It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So America, if you're not Ignorant, Lazy, Gutless Cowards... Prove It! DO Something!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
This is the third thread in a three part series concerning the future of this country, and our role in it.

The first thread, Americans are Ignorant, Lazy, Gutless Cowards who live in Fear, was designed to get you thinking about how we got into our current situation, and what our current situation really is.

The second thread, OK, now that I have your attention, what kind of world do you want to leave for your posterity?, was designed to get you thinking about what kind of future you really want to build, but it did not get much attention. Apparently, you need to insult people to get them to even pay attention. I do recommend giving the OP a read before continuing.

So, to recap, the real problem we face here is the two party system, parties of polar opposite ideologies, and the stranglehold of Corporations and Special Interest Groups over elected officials from both parties. So, what can we do? Simple really... doesn't require protests... doesn't require an overthrow or revolution... doesn't require a new Constitution... It just requires you to DO something. GET INVOLVED!

For too long those in the center, whether they lean right, lean left, or are dead center in ideology, have sat quietly and let the two extremes battle for control of all levels of government. Local, state and federal control. We have sat quietly too long and let the two extremes battle for our vote. How many times have you had to choose between the 'lesser of two evils', or not voted at all because of the choices available. Guess what? WE ARE THE VOTING MAJORITY! Without us, neither party has the votes to win a cupie doll! IT'S TIME TO TAKE OUR COUNTRY BACK FROM THE EXTREMISTS, THE CORPORATIONS AND THE SPECIAL INTEREST GROUPS!

It's time for a Grassroots Movement, one to end the two party system, one to end the control of corporations and special interests over legislation, one to put We, The People, back in charge... The way it was supposed to be. In 2010, we need to replace every Democrat and Republican in the House of Representatives with an Independent. In 2010, we need to replace one third of the Senate with Independents. In 2012, we need to put an Independent in the White House. In 2012, we need to replace another third of the Senate with Independents. In 2014, we need to finish the job in the Senate, thus putting the two party system into the history books, were it belongs.

Who should these candidates be? Not George the lawyer, not Bill the Corporate CEO, but Jim the barber, or Linda the waitress, or Phil down at the feed and seed. Common citizens, not professional politicians or beauracrats. Plain ole common folk. If your area is basically conservative, elect a basically conservative representative. If your area is basically liberal, elect a basically liberal representative. You get the idea. Our government was set up for the common citizen to be able to serve their district or state, not just lawyers and such. The ideology will not change, but the motive will. No more party loyalty, but instead constituency loyalty.

Now until these Independents get the job done, there should be things included on all of their individual campaign platforms. Here's a list:

1. A Constitutional Amendment banning lobbying elected officials by any and all special interests group. If a group wants something, let them come testify in front of an open commitee in Congress where all can see. No more late night meetings out of the public eye.

2. A Constitutional Amendment banning campaign contributions from anyone but private citizens, and then with a $10,000 limit as to eliminate the 'buying' of elected officials.

3. A Constitutional Amendment limiting terms in office to two terms regardless of position. Max of 4 years in the House, 12 years in the Senate. NO MORE LIFETIME CONGRESSMEN!

4. A Constitutional Amendment requiring a balanced budget, except in times of a national emergency, such as a war.

5. A Law or Laws limiting the size of Corporations. No more Mega Corps.! If we keep them small, they have less influence over policy and if they fail, they won't bring the whole economy with them without a bailout. Capitalism does not work when Corporations are allowed to grow unchecked and unregulated.

6. A Constitutional Amendment to do away with the Electoral College. It's an outdated provision that is no longer necessary in the modern world. Winner is declared by total popular vote, thus every vote does count!

I am sure more can be added, but that's a good start. Once we have these goals achieved, then the individual elected officials can set their own agendas.

Now I know this has all been said before, but here's the difference; I'm challenging you to DO something. Start a group in your local area, in your state, espousing these ideals. Don't just sit in front of your computer and posting anonymously, get involved! You can do this through MySpace, or Facebook, or twitter, or a host of other internet networking sites. Post your state here and get in touch with other ATSer's there to coordinate your efforts. Once I have finished moving, you can bet that I will be doing so in my new home state of Arizona (if one of you doesn't beat me to it!), I WILL get involved. Once a sizable group of like minded individuals is gathered, take it to the streets. Hold public rallies. Get media attention. SPREAD THE WORD!

