It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Butterfly Effect" : Is This Remote Viewing, Chaos Theory, or P.T.S.D.?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
For anyone who has seen the movie The Butterfly Effect you will have seen the disturbing images of the character, Evan, played by the actor Ashton Kutcher, who wants to change and influence his reality for a better world where things are perfect, according to him.

I am only using the movie as a reference point for this conversation.

Wikipedia : The Butterfly Effect

The title is a reference to the butterfly effect, which theorizes that a change in something seemingly innocuous, such as a flap of a butterfly's wings, may have unexpected larger consequences in the future, such as the path a hurricane will travel.

I have a friend that believes strongly in the "butterfly effect" in that something inconsequential, can influence a drastic change, as exampled in this movie, and I have often wondered if this movie is demonstrating Remote Viewing in that he reads his own writing and "jumps" to his own past and influences it to change, and in essence makes the outcome only apparently worse because of his lack of understanding that changing one minuscule element of his own history, changes all of history of everyone he has ever loved.

Wikipedia : Remote Viewing

Remote Viewing (RV) is the purported ability to gather information about a distant or unseen target using paranormal means or extra-sensory perception.

Typically a remote viewer is expected to give information about an object that is hidden from physical view and separated at some distance.

The term was introduced by parapsychologists Russell Targ and Harold Puthoff in 1974.

Or can it be possibly explained as chaos theory?

Wikipedia : Chaos Theory

Chaos theory is a branch of mathematics which studies the behavior of certain dynamical systems that may be highly sensitive to initial conditions.

This sensitivity is popularly referred to as the butterfly effect.

As a result of this sensitivity, which manifests itself as an exponential growth of error, the behavior of chaotic systems appears to be random.

Or do people here on ATS believe that possibly this is a false belief in something, in essence being this individuals psychological issues bleeding through his reality and making the person in fact psychologically unstable and in need of assistance in the nut house?

Or could it be posttraumatic stress disorder because of some event in the person's history?

Wikipedia : Posttraumatic Stress Disorder

Posttraumatic stress disorder (abbreviated PTSD) is an anxiety disorder that can develop after exposure to one or more traumatic events that threatened or caused great physical harm.

It is a severe and ongoing emotional reaction to an extreme psychological trauma.

This stressor may involve someone's actual death, a threat to the patient's or someone else's life, serious physical injury, an unwanted sexual act, or a threat to physical or psychological integrity, overwhelming psychological defenses.

I thought it might be interesting and novel concept to discuss here on ATS.

[edit on 20-9-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
remote viewing, to my understanding, is just that 'viewing'. im not sure that actually changing anything from a remote location is part of the deal. the basic idea is that there are parts of your mind (lets say 'the imagination' as jose silva did) that are not really confined to the spatial limits that confine the body.

the butterfly effect, if im not mistaken, is term used to describe the nature of causality. one thing leads to another, but is there a cutoff of that effect in the microcosmic? what about the macrocosmic? so, unless theres a cutoff threshold, be it high or low, then yes: the most minuscule event could trigger the largest.

PTSD is not necessarily related to either of these concepts, unless it happens to be specifically related to a situation i.e. a butterfly flapped its wings in oklahoma and caused something catastrophic that you saw in japan, to which you then reacted by going off the deep end and somehow accidentaly consciously manifested your mindself into a singular entity, then went off somewhere remote and viewed something.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by iNTERPLANETARyR.O.M.E.O.

I see what you're saying here, that "remote viewing" is just "viewing", but if you notice the concept of "Evan" re-reading his own journal notes of his past, being a troubled past at that, and he "jumps" there through reading it, does this not appear to be similar in some way to his going back to the event?

I know that we cannot change our past, because if you believe in alternate universes, branch theory, and quantum mechanics, then going back to change something in the past will make history branch off into an alternate time line.

If someone were to go back and affect a change like the movie, say for instance, the assassination of John F Kennedy, then the world will be changed drastically, possibly for the worst.

I have heard through many sources as well that the Government has "remote viewing spies" stationed around events in time, like the J.F.K./Oswald event, and they are to carry out through any means necessary, the killing of that person remote viewing the events.

I am not certain whether I want to believe something that sounds that far-fetched.

Although I am willing to discuss it, it seems something so abstract as to be highly doubtful.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
According to some of what I've read, children in mind control projects such as MK ultra have been purposely fractured to also maintain control over them as a tool. I suppose very similar to hypnosis and as suggested in the movie The Manchurian candidate. MK ultra has also been said to be linked with the Remote Viewing program.

I recall Joe Mc Moneagle stated that he came from an abusive drunken family. A child might than retain a childhood personality and ability seperate from their adult closed mind clogged personality. Children have been said to be more psychic or...open ?

Alternate realities of future events can be manipulated depending on who has the information and uses it like advanced seers or prophets.

A person who is extremely capable of seeing future events such as for most of their life, may in theory than use their own futures and visions to manipulate the future as if in contact with each other. Our current news media makes this one to one connection even wider, as long as the media information isn't flawed or falsified. I've seen strong evidence of this myself. There's obviously a lot of room for error and verifying information. That's another reason they use blind targeting and mutiple viewers.

People who use wild or uncontrolled remote viewing may also taint the remote veiwing events with a daydreaming imaginations.

There is also likely someone in the past who uses what you see to change the timeline to some degree. I have my doubts without thes strong and mutiple connections, a person, such as a more recently created psychic or remote viewer is as or ever capable of changing the past without these links.

I have my doubts about OOBE to the past and changing events. Mostly because what I have been led to believe I'd seen, I now strongly suspect were staged events in some way.But even that could be a false negative and controlled disinformation. It can really make your head spin.

