It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The world I live in.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Interesting post Zazzy.

If I may..

The world I live in is very strange. Folks abuse each other to acquire things they could get even more easy just by asking.

The people in my world allow others ,strangers to them, to rule over them as if someone other than the individual has control over the individual.

In my world their are these deluded folk that want to save the animals so much that they dislike their own human kind....and while I can understand I still think humans need to save themselves first before they can begin saving other animals.

In the world I see folks care very little about things like religion and politics. They pay it lip service but do not contemplate nor enjoy discussing these topics..

Money or the acquisition of things seem to drive them more than the plain desire to be happy. They confuse their amount of things with fulfillment.

Worst of all the folks with lots of money and things are so obsessed with getting more that they start wars and oppress innocents in their lust for more.

It is a very strange and twisted world I live in. So strange I have taken my own steps to pull away from the craziness and moved to a small place in the country. And yet... The strange craziness still follows me here. Small town folk seem to have animosity for the folks that live in the country because they have no desire to live in a town or a city. They seem to be enamored with the same symptoms of big city folk.

And it is all I can do to take care of me and mine and hope... and wait...I do what I can to be the change I want to see and I suppose thats the best any of us can do in this strange world.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asherah
Also, I believe I live in a world where I see so many children whose parents are not that invested in them. I'm seeing 13 year olds, who don't know how to spell or read. I don't understand why people are no longer horrified by the fact that our youth are being pushed through the school system without ever knowing how to read. Something must change about this. Many parents seem to be living in an alternate reality and are so disconnected from their own children.

I couldnt agree more. They were not invested in themselves, and their children will do the same when their turn comes.

Replication of self is how it works, we need to understand self and pass that down.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by titorite

Titor I feel for americans, and any other people who cant get basic health care. Health care is a human right, but the denial of it because of money is just another form of enslavement.

You have moved, but you take you with you wherever you go. And the people in the country will not be enlightened just because they live in the country, if anything they have built up their own unique insular fear system.

Understand self, and it wont matter what they think, understand them also and what fears and emotions they are shackled to, there is a kind of peace that comes with that understanding.

Edit spelling.

[edit on 20-9-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Aye.... I hear ya. Almost makes me wonder if you have any Buddhist tendencies

When ever I get to thinking too much about this world I like to think about the world of 100 years ago... 1909 by this year...

100 years ago few had electricity... No kids stuck on TV no moms distracted by internet... No cars... No 16 year olds nagging parents for their first car...

No massive prison systems attempting to incarcerate all not in compliance with the system.

No genetically modified food no terminator seeds no body going through a super early puberty thanks to growth hormones in foods..

We still had the conspirators and those addicted to power but they did not have the tools of mass brainwashing and world wide enslavement that they have today...

Yup 100 years ago was a mess different from today...

Aye... its fun to reminisce sometimes.

And now I shall hit reply with my electronic mouse and return to the year 2009.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz
reply to post by Mahree

I agree it is our our inhumanity or humanity, depending on what we think is human.

I dont rely on a god to save me from that which we have created.

Webster's new world dictionary

humanity: (1) the fact or quality of being human or (2) humane. mankind; people

inhumanity: not having worthy human characteristics; heartless, cruel, brutal, etc.

No, we don't rely on God to save us. God created us human and we have all the tools we need to clean up the mess ourselves.

We are human, we can control our baser instincts of anger, lust, envy and greed. We can feel concern and love for our neighbor. We could control our greed for all the material stuff we feel that we have to have and feed those starving peoples of the world.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Stop thinking so much and pop some happy pills and/or buy some cool gear you can show off to your friends.

If you just buy some more stuff, you WILL be happier.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I believe most people (in fact, all people) are truly good, it's just so much corruption seeps down from the authority in society that we often forget what's really important.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
There have been 7 world empires, look at the egyptians , they had the israelite as slaves ,they dominated the known world, and thats what empires are all about , DOMINATION, grown from 1 to 7, nowadays its done with persuasion, education, never the less its, do as you are told.

In these days of awareness, we as individuals are not an island anymore, we reach out to others , and get a response,like here on ats.
For once we the peoples voice is being heard as a collectied mass universally.

The age of aquarius, times are a changing, the decisions are with us, we can make the right choices but who will influence us the choices are the right ones?
is it our heart? our head? both? all the good that i think, i can do, all the bad we used to think , we forget, we change, and we encourage others also, we look after no. 1 first then we help others,who are in genuine need ,and are genuinely grateful.(you can make a person happy by giving him 10 dollars, but give 10 people a dollar each and make 10 people happy)
No longer do we agree to hurt or kill others. we are passing through this life,try to enjoy the journey, if you cannot help others give them a smile.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Starred and flagged.
Great. Eloquent. True.
Well done.

I wish our intellectual artistic elite would be more expressive of the
same line of thought. That would have a major impact on many.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   

zazzafrazzles, I love seeing you on the ATS side of the boards.

When you mentioned de-programming yourself, you must remember one important thing.

To take out something, by "de-programming" one's self, you must replace it, with something.

I say replace the part you have excised, with love, not hatred.

I say replace the part you have excised, with intelligence, not ignorance.

I say replace the part you have excised, with education, not blind belief.

