It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Celebrating Muslim Eid today as an Ambassador of Goodwill

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I was reading dodadoom, and jakes51.... Talking about intricacies in other cultures.. Now, just reading Your statement about the hate taught in US countries reminded me of something I learned not to long ago.

In many Central American grade schools US History is a requirement. How odd; why???? It is simple they are giving their children the cutting edge over the USA, and that is simply understanding.

When the children here are business leaders there will never be one US American questioning them. Why? These children are having all barriers broken, and are getting a glimpse into the US American Psyche.

We are being trained in the USA to be fearful little serfs; while elsewhere they are being trained to be somewhat liberated, productive, and informed serfs.

Ah, and We say, "USA, USA, USA, USA, USA!"

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   

What a great gesture! I worked with a guy that was muslim once, and he celebrated this. I believe that it is right after they fast for one month during Ramadan. He would not eat or drink anything during the day, but he said at night they would have all kinds of family over and would feast! What you did is a well deserved breath of fresh air for us all! Great Job!

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by desertdreamer

Thanks for posting my friend. I really liked the idea and truly enjoyed what I did and what I learned by doing it.

It's through little actions like this that I humbly beleive we can all lend a hand in changing the world!

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Hi ProtoplasmicTraveler,

Thanks for the invitation, it's an honor for me to post in your thread my friend. A breath of fresh air and a needy change from all the mistakes in the world constantly attributed solely to Muslims.

This is certainly a first on ATS as far as I've ever seen.

I hope this year is a great one for you.

Happy Eid,
Majorion

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majorion

Hi ProtoplasmicTraveler,

Thanks for the invitation, it's an honor for me to post in your thread my friend. A breath of fresh air and a needy change from all the mistakes in the world constantly attributed solely to Muslims.

This is certainly a first on ATS as far as I've ever seen.

I hope this year is a great one for you.

Happy Eid,
Majorion

Thank you my friend, please know some of us here in America are trying to do the right things and to make the world a happier and safer place.

Not only did I get to help some of the local Muslims celebrate Eid and had a wonderful time doing it, I told many local people as well here online about my experiences and what a wonderful time I had doing it.

Some of the local non-Muslims agreed after I recounted my Eid experiences Rome has been short changing us with just 1 day for Christmas!

I think a few more Americans around here will be celebrating Eid next year and my letter to the Pope demanding 2 more days for Christmas for feasting and celebrating friends and family and neighbors and a demand it be applied retroactively giving us all the next 4,012 days off for feasting and gift giving is bound to raise a few eyebrows.

Thanks for posting my friend and Happy Eid to you and your family!

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   

I remember Eid from Childhood, the best description is those butterflies that you get in your stomach.. Every time Eid approached, those butterflies came back to my stomach, because everyone knew many, many, many people would come to your house, and you would go to many, many many people's houses.. Not to mention you have been fasting for 1 whole month, gives you a very different perspective, and a powerful sense of celebration.

The Kheina, the Cloths, that new smell of perfume, the cleanliness, the crowd of happy faces around, the gifts, the hugs, the colorful female cloths, not to mention the damn nice food..

I like the game the women in my house used to play lol.. Each cooked their own meal, mark their plates then serve the guests, who ever's plates came back empty wins lol.. My mom and aunties always played it, my aunty was the best chef

Damn memories..

Eid Mubarak everyone.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join