These topics always make interesting stories and movies.

One of my favorites is Doctor Who as a timelord that corrects timlines in alternate and multiple dimensions etc.

I would think there's a connection to PTSD. But when it comes to proven psychic ability, it's not just some mundane average psychosis and delusion.

My experience tells me there's others who give people the illusion they themselves are psychic when they are not. Religion might call this demonic possession and deceptions. I am under the impression there are actual immortals in some way, if only some type of computer energy program/matrix.

The statement; " I want to be like that " isn't usually a good thing.

The stories of the Jinn and tricksters comes to mind. Be careful what you wish for. There is a strong possibility of those who have demonized themselves and by our interpretations evil.

Order through Chaos is likely someones agenda. Maybe they just love playing angels and demons too much and games.

Chaos theory might be more obvious and uncontrollable as in the solar system and galaxy. In many ways, we are ants.

So many things we have done ourselves have triggered mutiple eco system changes. We are in many ways our own worst enemy.

Major cyclical events will likely happen with or without us. I still find it hard to accept we alone are a product of random events.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by aleon1018

I have read Joseph McMoneagle as well and I started a small thread on "remote viewing".

Remote Viewing Secrets: A Handbook : Joseph McMoneagle

It did not garner much attention.

It is an interesting theory nonetheless.

A friend of mine has told me I remote view every single night when I go to sleep.

Apparently, I have been to the end of the Universe, the beginning of time, and the future.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

My supposed ability seems to have been tainted and abused. I have thought about writing a book. Unfortunately, the title is probably already used.

I just checked and didn't find it on google. yea.

Anyway, it would be something like; The making of the False Prophet

Basically, what I described in my first post here as with seers and prophets with controlled visions and or remote viewing. Joe Mc Moneagle has been said to only have about a 50% accurracy rate. That can also be manipulated if a true seer as well. The tasks might than be rejected due to the subject and classified information.

I found this one link yesterday for another thread, but had no replies.
www.mceagle.com...

Yes, remote vewing isn't very popular on this site either. Possibly because it's controlled by the military and has highly classified content.

I had been through an incredible experience around June 21st 1991 that seems strikingly similar to what a few religious prophets described seeing.

There is a messianic connection with this as well.

Prophecy described in great detail and to some extent depending on the subject, can be manipulated. ( and than it was...... in those days)

We already suspect and have heard about the military of also manipulating weather and earthquakes.

My supposed remote veiweing or visions have more than likely been planned and scripted. There's alien or reptilian connections, but some of which seemed to be actors and players to the point it makes me distrust nearly all of it.

I've recalled having met many well known people in my life, but no way to prove any of it.

You'd think a remote vewier would locate Blackbeards treasure and alien artifacts for proof.

The answer to that might be damage control by other remote viewers, the military etc.

I get very few connections now, but do recall news events I watch now as having been viewed many years ago, such as 1991.

Mostly of interest are some crimes, but the connections to these memories is so bad, that it's nearly pointless to mention it.

The story of Casey Anthony is one in particular and does appear hers was scripted and altered. The missing little girl and skeleton my have been planted and possibly even a dead younger clone. It get's pretty involved.

Casey Anthony, to the best of my understanding, is a media tool. One of my recalls is that she (also) hears voices from somewhere.

I've also been led to believe I had actually spoken to her over the phone several years ago asking her; " Where's Caylee?" at that time she would have only been about 10 years old.

It's discouraging not being able to trust memories involving subjects like remote viewing.

According to the recent Girado? case, there's supposedly someone buried in his neighbors yard and why he was staying there for awhile as if to watch over the remains like some killers might return to these spots.

The male owner also seems to have a connection as an accompliss or whatever.

[edit on 20-9-2009 by aleon1018]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I know PTSD hyper intensifies a persons ability to perceive threatening situations and take measures ether by an evasive or head on confrontational means..... A person that has experienced a multitude of life and death situations and survived develops what the V.A. refers to as hyper vigilance which can cause extreme anxiety that requires medication to control in civilian life but is like having an extra set of eyes, ears and more without medication and in a situation that they perceive to be threatening but sometimes the ability to just know in advance what is around the next hill, corner what is waiting and beyond that even..... At first it is a strange sensation but over time it is less than troubling.... It isn't a 100% thing but a person with this thing going on always responds to it and is always on guard.... People that notice this do believe it to be a psychic ability.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by aleon1018

You should go ahead and write that book.

If the name is not being used, especially, but if the name is used, you can do a subtitle.

If remote viewing were so highly classified as some still think it was there would not be so much information available on it out there, nor would you or I be able to discuss it so openly.

As well as that I have zero fear of the Government, but then again I have been studying them since I was six years old, so I know all their ins and outs, and what they are and are not capable of doing.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by hypervigilant

If you have ever read any of my other threads you will know exactly how well that description fits me, as well as I have harnessed it, for all intents and purposes as a survival mechanism.

I have survived both physical as well as character assassination attempts.

I am hyper-vigilant at all times, as things progressively get intense, it only magnifies for me.

Like wearing body armor with a force field around me, my aura does not fail me.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
pretty interesting thread S&F
I have seen this movie a dozen times and haven't even thought about the idea of remote viewing etc...

You my friend have made me want to do some research on this...

thanks for the read

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by G8tor
pretty interesting thread S&F
I have seen this movie a dozen times and haven't even thought about the idea of remote viewing etc...

You my friend have made me want to do some research on this...

thanks for the read

Thank you.

As well as that movie, the movie "Jumper" made me think of Remote Viewing too.

top topics

join