It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America is not a racist country (never was)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I think you better go check your history my friend since you
have some glaring errors in it. Jackson wasn't president in
1866, Johnson was. I'm also fairly sure Sherman wasn't
involved in indian affairs in new mexico territory. Sherman
was Grant's aid though much of the war and went on to command
his own army that marched through georgia and then to virginia.

Also the Apaches were never a plains tribe, they lived in the mountains
and deserts of the southwest.
respectfully yours, ata

Im thinking maybe it was Gen George Crook who told the indians
to go back to their lands, my children.
[edit on 21-9-2009 by Asktheanimals]

[edit on 21-9-2009 by Asktheanimals]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

America is not a racist country (never was)

Being of partial Native American and European immigrant descent. I've heard both sides of this debate/discussion/argument.

I hear what you're saying their was never a set policy of racism. You're absolutely right. There was even a civil war fought in part over the race issue. Is there blood on our Governments hands? Yes only a fool would deny such activities. But I agree there was never a set policy in place.

S & F

I'm working on a new in depth thread called something along the lines of

American=Mutt Proudly

stay tuned.

PEACE

Slay

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Are you really avoiding the topic of slavery? The forced servitude of people because of their race? You realize that slavery was backed by the government for decades right? Is that not institutional racism?

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

It's threads like this that make me question the sanity of ATS and the folks that post here.

Easy to sit behind a computer and DENY decades of recorded history all for the point of "being right".

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by The Transhumanist

Slavery had nothing to do with the Africans being black. It was all about cheap labor. Who rounded up the slaves for sale? Black african tribes. Where is slavery still going on? Africa. There has been slavery as long as there have been Africans. Are the black Africans racists?

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by stevegmu

Easy to say if you weren't there.

And after slavery ended in this country (well, mostly), how did these folks get treated? Why, they got fire hoses turned on them, they got dragged behind trucks and hung.

Don't try and tell us that it's not racist. Even a blind man knows when someone's being a fool.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I cannot believe that you are saying that the USA is not a racist country.
Having lived in several countries, both in the American continent and Europe, and having traveled extensively throughout the world, I can honestly say that the USA is in the top 3 most racist countries I have ever been to.

I know it is hard for you to accept, but believe me, you are scary racists. Lots of ignorant people who will not change their ponts of view.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Yes the slave trade was made possible by Africans participating in the system. I am only referring to slaves in America however. If an African King had enslaved a white English speaking person and that person was shipped to America, he would have been instantly freed upon arrival. America was racist because it only saw non whites as potential slaves. America is no longer a racist country as a whole although racism is still running rampant albeit thinly veiled through much of the country today.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join