It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE FIGHT OF THE CENTURY -- Pacquiao vs. Mayweather: Who wins?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Even after the complete domination by Floyd Mayweather Jr. over Juan Manuel Marquez last night, I think Mayweather is, and always has been, afraid of Manny Pacquiao, that's why he took his "early retirement". The fight's coming, we all know it, that's what people want to see. It could be the fight of the century.

As far as I'm concerned Pacquiao dominated Marquez much more when he knocked him down three times in the first round of their first fight. Marquez showed a lot of savvy in that fight after the knockdowns, fighting himself back in it and earning a draw (which was a ridiculous decision IMO).

My prediction of the future fight; Mayweather runs around the ring, not really ever wanting to engage Pacquiao in a brawl, which Mayweather is smart enough to know he'd lose. Pacquiao wins in a decision and forces Mayweather to demand a second fight. If Mayweather were to win in a decision, he'd punk out and retire, claiming he went out as the best ever. HBO pay-per-view knows this, that's why Pacquiao will win the first fight, unless he gets knocked out by Mayweather, and there's no chance in hell that's gonna happen.

Any boxing fans out there want to take a crack at this?

Peace

[edit on 20-9-2009 by Dr Love]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
ohhhh nooo an FM who is a boxing fan!!!!!
Love this site even more...
Mayweather will not win..I agree on this.
Pacquaio is holding all of the cards..
I feel that it will be only one fight though.
Mayweather goes down and needs to stay there. I have certainly enjoyed his career and hoopla.

My favs...Winky Wright and
The Great Kosta Tszyu..
Ricky Hatton got his in the end did he not???

Here's to the ring!!!

Namaste

ZM

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Manny for sure. Floyd Jr. always boxes in a 20 foot ring so he can run around during the fight.

Let's see how Manny does in his next fight coming up.

I don't think it will go all the rounds.

If Manny can get near him he will go down.

BTW I have sat and had a conversation with Manny when he was a very young man. He was 19 or 20 and had just won his first belt.

He was waiting to fly home to P.I.at LAX and so was my wife. He asked me if he could share our table at the food court area.Sat there for about an hour and chatted and I was checking out his belt he carried.

I had NO idea who he was,but my wife did.

There are photos somewhere of us together.The wife sat next to him on the plane all the way to Manila.

Weird thing about this story is in the early 80's waiting for a plane at LAX, I sat and had a personal one on one conversation with Muhammad Ali.

In both instances they approached me and initiated the conversation.

Heard he was a pretty good boxer at one time too.

Both were really nice people to talk to.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by calcoastseeker
Let's see how Manny does in his next fight coming up.

Miguel Cotto's a really good fighter, but he's doesn't have the speed/power combination to keep up with Pacquiao. What I do like about this particular fight though is that MP will force the ever defensive Cotto to open up and throw a lot of punches, much like Margarito made him do.

KO in 7 for Pacquiao, setting up the megafight with Mayweather. BTW, I really doubt Mayweather will mess with Sugar Shane Moseley, not that he wouldn't win, but if you want the payday of a fight with Pacquiao, why even take the chance?

Peace

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Cotto underestimated Margarito, and he took a beating. Cotto couldn't underestimate Pacquiao and he took a hellacious beating yesterday.

I'd say without a doubt we are witnessing the greatest boxer who ever lived, yes better than Ali, Louis, Johnson, Dempsey and Robinson. Pacquiao is utterly ridiculous. His body of work has already surpassed all of those fighters.......and Mayweather's next in line if he doesn't wimp out.

Peace

[edit on 16-11-2009 by Dr Love]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Cotto underestimated Margarito, and he took a beating. Cotto

Peace

[edit on 16-11-2009 by Dr Love]

Yea he didnt account for the plaster in Margarito's gloves.

Manny's offense vs Floyd's defense man this one should be good.
I think we might see floyd open up and throw more combos against manny because pacmans to quick to counter. His feet are to fast plus hes a southpaw and mayweather's had trouble with them before(judah). I see mayweather circling constantly throwing combos and moving while manny tries to beat him to the punch this fight may be won by whoever has the faster feet not the faster hands

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   
i still don't see any chance of Manny beating Mayweather Jr. And people keep giving me that, "he hasn't fought anyone," argument-- same attack they always had on Jones Jr. until Roy got wayyy past his prime and bored with the sport... Point is, Mayweather Jr. and Jones Jr. make fighters LOOK like bums..

and i dont see Pacquiao being quick enough to tag Mayweather enough with the power that he possesses...

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I figure it's time for a bump on this thread since it's the only fight anyone in the world wants to see. I heard an SI reporter on the Dan Patrick show this morning speculate that each of these guys would pocket $50,000,000 after all the PPV numbers were tallied up.

Come on Floyd, stop punking out. Let's get this party started.

Peace

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Come on Floyd, stop punking out. Let's get this party started.
Peace

He knows he can't win.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f1be437bfca0.jpg[/atsimg]

When they do finally fight it's definitely manny pacquiao all the way!

EDIT TO ADD: Manny Pacquiao v Floyd Mayweather Jr superfight still some way from agreement

[edit on 5-5-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I think floyd would win.
He is smart and knows how to do it. I think it would be a borring fight, floyd will be running around backwards throwing jabs and occasionaly his overhand right. When pac comes in floyd will lean black, overhand right, left elbow to pac's face and clinch. He will occasionaly jump in with his left hook and cross, although pac is quick with the straights flyod will probably slip after the left hook and throw a short uppercut to the chin or sloar plexis instead of his usual left hook cross. Remember while mayweather does have a 60% KO ratting only 4 or so of those have been actual knockouts the rest have been TKO or RTD. Pac has 12 knock outs so he knows pac is the stronger guy.
Pac's key to victory is going to have to be going to mayweather's body. Mayweather leaves his left hand down in front and uses that pilly shell with perfection. One of the drawbacks of using it is you are often using your left arm in a somewhat opened position blocking your body when you use that style. Mayweather has excellent headmovement and text book defense. Mayweather catches people when they load up for that big right to land on him. So pac will have to put everything he's got into mayweather's body more specifically mayweather's left elbwo. After a few rounds of that mayweather would not be able to use his left arm to do anything but block his body. With the lead hook gone pac would have to stick with his fast straights, quick one twos to the head and body. Then he will have to keep stepping back not getting greedy so mayweather does not have the chance to throw those counters.

We will just have to see, floyd might just be putting it off in hopes of getting a bigger purse. I do think that if flyod starts losing the fight in the latter rounds he will intentionaly try to get DQ'd and ask for a rematch with insane agreements (like 70/30 split) so the fight will never happen and he can continue to cherry pick the other contenders. I know a lot of people do not like floyd but keep in mind he has gone toe to toe with the big names just as pac man has.

It will not be the action packed fight everyone wants to see but will be long thought out and strategic.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by zaiger]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
It would be very close man.... perhaps too close to call.

I think maybe Just Mayweather pips it.... My head says Pac Man but my heart says Mayweather.

I dunno man...

I know it's prob not gonna happen.... but I really wish it would.

top topics

join