It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnets and Power

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I have been fascinated by magnets my whole life and grew up playing with them.
This may sound goofy but I have always felt they were very important and I don't know why.

As many of you know I have Multiple Sclerosis. I have been taking something called MMS for several months now and I feel better than I have in a long time and haven't had any new active brain lesions but I still have muscle spasms.

I decided to try something new and I ordered a 4000gauss magnetic mat to put on my bed. Is there any way magnets can actually improve ones health?

I've read lots of info online but I wanted to hear opinions from some of you brains.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Bachrk

This only what I've heard, but like a MRI; magnets align the electrons surrounding a nucleus, general magnets do the same thing. It is said to promote healing.They use it for arthritis, and people claim it works.

Good luck, my friend.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Well there's iron in the blood if by no other means. The negative pole tends to contract and the positive pole expand. The positive improves circulation the negative constricts it. One cancer/tumor treatment is to put the negative side of an appropriate magnet next to the effected area. This restricts blood flow and is said to isolate the tumor and kill it. The appropriate magnet would be one that has a field suitable for encompassing the tumor and no more. It has been advised to not put the magnet on a tumor for too long at a time as the result is said to be gangrening the tumor area.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Bachrk

If you believe it will help then it will help. The placebo effect not only works but it is working better these days for unknown reasons.

You may also be interested in this: Alemtuzumab

[edit on 22/9/2009 by LightFantastic]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I share your fascination with magnets and I also agree that there must be effects on the body at a certain level. As others have said already there are multiple parts of our physical make up that can be effected by a magnetic field. I hadn't heard of the tumour treatment mentioned above before and had no idea you could so accurately effect certain areas in particular ways.

I think to a degree there's that kicking the TV to make it work again mentality to it for me. Generally if you shock a broken system hard enough, that shock can sometimes put the broken element back into the right place but I don't think anyone could accurately explain why it worked.

I wish you all the best.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Well look at it this way maybe magnets work and maybe they don't. People claim that they have healing powers but nobody says that magnets make anything worse. So worse case scenario is that the magnet will not help you. Just do the magnet thing if you think it would help it is not going to kill you.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Well thanks for the replies. It should be here tomorrow. If nothing else if it doesn't work I can always cut the pad open and add the magnets to my magnet statue which I've been building for 5 yrs!

I will keep you posted and as far as the placebo effect I'm just not much of a believer in anything at this point. (excpet the mms stuff because it has helped tremendously)

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Bachrk

Well good luck and i hope you do well. My childhood best friend had MS so I know how quickly and erratically the battle can shift. If your magnet thing works for you keep up with it and do not let the nay sayers keep you down but most importiantly take care of your self.

[edit on 22-9-2009 by zaiger]

top topics

join