It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would be the one unessecery item you would take?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
My girlfriend.

No seriously, my girlfriend.

No seriously, thought I was going to say my girlfriend again didn't you. My dishwasher, oh wait, that's my girlfriend.

Really, paper & pencil, to write notes about my travels.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Playing cards. Uno Cards.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by The Utopian Penguin

OMG! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!

Anyone know how to make a kazoo out of a squirrel ?

*wipes away the tears* THANK YOU FOR THAT! I've been laughing for near half an hour!

I would take my copies of 1984 and The Once and Future King. I have a feeling that if a singular government were installed, these books would wind up being grounds for execution and would all be destroyed. I'd like to know mine were safe with me. Or that I died with them.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I would probably take my PDA and hand-crank charger. I've got lots of good info available on my PDA, even without cell phone service.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

Gunnna have to second that one, but if i had to choose another... A case of some fine whiskey.

Maybe a kazoo?

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Photos of family, something to take out to bring back good memories no matter how bad things may get.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

My bag of Ping Golf clubs. Imagine the courses you could play you wouldn't normally be able to. Augusta, Torey Pines, Carnoustie, St Andrews, Valdarama, and no no would see you pinging it into the water or woods!!!

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Well My Hard Drive...

One day I will have a computer again for real... and my movies,my games, my software...

My real machine has like, a fortune of software and junk and all my e-books... from The complete Asimov Collection, to How to Move like a Ninja...

lol A Terra byte of me stuff...

My photos Omg... My family, friends, Kids... My copy's of Pluckys avatars...

gps locs of over 2000 Sasquatch sightings

all my affiliate passwords so I can spam again as soon as I get back online.

Definitely my Hard Drive

But i'll delete Wow first... because there will be real mutants outside to occupy me 24/7 by the time we raid them all out in rl I'll never want an adventure again

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   
An MP3 player. The more features it has, the better. But mainly, I'd just like an extremely well-made MP3 player that can hold lots and lots of songs.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

That is a great idea about removing your hard drive.I would pack some pictures of my grandchildren. I can't wear perfume because of allergies,
how about a lipstick and lipgloss?

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Retikx
reply to post by Common Good

Gunnna have to second that one, but if i had to choose another... A case of some fine whiskey.

That's a good one.
My memories are with me already and I personally don't need artifacts to keep them alive. But good whiskey is hard to come by!

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Hi! As in normal times I could not limit myself to one item:
Dog, children's photos, handlotion, perfume, lipstick, chocolate,
address book, survival book, what plants are edible book, historical
fictional novel, playing cards. I know my kids would pack their game
machines (nintendo dsl, ipod) , games, and batteries. They probably would have severe withdrawal attacks. No computer..... just awful.
Mentally I think we are too advanced to be thrown in to the dark
unintelligent era. I think we would scavage our lives back, the survival of the fittiest and most intelligent. The numbers of people is so large (6.6 billion). Only the astroid impact that happens every 2 to 3 million years
would be the worst in my opinion. I also feel you shouldn't leave your land
property unless absolutely necessary, like it on not that is your spot.
Roming around on other peoples land could get you shot at, even today.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Tweezers and a mirror.

I wouldn't want to be caught dead with a unibrow!

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

I don't actually know it's not a mandatory, so small fits in the pocket of a back pack. I think maybe HD was too good of an idea... We should all bring it, once things are on track we would be able to plug back in as our Internet was almost instantly.

I make jokes but I also have allot of good information on HD all it takes is a water tight pouch and static bag.

so Unnecessary?

Action figures

I'd probably grab a few of my favorites off the shelf before i run... and I have a Comic book or two that might be worth quite a bit if most of the world goes the heck on fire

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

Tweezers and a mirror are useful survival items on their own. A mirror can be used for signaling for help, and tweezers can be used for removing splinters (important, because they get infected easily.) It's a good idea to have them both in your first aid kit.

That frees you up to pick something more fun :-p

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Probably for me a nessessity would be cigarettes and alcohol could use as a form of currency if the situation came down to that.

But an unnessisary thing that I would take would be The US Constitution (I have a little booklet) and my camera (digital small fits in pocket) and/or guitar to write songs about what was happening to keep me sane.

maybe if i was sentimental my blanket from when i was born, yes i still have that for the past 20 years, just to remind me of home.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I have seen a lot of great ideas here, so I won't repeat them.
I would love to bring a lot of stuff, but if I had to narrow it down to one personal item.............................................................................
A Transformer.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I suppose I'd have to take along my petrified alien head.

A volleyball and a wig might get a bit cumbersome.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Nah, that's part of the survival kit. Doesn't count.

------------------------------------------------------------

Myself, I would take an MP3 Player with some great music on it. Whats the point of living if there is no music to listen to?

Otherwise I would probably take my dog, but that would be functional I guess. Dogs are good for hunting and mine has one hell of a nose!

[edit on 29-9-2009 by DaMod]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   

I'd take the wife.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join