...

That thing looks like it was abused in the who ha with an antler

[edit on 21-9-2009 by mental modulator]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by spikey

How strange.

Genetic experiments creating human/animal mutation or hybrids is 'interesting' to you, but sex between a human and another species is 'Yuk'?

Finding it hard to fathom your morality to be honest.

Human on human sex, is Okay with me, although Same sex, sex is yuk to me, I'm okay with it.

Although Human Sex, with say, porcupines, are disgusting to me, I don't know where you are confused?

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf

These mutations aren't paranormal. Most of these are the cause of Hydrocephalus and/or inbreeding. There is also no basis in the claim that either Zimbabweans or Botswana citizens are "lower intellectually advanced". Zimbabwe may be in a political mess, but that doesn't mean that they're potentially any less intelligent than someone from another country. And Botswana is doing quite well for itself.

Now infact, so far, this is paranormal.

Now I know little albeit of botswana's, if said at that, but Zimbabwe citizens I highly doubt know the knowledge of democratic states. Which can make odd circumstances, almost paranormal, which make them on and on and on and on.

I think, honestly, they are a people of lower intelligence, NOT in meaning that they cannot acquire the same intelligence, AS I have seen many from countries of such, come to my home State of Texas! And become Genius'!

I believe, as long as you are a 'human', and fitting, that you can acquire with the only neccesity of DRIVE, that you can acquire anything,and own it

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

Zimbabwe may be in a political mess, but that doesn't mean that they're potentially any less intelligent than someone from another country

Now, this could've been said 100's of years ago, and rung true!

I didn't say one country was smarter then the next, I just implied.

Although some may say anyone believing 9/11 and such, wouldn't of been ignorant more then any other country regardless of political mess.... and I need stop there, right!

The country in a mess, = people of a mess, and beliefs can be quite obscure, no?

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
Now infact, so far, this is paranormal.

Paranormal is a general term that describes unusual experiences that supposedly lack a scientific explanation, or phenomena alleged to be outside of science's current ability to explain or measure.

I (and other members) gave you a simple scientific explanation above. Any biologist will give you exactly the same explanation. There is no indication that there is anything paranormal about this. Birth defects haven't been "paranormal" since the middle ages. (And yes, some uneducated folks from rural parts may want to put the "paranormal" stamp on this, but that's simply because they don't know any better.)

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Let's not wander too far from the topic.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Erich Kemper

I dont believe they are "cabbits" but i do believe they are MANX cats, they are from the Isle of Man and are cats with no tails, and longer back legs than front legs. This isnt a seperate knid of species of cat, it is that they have a disease that they are born with.

Look up Manx cat en.wikipedia.org...(cat)

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Lonely goatherders + long nights = this. Loved the photos, I'm
totally convinced! There's also a man there who can give you
the 17 million dollars you inherited if you can just send them
the mere $12,000 to release the money from escrow.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   

reply to post by operation mindcrime

And there you have it folks. Never say never. (I just had to use a sheep and goat as example, didn't I?
)

...i guess every rule has it's exception!!!

But what you said is correct, "Genetics and Molecular Biology simply dictates that a human and a goat cannot produce off-spring."

Peace

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Cross-species mating may be evolutionarily important and lead to rapid change, say IUB researchers

Like the snap of a clothespin, the sudden mixing of closely related species may occasionally provide the energy to impel rapid evolutionary change, according to a new report by researchers from Indiana University Bloomington and three other institutions. Their paper was made available online by Science magazine's "Science Express" service today (August 7) at 2 p.m. EDT.

A study of sunflower species that began 15 years ago shows that the sudden mixing and matching of different species' genes can create genetic super-combinations that are considerably more advantageous to the survival and reproduction of their owners than the gene combinations their parents possess.

"This is the clearest evidence to date that hybridization can be evolutionarily important," said IUB biologist Loren Rieseberg, who led the research. "What's more, we were able to demonstrate a possible mechanism for rapid evolutionary change by replicating the births of three unusual and ecologically divergent species within an extremely short period of time -- just a few generations."

The finding comes a month after IUB biologist Jeffrey Palmer and colleagues suggested in a letter to Nature that genetic exchange between completely unrelated species has occurred more often than experts previously thought.

Not saying this is a human goat offspring, although it is a possibility even if modern genetics say otherwise. (A very very unlikely possibility) I figured I would post an article on the subject just for the sake of contribution.

[edit on 21-9-2009 by DaMod]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   

@Saurus - I'm not aware of any statistics, and if there are they won't be accurate, because I'm sure many farmers are familiar with the mutations and simply don't report them - especially in rural Africa.

If the amount is indeed higher, the cause would likely be the lack of knowledge. In Westernized countries farming have been "perfected" to a science and farmers with live stock know how/why to constantly introduce new genes to the gene pool of their stock. In rural areas they are not always aware of this, and a lot of inbreeding occurs where you will see mutations like this.

doh!!

beat me to it. sigh i guess thats what i get for onlybeing able to access this site in the late hours. but yea 100% agree with you.

[edit on 21-9-2009 by ghostryder21]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Kinda similar to the creature on an episode of UFO Hunters, I think the episode about cattle mutilation.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
Cross-species mating may be evolutionarily important and lead to rapid change, say IUB researchers

Like the snap of a clothespin, the sudden mixing of closely related species may occasionally provide the energy to impel rapid evolutionary change, according to a new report by researchers from Indiana University Bloomington and three other institutions. Their paper was made available online by Science magazine's "Science Express" service today (August 7) at 2 p.m. EDT.

A study of sunflower species that began 15 years ago shows that the sudden mixing and matching of different species' genes can create genetic super-combinations that are considerably more advantageous to the survival and reproduction of their owners than the gene combinations their parents possess.

"This is the clearest evidence to date that hybridization can be evolutionarily important," said IUB biologist Loren Rieseberg, who led the research. "What's more, we were able to demonstrate a possible mechanism for rapid evolutionary change by replicating the births of three unusual and ecologically divergent species within an extremely short period of time -- just a few generations."

The finding comes a month after IUB biologist Jeffrey Palmer and colleagues suggested in a letter to Nature that genetic exchange between completely unrelated species has occurred more often than experts previously thought.

Not saying this is a human goat offspring, although it is a possibility even if modern genetics say otherwise. (A very very unlikely possibility) I figured I would post an article on the subject just for the sake of contribution.

[edit on 21-9-2009 by DaMod]

its not a very very unlikely possibility, goats and humans split off from the common ancestor so long ago, that it is impossible.
now a human chimp hybrid might be possible, a mule or with limited fertility, because we are really closely related.
but that's likely never going to happen, since its affected by ethics.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
OH MY GOD!!!!!!! NEXT WE'LL HAVE MANBEARPIG!!!!!!!!!! im being super cereal.
No but on a serious note, good post. and that thing is creppy looking.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join