It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Green Lantern (2011)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
DC Entertainment, the new creation of Warner Brothers and DC Comics, states that it is shelving any Superman movies for now.* However, they are going forward with the eagerly awaited Green Lantern film that fans have been wishing for the past two decades:

www.imdb.com...

So far, Ryan Reynolds has been cast as the emerald warrior, Hal Jordan. Justice League and The Flash are also being prepped for release around that year.

*A Federal Judge has issued many rulings on the ongoing legal case for the rights of Superman. Apparently, DC owns the rights to some characters, but the heirs have the rights to Superman himself. I am trying to find out who owns what, but I believe DC has ownership of Superboy and Supergirl as they were created by other writers.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

OMG!!! Green Lantern has ALWAYS been my favorite!!! I CAN'T WAIT! Thanks for the info, kid!

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

I think DC now sees the potential of making money through other media. I wonder what took them so long since "The Dark Knight" took in over $1 billion and Marvel has been raking in the dough with three to four movies per year.

I have always been a big fan of Green Lantern, too. I also hope they get "The Flash" and a Captain Marvel/SHAZAM movie off the ground too.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
wasnt green lantern supposed to be a black guy?atleast he was in the justice league...coolest black man alive xD

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
theres been many incarnations of GL. they will probably base this one on Hal Jordan. the one you were thinking of is John Stewart. which i hope they base it on him. i think he's probably the coolest of them all.

more info can be found here if your intrestead in reading about the GL

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ghostryder21

It's being based on Hal Jordan, the original 'modern' Green Lantern. Ryan Renolds (Van Wilder, Blade Trinity, Waiting) is set to play Jordan.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Stillalive

The (main) Green Lanterns I remember are:

Allen Scott (original)

Hal Jordan (Silver Age)

John Stewart (substitute for Hal when he was away from Earth)

Guy Gardner

Kyle Rayner (replaced Hal when he went crazy)

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

ohhh thats going to be intresting. i wonder if he's going to make it funny or go the serious route with this character.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ghostryder21

I really hope they go the serious route with this movie. We do not need another "Batman and Robin" to kill any future film about Green Lantern.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
This has to be a serious film if anybody is going to take DC seriously. They can't make a new Superman Returns. It has to be along the lines of Dark Knight.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by bigvig316

Actually, they have canned the Superman Returns sequel. If Supes comes back, he will have a different cast and crew behind the scenes.

The movie cost over $300 million (including marketing) and barely made $400 world wide.

I liked the tone of Superman and Superman II.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Personally, I'd like to see them shelve the 'Superman' franchise on the big screen until the end of 'Smallville', then bring it back with that cast and mythos.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Jackie Earle Haley is being rumored to play a villain in this upcoming film. The former child actor and star of "The Bad News Bears" (original, not the lame remake) would be a perfect Sinestro, but no name has been mentioned on who he will play.

It also looks like this will start filming in Mexico or Canada instead of Australia for economic reasons.

At least the project seems to be rolling along.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I hope they make an effort with this, could be great.

As for superman, I hope to god they dont use lex luther again, especially if they have kevin spacey in mind.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by valiant

It looks like Superman is out of the picture for a while. There are no current plans for a movie on his character. He may show up in the Justice League movie which is still in development, or possibly the on again, off again Superman Batman project.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I'm super NOT cool with Ryan Reynolds as Hal Jordan.
I think he'd make a great Kyle Rayner, but NOT Hal!
I think that, if he was still young, Dennis Quaid would be the perfect Hal.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Matthew Dark

I hope Ryan does a good job with the role of Hal. He does seem to have the cockyness that Hal had in his early years as Green Lantern.

Ryan does make sense, when one looks at Hal's past.

Time will tell if he is the right choice.

(BTW, Superman is back on track with Chris Nolan doing his take on the Man of Steel.)

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I'd rather have Deadpool's movie first

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   

I saw a fan-made GL trailer, and the creator had picked Nathan Fillion to play Hal, and y'know...I think that'd be perfect.
Oh, and I've read that they've picked...what's-his-name...the guy who played 'M' in LXG, to play Sinestro. That should be pretty awesome.
I'm still not cool with Reynolds playing Hal, but I'm hoping that they'll make me eat my words.
As a big GL fan, I'm hoping that they don't screw it up like they did with that awful Superman movie from a few years ago...

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Matthew Dark

I would of preferred Nathan in the role too. But I think Ryan will do a good job with it as he has the right amount of cockiness needed for the role. He is also young enough and athletic to pull off being an AF pilot and superhero.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join