It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy? Wipe your nose with this...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by Hazelnut

No idea on that one.

Another thing of interest though is a by-product of bleaching the paper.

Dioxins.

www.idph.state.il.us...

www.bioliving.com.au...

[edit on 20/9/09 by Chadwickus]

I thought the following points from your first link were worth pasting into the thread to help discussion and understanding of the treatment of tissue paper used on the body.

Dioxins are a group of chemicals that form as unwanted byproducts from incomplete burning of household and industrial waste. They also can be produced during bleaching of paper pulp and the manufacture of certain chlorinated chemicals like polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs), chlorinated phenols, chlorinated benzene and certain pesticides. Exhaust from vehicles, forest fires, and burning wood also releases dioxins into the air. Very small amounts of dioxins, that are not considered harmful, are present in bleached paper products including facial or toilet tissue, paper towels, and disposable diapers...

...Dioxins do not easily dissolve in water, so they tend to settle to the bottom and cling to the sediment. Dioxins last for a very long time in the environment before breaking down. In surface waters and sediments, dioxins can pass into aquatic organisms and eventually find their way into the food chain. Dioxins are easily absorbed by animals and are stored in fatty tissue....

...Dioxin exposure can cause a severe skin condition called chloracne, which results in small, pale yellow skin lesions that may last from weeks to years. Dioxins can cause short-term liver effects without any visible symptoms. Studies of people exposed to high levels of dioxins through occupation, accidents or military service do not suggest that adverse health affects will occur at low levels in the environment. A large historical study suggested workers exposed to dioxins for many years had increased cancer rates. However, other environmental factors may be related to the cancer. Studies have shown that reproductive, immune and nervous systems of the developing fetus and children are more susceptible to dioxins.

This fact sheet was supported in part by funds from the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act trust fund through a cooperative agreement with the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry, Public Health Service, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by scubagravy

Interesting. I always felt like tissues make me sneeze more after I use them. Here's evidence that I'm not crazy =)

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I knew id get a bit of a laugh making this thread, but as it turns out, there is a slight possibility that the idea has some substance. Thanx to all that took part.

And remember, TRY NOT TO USE TISSUES FOR YOUR ISSUES

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: scubagravy

Anybody care to concur yet ?

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 01:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: scubagravy
a reply to: scubagravy

Anybody care to concur yet ?

It seems plausable to me.

Have you looked into it again for any new evidence over the past 8 years?

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Only from friends and family i told all those years ago,That thread is dated 8 years ago.....(where the hell does the time go my friend ) ?..... they tried it and swear by it.

posted on Oct, 19 2017 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
reply to post by Hazelnut

No idea on that one.

Another thing of interest though is a by-product of bleaching the paper.

Dioxins.

www.idph.state.il.us...

www.bioliving.com.au...

[edit on 20/9/09 by Chadwickus]

wow...i always felt tissues made me worse.....and wanna sneeze....somehow i knew my whole life.....he.....he

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join