It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humanity's true purpose...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Ever think we might be some kind of weapon? A planet killer?

Could Mars be an example of the aftermath of human coexistence on a living planet?

Maybe we were once apes and artificially injected with intelligence as to ensure our disastrous progression.

Maybe our purpose is to combat an over abundance of life in the universe, and restore balance between living and stagnant matter.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Reply to post by raj9721

But then it begs the question...why destroy the stagnant matter?

What is the overall purpose of the "weapon"? To destroy a planet, but why?

And if we have came this far along what will whomever/whatever made us do if we transition from a race of war and power mongering egotistical beings to one of peace, love and compassion? Crucify us all?

A2D

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Reply to post by Agree2Disagree

Sorry said that wrong. Why destroy the LIVING matter? The Universe is vast and can sustain much life....why would it be subject to limitations?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by raj9721
Ever think we might be some kind of weapon? A planet killer?

Don't think it practical for actual purpose of creation, but could well be a side effect.

Still, it's an excellent example of abstract thought for conjecture. Would make great science fiction plot.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
You have quite a few questions, so I can't quite see what you're getting at.

Your theory on mars, may be plausible, but still unsure.

I see you used a laps from apes (chimps) to humans, as must having an outside 'injection' for it to of happened.

Though sometimes I may ask...

"Can a rock have no other purpose, then just being a rock".

A rock didn't just appear per se, supposedly a pebble.

Now after years and years and thousands of years, a nearly perfectly round pebble will emerge, now, if the pebble could think, it'd go wow! I'm an amazing thing, but how did I get this way? Maybe this water rounded me this way, no no no, I don't see other rocks become this way, something must of polished, a nother rock, a omnipotent rock must of made me this way! lol. Or a alien rock!

I believe there is ABSOLUTELY no purpose to life, other then, just certain laws for life taken place, as such laws govern the stars. Nothing more.

I may even humor the idea aliens 'helped' us out a bit.

But I highly doubt, extremely doubt, 99% that aliens came here, to use us as tools for a war!

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I have wondered if our true purpose could be as mother natures "slate wiper."
-The species with the power to kill all others(and ourselves),just by the way we live.

We may be an essentuial part of the earths cycle-the part which destroys all we touch even when we are trying to help.

Some would say that our purpose is creativity,but that ultimatley will lead to the destruction of all life on earth(maybe):

Sure we are creative,and produce great buildings,art,culture etc-but we also create things like nerve gas,GM viruses,hydrogen bombs.

Its just an idea,an one that I might have come up with to rationalise all the destruction that the human race so often commits.

Hopefully I am way off the mark though-maybe our purpose is something a bit more positive.

Of course-the hardest thing to accept would be that there is NO purpose to our existence,and that all we create is simply a method of distracting ourselves from that possibilty.
Again,hope I'm way off the mark there too.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Or mabey humans possess the oldest known GENETIC CODE that can be combined anywere to created different species OUT THERE.

top topics

join