The last election did prove one thing: Americans do have the Audacity of Hope, they crave Change they can Believe In, but the guy that got elected just can't deliver it. BUT YES WE CAN!

It's time to stop being Red States & Blue States, and start being the United States again!

United we stand, divided we fall.
Aesop

Take a good look at the division that we now have and ask yourself, can you afford to NOT get involved....

Edit to add #6 in the list...

[edit on 19-9-2009 by JaxonRoberts]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
i'm all for your suggestions except for #3, the problem with that is like with everything else, experience is the key.

would you want doctors to have to start a new career after 4 years? and have some new doctor operate (fresh out of med school) on you.

if this country wasn't so complex to run, with all the different areas of expertise needed to write law, then i would say great.

and with the passage of the other 4 excellent ideas into law, i think the need for #3 would become moot.

[edit on 19-9-2009 by jimmyx]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
No one wants to leave their comfortZone, just give it time, people will not even bother getting out of the coach to even save their children....

Until one accept the fact that tptb are numbing us down with chemicals, we aint gonna do shait, and when we figure out that it is actually so, we are too weak to do any thing ...

Codex is coming now, and with all those rediculing the chemtrailing around the world thinking NAHH it is too expensive, in the mean time, we are destroyed internaly by Barium from these trails and we will be weaker and more woundrable to bio attacks,Schwine Flu for one example..

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Overly complex laws are part of the problem.... Career Politicians are part of the problem... After two terms in the house, a candidate could run for the Senate, then run for the White House. That's 24 years of public service. And do you really think that our current elected officials actually write legislation themselves???

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

"6. A Constitutional Amendment to do away with the Electoral College. It's an outdated provision that is no longer necessary in the modern world. Winner is declared by total popular vote, thus every vote does count!"

I have always had a problem with the Electoral College. Thanks to the Electoral College we now have about 8 or 9 states deciding each presidential election. The rest have a solid majority of either Democrats or Republicans, so if you are a member of the minority party in any of these states, your presidential vote basically evaporates. The vast majority of the candidates' resources and attention go to those key swing states while the rest of us are mostly ignored.

I wasn't a big Al Gore fan, but I've often wondered what the last 9 years would have been like if the popular vote had prevailed in 2000.

(By the way, your avatar is hilarious!)

[edit on 9/19/2009 by AntManBee]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Nice post, my friend. Nice.

In the past, I've had to deal with friends and family that were/are alcoholics.

Why bring it up? Because before THEY could really make a change they had to hit bottom. Before that, they could justify any and everything just to get another drink.

Our "leaders"
are those alcoholics, who haven't hit bottom yet. They justify everything they do just to get another drink of power. The american people are the enablers. They give these sots another sip, just one for the road, another bottle if they really, really promise not to do anything bad.

In order to turn this country around, we, as a nation, have to hit bottom. It will suck, it will be hard.

But until that time, we'll hear excuses, and just give them one. . . more. . . stinking drink.

*gods! Now I need a drink!*

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Visit SCOTUS suit 09-6777 as I'm the Susan in the caption, Susan V Obama, Roberts, Hull and The US. A response is due from the US on 11/02/09 but the US is now in default as it defaulted on 11/05/08 last year, the day after the election as the US faield to respond at all to a prior suit. That's case 08-6622. I'm that Susan also: In Re Susan. I posted parts of the new suit under a thread entitled two quick quotes about what's wrong with Obama but trust me, it's not two quick quotes, lol.

I'm the one and only American ever since William Marbury in 1803 to enter SCOTUS directly and force direct action as WHO do you think informed John Roberts that the US defaulted if not for me? He directly entered me and took direct action on 11/20/08 so you might want to look in a mirror the next time you're thinking we're all lazy, gutless slobs.

I took on every criminal and every unconstitutional action and institution in America. Anybody can author an essay!

I'm just teasin' ya. But I really am In Re Susan and now Susan V Obama and Roberts. Go look on the SCOTUS site!

[edit on 5-10-2009 by Original Founder]

new topics

top topics

join