It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSN Homepage: Pay with a wave of your hand?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Here, with a link on the front page of MSN, they seem to be trying to get the go go go hurry hurry working moms to like the idea of an RFID chip in their hand...

articles.moneycentral.msn.com...

It started with RFID chips in credit cards, which you "wave" in front of the machine. Not too sure how that's soooo much easier than a "swipe"?

Regardless, it's trying to get people to jump on the bandwagon now before permanent implants and your entire wallet gets put onto this chip. Cards, ID, and "cash" which will soon be dead.

Good Morning America had the president of VeriChip on and he spoke of "VeriMed Patient Identification System", basically a private corporation's permanent ID card.

www.verimedinfo.com...

And finally, from the King James version, and if you do not believe the bible is "biblical" lol, we must remember that our leaders do, or pretend to, but they do try their best to self fulfill prophecy.

And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Is the thought our society switching to a cashless system such a far out idea??

Paying for goods with notes and coins could be consigned to history within five years, according to the chief executive of Visa Europe. Peter Ayliffe said that, by 2012, using credit and debit cards should be cheaper and more convenient than cash.

www.independent.co.uk...

The cheif of Visa doesn't seem to think so...

[edit on 19-9-2009 by breakingdradles]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by breakingdradles

Time to revamp the barter system.

-will work for food-

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Reply to post by breakingdradles

Not surprising really. Who else would they target first?

I know I for one will never get the chip, and not just for biblical purposes. Our governments are corrupt and I don't feel the need to play along with their sick agendas.

Can't we get real people into office? Why are we polluted with all of these power hungry authority figures? I find our system disgusting and not worth the time to even fill out a ballot. It doesn't matter who wins, the agenda remains on the level of filth.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by breakingdradles

Peter Ayliffe said that, by 2012, using credit and debit cards should be cheaper and more convenient than cash.

Cash doesn't charge interest, service fees, etc. No chance of an overdraft with cash..., so I'm interested to see how they figure...

[edit on 9/19/2009 by nasdack24k]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

I want to start a hydroponics facility where we pay workers in food. It's been a dream of mine for a few years. I'm having trouble figuring out how that works for tax reasons though.

edit for bad spelling

[edit on 19-9-2009 by exile1981]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Wishful thinking on the part of the Visa execs, that cash will become extinct. RFID technology may become wide spread, but technology is fallible and a backup will always be needed. Not to mention the fact that private transactions between individuals would become impossible without a third party (like a bank) being involved.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by exile1981

Do it as a non-profit. You could possibly do it as a LLC, and make the employees partners.

Just a thought. . .

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Reminds me of the story a while back when Germany declined a patent for a cyanide-equipped RFID chip that would have been developed in Saudi Arabia.

Germany denies patent for cyanide equipped RFID chip

I recall reading that the chip would have been used on dangerous terrorists and criminals on licence.

I have a chip in my dog and that is as far as any chip is going to go. If it comes down to being RFID chipped to function properly in society I will opt to live outside society. I'm not entirely sure how I will do that but I know for a fact I won't be getting any chip put under my skin.

s&f for an interesting thread.

[edit on 19-9-2009 by SmokeJaguar67]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

Trying to not get off topic, but.

Not a bad idea. I want to pay in food but list the food given as pay at cost for taxe reasons (employees would pay less taxes). So if a bag of lettuce retails for $5 at the store but costs the bussiness $1 to produce then the employee would be taxed as if they earned $1. My accountant I talked to says I should list it as fair market value ($5) so the business gets a better right off and the gov't gets it's fair tax from the employees.

Technically the system I'm looking at is an aquaponics system so it provides about 12,000lbs of nile tilapia (fish) per year and 200,000 heads of lettuce (or other items) per year. My idea is to sell about half as green food in the city (no pestisides etc.) use 1/4 as pay for employees and 1/4 as donations to the local food bank/shelters. I plan on producing more tomatoes than lettuce.

I have had a couple people who know what I'm working towards ask about trading food for other services, like auto repair and hair cuts and lawn cutting.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by exile1981
I don't mean to nitpick but if you only pay them in food how can they pay rent, or to buy property, or buy any other technological trapping?

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Everywhere I turn this week I see the Elites rolling out their plans to tag the public like cattle. Yes, I recognise the relationship to the Book of Revelation (Apocalyse) and this development is at the least hair-raising.

They have decided to throw everything at the US Americans because if they can be conquered and catalogued (even without realising what was transpiring) then they will be able to take down the rest of the world.

May all their plans utterly fail .

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by breakingdradles

It started with RFID chips in credit cards, which you "wave" in front of the machine. Not too sure how that's soooo much easier than a "swipe"?

Those paypass cards suck I tried to use it the other day at tim hortons. It took the three tries just get pay for my coffee, man that was embarrassing.

Also you have to remember gas stations have there own RFID payment systems as well.

Shell easy pay

Speedpass

It seems like this technology has been slowly introduced to the population as more of convient solution to a busy lifestyle.

But if comes down to getting one of these chips inserted under my skin forget it. I go live in the back country for the rest of my life instead

[edit on 9/19/2009 by Big Oil]

[edit on 9/19/2009 by Big Oil]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
If this is implemented I fear that the value of a human hand will skyrocket. If you use your hand for your bank account, getting into your home, or even starting your car thieves will start chopping off hands. I would recommended having a chip NOT inserted into any body part just in case a thief gets desperate.

A chip on a finger ring sounds more logical to me. Something easily taken off.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Imagine all of the crimes to cut off a human hand and use it till it rots...

I really had expected this thread to draw more response, but perhaps we are all really numbed and overwhelmed and wish to fly away from the doom and gloom. But we all need to buck up and 'play the man' as we once said in the days before institutionalised political correctness.

May God and People save the Earth. Amen.

new topics

top topics

join