It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Experiment May Have Caused Strange Light That Was Seen In The Sky

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
This is very interesting to me for a variety of reasons.

But just to add...this was spoken of at space weather and some other science sites before the launch happened. Its not like this was a surprise when it occurred, sites were talking about the launch and experiment before it happened. Now if there was no talk of the experiment before the occurrence, then all of the sudden NASA is saying it was an experiment....then that is different. To sum up my thoughts, I dont think this is a UFO or anything due to the fact that it was predicted to occur (talked about ahead of time).

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

NASA have never seen a UFO. They are completely useless to go to for the truth.

I really dont care what they think. They have the reputation they deserve.

One of many documentaries involving NASA and UFO's: Linkage

[edit on 20-9-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo
This is very interesting to me for a variety of reasons.

But just to add...this was spoken of at space weather and some other science sites before the launch happened. Its not like this was a surprise when it occurred, sites were talking about the launch and experiment before it happened. Now if there was no talk of the experiment before the occurrence, then all of the sudden NASA is saying it was an experiment....then that is different. To sum up my thoughts, I dont think this is a UFO or anything due to the fact that it was predicted to occur (talked about ahead of time).

Okay, I am keeping an open mind as to what I saw on Tues, 15th of September at 9.50pm, UK. So far what I saw cannot easily be explained by various natural phenomenon such as sprites, lightning or noctilucent clouds. If, big IF, this was in my sighting, due to the Nasa launch, is the timing not short by at least a few hours?

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Personally, I have little to no doubt that NASA did, in fact, launch a rocket. They do it all the time. And the UFO sightings seem to me to be consistent with some stage of the rocket igniting in high atmosphere -- a brief rocket flame in low air pressure could very well resemble a blue-white beam to people on the ground.

But this particular incident does strike up my imagination. NASA is using this rocket to "create an artificial cloud," to examine the nature of a certain type of high-atmosphere cloud. Even if everything about this situation is true, that's pretty cool. But if it turns out that there is any reality to the rumors of NASA making occasional contact with ET's above the atmosphere, this seems like it would be a prime candidate for a cover.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus
reply to post by JimOberg

NASA have never seen a UFO. They are completely useless to go to for the truth.

I really dont care what they think. They have the reputation they deserve.

One of many documentaries involving NASA and UFO's: Linkage

Also, with regard to this"experiment", WTF do they think they are doing? Do they own the planet?

With agencies like these you really have to look at what they are doing, why, and who is funding them. Anyone who would take their official line at face value must be very naive.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by maya27

I dont think I could determine if your sighting would of been in sync with the launch time or not. And I am open minded also and if this shows to not be in sync then I am ready to discuss other things besides a NASA experiment. Ill look into the times but I would feel better if someone who understood this experiment better would look into the times and posts their thoughts also, I didnt pay too close attention to when sightings began and the time the experiment would of shown itself in the sky.

Very interesting factors there maya. It would seem there is a need to determine the times to see if like what you say, there is a few hours difference in the occurrences.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I witnessed this with my son in the night sky last night. It was quite a sight to see, but nothing to call the TV stations about in my opinion. I've been reading up on the cloud testing that they have been doing.

It was a nice thing to see, my son asked me why it looked almost like lightning. I'll be showing him the websites later on and explain to him "what it's suppose to be".

Just another reason to spend some quality time with my boy.

A_L

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

Cheers for that. I hope to discuss this further, maybe after I get my work done and have a good read up on all this nasa launch stuff myself.

Although what I came across last night of the NASA launch, it wasn't til after my sighting. Also, have there been two separate launches, one on 15th and one on 19th?

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by maya27

From what I have been reading in the last few mins maya, your sighting was on the 15...is that right?

From what I understand the launch was actually on the 19th (someone correct me if I am wrong).

So if you saw something on the 15th then we arent just talking hours, we are talking days of difference.

Since the launch was originally scheduled for the 15 it is confusing info on the internet. But from looking at a couple forums where people keep up with these launches so they can brake out binoculars and telescopes, people are saying the launch they felt they were watching was on the 19th.

So I wonder what it is that you saw!? A sprite or elf (spelling on those?) would be my first thoughts. Curious if others were sighting something similar in your area around the same time.

*edit to add* looks like we posted at the same time thinking the same things...cheers!

[edit on 20-9-2009 by LeoVirgo]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by maya27

Maya, is this what you saw? Linkage

Thats no rocket.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

Thank you.

I am laughing MAO, she certainly sounds like I did.
This could very well be what caused what we saw, but the area of sky was completely covered in low clouds, so what we saw looked like it could have had that UFO sitting right above it doing exactly what it is doing in the video. No colours though, just very large spotlights that went on and off and rotated like there was something large with spotlights rotating.

My son and I went out on our bikes and cycled around the area for 20 mins looking for some kind of explaination and to get a better view. I think I may have seen a bright light shoot off in the sky, but my heart had been poundin,g so I might have imagined that due to adrenalin pumping.

Great vid, ta What do you think ?

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by maya27

Originally posted by maya27
Great vid, ta What do you think ?

I think something unknown was in the sky that night and NASA is making up cover stories for the press to distribute.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Thanks again for finding that video, my son will be really chuffed to see the object that was flashing at him. I wish we had had clearer skies that night.

Maybe they were making their presence known because they don't like what NASA are doing! Or because something is happening within our solar system which is going to have a bad effect on Earth?

Back to the NASA experiment, if an "experiment" can cause so many people in different countries to witness such anomalies, how harmful might such experiments be? I don't think they should be allowed to just go do things like that when they are like kids with toys and don't fully understand the implications of what they are doing. Or do they?

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by maya27

Not sure. I found a interesting thing about this September 19 object though: on this blog, you have like 8 or 9 pages with people seeing something in the sky on September 19:

myufo.com...

For other days previous to that, there is hardly any posts at all.

So whatever it was, lots of people saw it from many different states. Their descriptions seems to focus around seeing a white cone-shaped light.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Maya

Here is a forum with people form the UK talking about lights in the sky on the 15th (not the night of the launch of CARE). Most of the reports come from Glasgow I think.

www.hiddenglasgow.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   

That was interesting. I'm not a UFO buff, so I don't know much about the different sightings, but those sounded quite similar, in regard to white lights and cone shape and a mist. One was dated 17th sept.

I had headaches for a few days before the night we saw those lights, and on the night before, at around the same time, my mobile fone bleeped for no reason

Also, as I stated before, my ears felt pressure change and for some strange reason I jumped up and went through to the kitchen and opened the window. And I was queezy through the night after the sighting.

I hope others come forward who have experienced any sightings like this recently.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Thank you. I shouldn't book myself in to the local asylum just yet then? LOL

Whew!

Seriously, BIG thanks to all you intelligent and open minded folks who didn't just put down or jump in with the usual dismisive stuff.

I think we should all get out and look up to the sky, busy place at the momment!

Am gonna "friend" you guys, if you don't mind?

S&F to the op for starting the thread.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by maya27
Seriously, BIG thanks to all you intelligent and open minded folks who didn't just put down or jump in with the usual dismisive stuff.

They will come, they always do.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Sorry if I missed that post of yours earlier. to clarify. Yes, my sighting was Tues, 15th at 9.50pm in Glasgow.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Perhaps the rocket was launched to intercept an object that has been sitting in our high atmosphere?
Anyone ever consider this?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join