It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When someone repllies to any notification sent?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I was wondering if someone #1 comments on a thread and someone #2 replies to your comment, is their any notification sent to #1? I know their is a list of your posts located at your home page, public profile, and your posts are cataloged their, but it would be handy if their was a notification like the U2U notification. Has anyone have an answer or is this something the mods could answer?

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

I just replied to ya.. no U2U?

Actually, no, as in a lot of high volume forums, the reply is meant only to keep subconversations organized. I personally would like to see a hierarchical layout for this forum so we could track subthreads, but that might not be too popular.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Ok, should I post in the suggestions for an idea like this? I believe it would be handy and keep threads going for awhile longer and fresh ideas. Sometimes I comment on threads and it would be nice to see others reactions/comments in return instead of having to go back and search through all your posts. Thanks for your time.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Any suggestion is generally welcomed by the Admins, although they don't necessarilly act on it and they don't always see it. I perrsonally think it is a great idea, but they would have to redesign the U2U screen a bit to make it managable for lifeless shmucks like me who don't have anything better to do than converse on ATS for hours on end..

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
So something like if you "reply to" a post, the user you replied to would be notified of the reply as would everyone who was subscribed to the thread in general? And then also maybe have some "threaded" or "tree view" of the topic, kind of like how some file managers (Windows Explorer for instance) organize files? This way replies to posts could be seen "threaded" like many other forums do, and there could also be an option for "flat" viewing like we have now.
I kind of like the idea- that way you wouldn't have to sift through 10 pages of content to find that one reply to your post from page 2 which appears on page 11.

join