I say replace the part you have excised, with knowledge, not lack of it.

I say replace the part you have excised, with experience, not running away.

I say replace the part you have excised, with guidance, not losing yourself.

I say replace the part you have excised, with peace, not war.

I say replace the part you have excised, with friends, not enemies.

I have heard this song and watched this video over a thousand times.

Each time it reaches into my heart and lifts it up.

I consider you a beloved friend, zazzafrazz, proud to know you and have you.

Sick Puppies : All The Same Lyrics

I do have to say though, that I do not live in that world you live in, while it is still the planet Earth, it is not the same planet you have described here, at least not to me.

Why, I bet you are asking, is this man, disagreeing with me, or anyone else for that matter?

Because, I affect a change in those who come into my presence.

Because, I influence those who come into my presence.

Because, I make that change for the better when they come into my presence.

Because, I am a man who sees in others what they do not see in themselves.

Because, I push people to rise up instead of lower themselves to degradation.

Because, I take a higher path when attacked when they do not agree with me.

I am not perfect, far from it, but I make, affect, and push for that change in those who may or may not necessarily see it, or know how to get to it.

I do not only "de-program" myself, but "re-program" myself, on a daily basis.

Flagged, starred, and D.I.G.G.'ed.

[edit on 20-9-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
WOW!! zazz you made me cry...

I have often said that we must all stop participating in this 'game' that the elite has created for us and start to create our own game of love, peace, understanding, respect, harmony, etc....

If we ALL did this, their game would end, there would be no one to play it....if we all collectively did this we could truly change the world....

Great thread....S&F

PEACE and LOVE...

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I have the same mindset as you.

However, when I talk to my friends who are supposedly the brightest (.1%) in the nation, they disregard me. They would tell me "you have no idea what you are talking about."

Then I would just get pissed and leave and think "if this is the best the world can give, then the world is #ed"

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
my world is nothing like that, but thanks for sharing.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Very profound post zazz, I hope a lot of people read it and take heed. Your outlook on reality is very insightful to say the least.
Your post was almost "Presidential" or epic in tone and style,lol-but that is a good thing. I really do not have much to add here but wanted to say thank you for posting this.

S/F....

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Is this planet/world really what you think it is?

ALL Religion has a core of truth, but it's drowning in a sea of perversions...

Don't you see that's the point?

Work on yourself, fighting for what you want is unimportant, this physical manifenstation is unimportant.... Your missing the point and getting caught up in the barriers at which are laid our for you... A test, it's all a test.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
That aint workin thats the way you do it money for nothing and your chicks for free.
-dire straights.

What we see here is exactly how it has been for thousands of years. A bunch of people talking about it on ATS is not going to make a difference unless we gather our collective strength and brains together and do something. My Opa spent 13 months in a concentration camp in Bulgaria during the war because he was considered a Gypsie. Which he was not. He was a Catholic just like the men who tried him and jailed him. Life aint fair and as soon as you realise this you can see why people do such horrible things. So that it doesent HAPPEN to them!

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Thank you for this post. There is a constant humming background sound on this earth - it is the cry of pain of all the creatures and the earth itself. I have wondered why I am here - Why have I been sent here or chose to come to this place that is the kindergarten of the soul, or as some say - the bootcamp of the soul.

I feel that many come here to help - they are the ones who are not inflicting pain but try to ease it and enlighten others - I am learning about all this while here - but I am honest in stating that I have no desire to ever return to this planet again. During this time, millions are sharing real knowledge with others and this may be the beginning of an advancement for those on this planet. If we really are spiritual beings, then earth can be transformed. I constantly remind myself that there are many good people. I meet them every day. They are not found in large numbers in the corridors of power. But even there, they exist.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko
I believe most people (in fact, all people) are truly good, it's just so much corruption seeps down from the authority in society that we often forget what's really important.

I do also.

We are mostly incarnated good, but are programmed poorly, from not just TPTB, but our parents and teachers.
Not all is meant. Most dont take time to think about what makes them who they are, the very fears that drive their emotions, then take the time to process that.

On the other hand I see parents like my sister and brother, and a Moderator here on ATS, a single dad and I smile, cause all is well with the world then

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Psychonaughty

Is this planet/world really what you think it is?

ALL Religion has a core of truth, but it's drowning in a sea of perversions...

Don't you see that's the point?

Work on yourself, fighting for what you want is unimportant, this physical manifenstation is unimportant.... Your missing the point and getting caught up in the barriers at which are laid our for you... A test, it's all a test.

Working on self is the point of the post, perhaps reread it.

The planet isnt how I THINK it is, I have listed facts, my families war expierence is particularly close to me, and not a made up, but a reality, though i wish it werent.

Interestingly, I still hold no hard feelings to their perpetrators, as I understand the fear drivers of those who caused them pain.

I also said I live a rich and full life, I just wish that most could have the same.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus

Stop thinking so much and pop some happy pills and/or buy some cool gear you can show off to your friends.

If you just buy some more stuff, you WILL be happier.

LMAO

i like it.
I dont need happy pills, I am an annoyingly happy chick

I also like shoes, so what to do, what to do.
We can have balance.
We can still like Jimmy Choo shoes, and understand self and have empathy for our human collective

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join